“Great hotel in an excellent location - Only wish I had more time...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sydney

You added The Westin Sydney to your Saves list
The Westin Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Martin Place, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Up to 50% Off!
Ranked #26 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shenzhen, China
“Great hotel in an excellent location - Only wish I had more time...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had a 13 hour layover in Sydney that had me staying there overnight, so I popped into the Westin for a short stay. It was a fantastic hotel. It was well situated in the downtown area, just a short walk from the harbor, opera house, bridge, etc... Check in was a breeze, as was checking out the next morning. A good night's rest was all I was really looking for during this stay, and it did not dissappoint. Because I was there for such a short time, I don't have much else to comment on.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear brendanlk

Thank you for sharing your comments following your overnight stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased to have provided a sanctuary for you to recharge and depart well rested for your next journey. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Mark Burns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Westin Sydney stands up to the five star rating in all aspects.
From the greeting at the front door to smiling, helpful assistance of all the staff, and the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms.
Central location within easy walking distance to most attractions.
Worth the extra, value for money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear Ziggy R

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you were comfortable in our care and pleased you could take advantage of our central location. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I love staying at the Westin Sydney. It has a great location and a fantastic breakfast buffet, but the rooms and everything else about it is a little too cold and calculated. It would seem that the target clientele is the well heeled business traveler or cashed up tourist, because there is very little to offer that is good value.

If push comes to shove, the Sheraton on the Park is a better choice, a little cheaper but the rooms are roomier and the place has a little more character.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Justin T

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay with us. We are pleased you enjoy staying at The Westin Sydney however are disappointed that you don’t find our hotel to be welcoming to all. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon to restore your faith in our hospitality.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We couldn't have been more impressed with our stay at the Westin. Tower room was luxurious, clean and comfortable and represented excellent 5 star value. Staff were professional and helpful which makes a nice change from other 5 star hotels. Though we had a 15 minute wait for breakfast it was lovely! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear williamsfamily2011

We are appreciative of your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney and are pleased that you were comfortable in our care. The SuperFoodsRX breakfast in Mosaic Restaurant is a great way to start the day well nourished. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Middle Park, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Hi,

This is the perfect hotel if you are in Sydney for business, however if you value proximity to the parks, gardens and harbour it is not the spot. I am always here for business however I would not stay her for my holidays. I prefer being close to the gardens, more relaxed environment - generally less self important suits.

I hope this assists.

Cheers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear belladonna01

Thank you for sharing your review of The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you enjoy staying with us when on business however disappointed that our location does not suit your leisure needs also. Our central location does allow easy access to Pitt St Mall and the CBD of Sydney with only a short stroll to Circular Quay, The Domain and Botanical Gardens. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Rouse Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed yesterday, from the time we drove in until time to all staff were very helpful and to see us stay. Will return in the future. King room with bathroom enclosed, to help reduce the air conditioning noise.

Room Tip: rooms in the tower on the northern side have best views.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andrew M

Thank you for sharing your comments following your stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased our associates took great care of you and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

I'm a Platinum member and travel all over the world. I have never negetively reviewed a hotel in my life, but feel compelled to do so, as I'm still fuming over the treatment I received today at the Westin Sydney hotel. I had a late lunch at the lobby bar/ restaurant this afternoon. First, I'll say it's incredibly expensive (turkey sandwich and a soda for $32.00 + tip). By the way, the turkey was nothing more than prepackaged deli meat. Anyway, in spite of the incredibly expensive pricing for a deli meat sandwich, I placed an order, as I'm starting to not feel
well and believe I may have a fever after traveling from NYC to Sydney. As I'm eating, I'm feeling much worse and decided to request a container to bring up to my room to finish. Perhaps after laying down for a few minutes, I could try finishing the other half in the comfort of my room. Well, the waitress informed me that they don't allow food to be taken to guest rooms. Are you kidding me??? I'm staying at the hotel. I'm feeling ill and not permitted to bring my $32.00 prepackaged deli meat sandwich with me in a container??? She went to speak to the manager who confirmed that I'm not permitted to leave their establishment with the food that I purchased. Did I mention $32.00 plus for a deli cold cut sandwich? She said what they will do is send room service to deliver my half eaten sandwich. I told her not to bother!!! Oh the kicker was they said that they "don't think it would look right me carrying a container" (of food that I paid for) "into the elevator." I travel all over the world on business. I primarily stay at Starwood properties and have been Platinum every year since joining some time ago. I have never in my life experienced anything such as this. Never! This is a lovely hotel, but not a Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons or St Regis. It's a Westin...a very nice hotel, that may not appreciate their guests. I will be back visiting Sydney in a few months with my colleagues from the UK for an upcomming conference. I will not recommend us staying here based on this treatment. I am so disappointed.
Peter C in room 2902

• Stayed May 2013
Dear SPG-PlatMember

Thank you for providing further feedback on Trip Advisor. We trust you have received our prior correspondence addressing your concerns. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in our service.

Mark Burns

Been to The Westin Sydney? Share your experiences!