“The new face of The Star” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Star

The Star
80 Pyrmont Street | Pyrmont, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia (Formerly Star City Casino)
+61 2 9777 9000
Website
Improve this listing
Visit The Star like an insider
Top Rated
$52*
and up
Sydney Combo: Hop-On Hop-Off Harbor Cruise and...
Ranked #229 of 613 things to do in Sydney
Activities: Gambling
Sydney, Australia
115 attraction reviews
“The new face of The Star”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

The Star is new. Just the lobby is spectacular, added attraction is the restaurant and food arcade and designer shops. I come here almost every month to dine and visit the shopping arcade. Its an elegant and classy atmosphere if you dine at Balla or enjoy the night at their Marquee club. In the bistro they served freshly cooked menus, from steak to any pasta of your choice, and have a wide selection of pastries and cakes made in the premises by the Pastry Chef. Service is friendly and the venue is always presented immaculately. I don't gamble , but I can see its really packed at night, all the tables in the gaming area are crowded and just so crowded every corner. But to come here to dine, then its better to come before 6:00pm to get a parking which is very expensive.

Visited July 2013

10 attraction reviews
“Clean environ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Unlike Singapore or Macau this one was clean and free from the cigarettes smoke. Machines were mostly set for betting low amounts although you could go high if you want. Message was clear that you shouldn't gamble seriously. I found the message attached on the machines amusing (See photo). So it was good to spend a little time playing slot machines, not having to squander money. They also had variety of foods inside and outside of the casino. Staff seemed indifferent and unfriendly but I felt that from almost everybody in Australia. I think that's just their general demeanor.

Visited July 2013
Hobart, Australia
5 attraction reviews
“stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I had an awesome time. the staff were friendly and helpful. Loved the machines there and I won :) easy to get to via the light rail from our hotel :)

Visited August 2012
Hoover, Alabama
35 attraction reviews
“Depends on what you are looking for.....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

My wife and I visited during our stay in Sydney in June 2013. I have read a few of some of the reviews, and I'd agree with some of them. The casino from an atmosphere is quality, and I'd say i have probably been in easily over 50+ different casinos in my life. While I did not play in this casino due to lack of time, and playing wasn't my intention while in Sydney, I did spend about 30-45 minutes inside looking around. Some have made comments about the rudeness, and I might tend to agree based on my limited time. Usually I will get a single $1 (and this casino DOES have them) as a souvenir. I went to the cage and they would not give me a single for a dollar. I had to change a $20. I just immediately walked to another window and changed back $19 dollars in chips to cash. Just seemed ridiculous. So if you are just looking for a good gamble in a class casino, this might be it...but apparently unless you are a big player, you are not going to be treaded as such based on the comments from others here. There are some shops and food, but I did not try them.

Visited June 2013
12 attraction reviews
“Ok place to stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I read other reviews as well but it seems like everyone has different opinions abt this cadino hotel. :) to be honest with u( no offense), most of hotels in Aus arent that great. Aus seems like they dont know anything abt great services. So if u r looking for decent service with nice hotel, Aus isnt a place for you yet compare to other hotels in Aus, this one was a lot better than others. At least, they have stores which open until late at nite and very closed to Darling Harbour. Pls dont try Hotel buffet. I forgot its name but that one was bad. The best food in that place was....none....

Visited June 2013