We stayed at the York apartments for 2 nights - 15th and 16th Feb 2008. We had a 2 bedroomed apartment with 2 bathrooms, laundry facilities complete with washing machine and tumble dryer - which was a great help! The bedrooms were comfortable - a large master bedroom with 2 large double wardrobes with plenty of hangers, a built in safe and the bed was comfy too! The ensuite was well equipped with a nice large shower that worked well - not just a dribble of water! Both bathrooms came complete with the usual shampoo and shower gel, nice thick flannels and large clean towels.
The 2nd bedroom had twin beds and equally as comfortable.
The staff - especially the porter - Micha I think his name was, was extremely hellpful in every way, as were all the reception staff.
The kitchen was well equipped with all cutlery and cockery for up to 6 pax, a large fridge, electric hob, microwave (I think it had) and a welcome pack consisting of water, a small carton of milk (I think) sugar etc... . In the kitchen there was a sliding french door onto a huge balcony which housed a table and 4 chairs. From the master bedroom there was another huge balcony complete with BBQ facilities which we didn't get a chance to use. The lounge too was large with a few sofas, tv, phone , and a lovely dining table large enough for a dinner party! The decor overall was a bit 70's and dated in cream and brown colours- but that didn't matter at all.
We were on the 22nd floor - eek!! see photos!
I have to say that our apartment was excellent in every way, close to all the sights - bridge, opera house, the Rocks etc and can highly recommend it for a few days (or longer) whilst in Sydney - be it for business or pleasure.
The only slight negative was the fact that all cooking pots and frying pan were stainless steel, not good for frying or scrambled eggs! Washing up facilities were minimal, but the water was always hot! I cannot fault it!
The rates too were reasonable
- Also Known As:
- The York By Swiss-Belhotel Hotel Sydney
- The York By Swiss-Belhotel Hotel
- York Apartment Hotel
- York Apartment Sydney
- Apartment Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The York by Swiss-Belhotel is located in the heart of the CBD offering a combination of Studio 1 and 2 Bedroom Apartments. Each apartment offers a spacious living area, fully equipped kitchen, 1 or 2 bathrooms, laundry facilities and balconies. Most apartments have views that extend to the City SkyLine, and the Executive Apartments overlook Sydney Harbour Foreshore*.*Views are not uninterrupted ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Fastbooking, HotelTravel.com and Venere so you can book your The York by Swiss-Belhotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.