“Very handy for city visiting” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Sydney

You added Travelodge Sydney to your Saves list
Travelodge Sydney
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Wentworth Avenue, Sydney, New South Wales NSW 2010, Australia   |
Ranked #85 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
wigtownshire
“Very handy for city visiting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel within 15 minutes walk of Sydney Harbour and all it's attractions. Walk through Hyde Park- it's beautiful. Staff were very helpful and friendly . We were able to deposit our luggage and check in later on in the day. You can book a shuttle bus to the airport at a sensible price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney.
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be comfortable and in a good location for exploring Sydney.
I am delighted that you found the team to be friendly and helpful during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Close to Museum Railway Station makes this hotel handy for those looking for clean, comfortable and affordable accommodation with easy access to International and Domestic airports. The hotel is also within an easy stroll to China town and Central station making it a great base for a stay in Sydney.

Reception staff are friendly and helpful.

In my view this hotel is best suited to the business traveller or for those requiring no more than one or two nights accommodation.

Don't waste your money on breakfast. I thought it was overpriced for what was offered...better off going to one of the nearby cafes which are opened early morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and affordable with easy access to the airports via museum station.

I am sorry that you thought our breakfast to be overpriced, we believe with variety of hot and cold selections in our all you can eat breakfast buffet it is very good value for money, however I do appreciate your comments.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Surprisingly the room is a lot better than what I had excepted.
I booked 30 days in advance and got 2 nights with 30% off the regular special price. :-)
Good location
No car park in the building but good deal with the Secure Parking a block away.

Room Tip: King bed is huge easily sleep 3 if you must.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
HeidiHuynh, Manager at Travelodge Sydney, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I was pleased to read that you were pleasantly surprised in regards to the room and that you enjoyed the location of the hotel .
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

While we enjoyed our stay at Melbourne travelodge, it's not the same for this one. We booked a twin room and found a doble bed, at our request to divide it, at the reception they told us that we should do it ourselves, just brought us a sheet and forgot the quilt, so we had to ask for it. They told us that the following day everything would be in order, but it didn't happen for the two following days, then we left. I had the sensation that the pillow was not so clean. At arrival the receptionist was a very kind girl, when we left there was a very rude person at the desk, while the girls that showed us where to deposit and pick up our baggage have been very kind. The position of this hotel is very good for going everywhere. Bath towels definitely not big enough.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry to read that Eeele and you did not enjoy your stay at Travelodge Sydney. In regards to your comment about booking a twin but being allocated a queen room, I can only imagine that you have booked on a website where we clearly state that the bedding will be either a queen or a twin and cannot be guaranteed. We do ask you to advise your preferred bedding, and while we try to accommodate all requests, there are some times when it’s just not possible. I am sorry that you were asked to make the bed yourself, please be assured that I will address this with the team.
I was pleased that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and found the bed to be comfortable the room clean.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We've been there for three nights, after a very good esperience at travelodge Melbourne.
We booked a twin room, but the room we've been given was a double one. I called the reception asking if it was possible to split the bed.. The answer? Of course was possible, but we had to do it by ourselves!! A member staff came to the room to give us one single bed sheet. WE SPLIT THE BED, and at that point we had one single sheet, one double, and only ONE QUILT!! the reception staff told me they were out of bedding stuff, and the day after the would have fix everything.. That never happened. Also, the pillows were quite dirty.
The bath towels were definitely too small. The bathroom was cold. Only ONE FACE TOWEL!!! The staff keep being unfriendly and quite rude in the following days.
The bed was confortable and the room quite clean, but the service was really disappointing.
IS NOT ACCEPTABLE WE HAD HAD TO MAKE OUR OWN BED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
I am sorry to read that koalatrees and you did not enjoy your stay at Travelodge Sydney. In regards to your comment about booking a twin but being allocated a queen room, I can only imagine that you have booked on a website where we clearly state that the bedding will be either a queen or a twin and cannot be guaranteed. We do ask you to advise your preferred bedding, and while we try to accommodate all requests, there are some times when it’s just not possible. I am sorry that you were asked to make the bed yourself, please be assured that I will address this with the team.
australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

stayed 3 nights for boat show attendance 2013
room on 8 th floor.. a twin with 2 single beds. table 2 chairs. smallish tv with many channels on cabinet (not wall mounted) has microwave and kettle (no toaster) ironing board and some toiletries in bathroom.. bathroom is smallish but has everything.. all day hot water.. don't have to use keycard to make electricity in room work so things can be charged when you're not there . .good fast lifts. we never waited luggage stored securely no charge. and best of all the seemingly all female front desk and supervisors are well trained and very efficient and friendly even when under pressure from the large number of Asians using he hotel.... this place is very handy to most things and this is our third stay so I think that speaks for its self

Room Tip: higher up will eliminate noise from street level which is noisey
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable comments about your recent stay at Travelodge Sydney and for your continued support.
I am pleased to read that you enjoy staying at Travelodge Sydney and that you are happy to return.
I was also delighted that you find the team to be efficient and friendly.
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Sydney was the 2nd stop of our South Pacific Adventure. We stayed here during the big Rugby game so the hotel was packed with lots of people from the UK and also other tour groups from the US. The lobby staff were very helpful if we had questions. Breakfast was included with our stay. They had a lot of hot items and cold cereals, but no fruit. I bought some juices and snacks from the nearby IGA Marketplace.

I think I had a handicap access room since the bathroom was large and could easily accommodate a wheelchair. The room had a small kitchenette with a microwave, fridge, plates, utensils, cups, and an electric kettle. (Come on America, drink more tea!) The bed was large and comfortable for me too. There was a flat panel tv and a table with chairs. The room was clean and a nice escape from exploring Sydney. The walls were pretty thin; I had to yell at some of the kids in our tour group since you could hear door slamming while lying in bed.

The laundry facilities were great too. It cost about $8 for detergent, wash, dry. I only spent $2 since I just used the washer. I air dried my clothes in the room and they were ready to go the next day.

This hotel had a great location; it was walking distance to shops, restaurants, and not too far from the Westfield Mall. Ha! Make sure you have a good map so you're ready to explore this beautiful city!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near large groups or near the lift.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,
I am pleased read that you enjoyed your stay at Travelodge Sydney and enjoyed the facilities the rooms have to offer along with the location of the hotel.
I was delighted that you found the team to be helpful throughout your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback. We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Travelodge Sydney again in the future.
Hotel Manager

Been to Travelodge Sydney? Share your experiences!