“Excellent facilities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Sydney

Save Saved
You added The Westin Sydney to your Saves list
The Westin Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Martin Place, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #27 of 183 hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent facilities”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My second stay at this hotel and the facilities were excellent but two issues (common to other five star hotels) was the issue of ventilation in the high rise room with locked windows and the actual bed and sleep quality. The Heavenly Bed is soft,squishy and feels like sinking into a bed of goose feathers (it probably is just that) but I found it too soft to sleep on. To their credit the staff did try to make it firmer by putting a board underneath the mattress.

I dont know how these two issues could be addressed by this hotel and others. I realise that other people might prefer the softer bed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

1,736 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Korean first
Mililani, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Everytime in Sydney my partner and I have a couple of nights at the Westin Sydney. While it is definitely a business hotel, and located in the Central Business District (CBD), it is also perfect for walking to many great restaurants, bars and shopping. You can easily walk to the Rocks, Darling Harbour and the Opera House. There is no need for a car, or to pay for parking, since you can take buses or walk. The best thing about the Westin is the consistency of the brand, and that includes this property. Easy check-in, easy check-out. I feel like I am coming home the couple of times a year we stay. I personally like the rooms in the tower, with the classic, modern Westin feel. There is a huge soaking tub, pefect for two, as well as a large walk-in shower. Standard rooms are large for Sydney, or other major cities, and well appointed. I would definitely recommend for business, or pleasure.

Room Tip: Some complain about long walks to rooms, which could be an issue in the historical wing, which was t...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Hello All,
We live in sydney so this review is more about our dinner experience at the Mosaic restuarant. I am not sure if it was a bad experience or good one. Maybe a mix. We went there to have dinner, staff gave us seating for 4, eventhough we had no bookings. Good bread, service came up to take our orders - all done.Then we waited, waited and waited for 1 hour (yes 60 minutes) nothing. I requested one of the waiting staff to please bring the food for the kids atleast and he went around in circles and came back to tell me that our order had not been sent to the kitchen. BUT he quickly added "The kids meal, drinks were on the house". That made us feel a little better. The food was not bad. Ravoli was fresh. Time to pay for our 2 course.. there is a mix up again with the bill. We waited for another 10 minutes for the staff to sort of the bill issue.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Broadbeach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stayed last week at the Westin Sydney for 3 nights. I would normally stay at the Sheraton, but having my daughter with me, I needed two doubles and the Sheraton recommended the Westin to accommodate. Could not have been happier with the hotel. The valet, reception and the bell desk staff were welcoming and very professional. The 19th floor Starwood room in the tower was modern, clean and with great city views. The location of the hotel makes it ideal for walking to restaurants at the Quay and the Rocks as well as a short walk for shopping.
I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Starwood Preferred Guest floor (19th). Very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The Westin Hotel in Sydney is truly in a class of its own. From it's perfect location right on Martin Pl, the quality of the rooms, the beautiful views of the city, a variety of eats and bars to wast away the evenings in, everything about this place shines 5 star excellence. Your next hotel stay somewhere else will sadly not come close but you will always have the memory of what other hotels should aim for! An excellent experience all round.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Wolllongong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

My partner had a great overnight stay while in Sydney for a concert. The bar was accessible and convenient on a busy city night, so we had some lovely pre-concert drinks there - after roaming the streets looking for a bar that wasn't bursting at the seams with patrons.

The room was plush and we had a great night sleep. Modern bathroom with an awesome design. Loved every minute of it.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012 via mobile

I arrived at the hotel in a taxi. No one offered to take my suitcase or even greeted me. I checked in and was vaguely pointed in the direction of my room. Room was okay though spartan and characterless despite being in the heritage wing. I left my room at 5pm for the evening and as I left pushed the "make up room" button. When I returned 7 hours later my bed had not been turned down, the bathroom had not been tidied or checked for towels, but I know someone had attended to the room because the beer I had drunk from the minibar had been restocked even though the empty bottle had not been removed. I rang to complain and at the same time requested an iPhone charger which took 30 minutes to arrive despite it being midnight. It didn't matter though as I would not have been able to sleep at the time since a noisy wedding reception was finishing up in the bar below my room. And for all this luxury I had to pay $500. I really don't know how they get away with it.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Westin Sydney? Share your experiences!