I have stayed at this hotel 3 times now in the last 5 years and have never been disappointed. Unless you have pots of money to stay at the Park Hyatt, this is as about as close to Sydney Harbour as it gets!
The Pier One is a converted wharf that juts out onto the water.
Yes it's tucked away just round the corner just past the Bridge (southside) but if you've had a full days sightseeing it's a calming oasis to head back to away from the main throng at Circular Quay.. you can easily walk round to it from Quay or get the bus to the bottom of George Street and walk to it's door.
With it's own pier jetty and board walk you can sit outside and watch the water 'traffic' and have your breakfast, dinner, or drinks.
The rooms are pleasingly modern -but not in a 'big chain' way - get one of the King or Queen rooms on ground level as each opens out onto the boardwalk and your own table and chairs . The higher level rooms have no outside access.
Definately my favourite hotel in Sydney ! A bit pricey for a full holiday but for a few days or a weekend break it's a treat! Starting at around $250 a night- but it's always worth checking it's website for deals, offers and packages.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection® is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings from the stunning, stylish absolute waterfront Suites through to our Eastern facing Heritage rooms. In the heart of the Rocks our location offers the perfect accommodation base for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or Sydney wedding. Our on-site restaurant, Front, offers you the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Guests can also enjoy a drink in style at Front Bar. This luxury hotel in Sydney also offers a smoke-free environment, valet parking, 24-hour security and is pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Marriott, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One