Sebel Pier 1 is at a perfect location, 10 minute walk to The Rocks and Central Quay, 20 minute walk to the Aquarium and Darling Harbor, and well situated on the harbor near the bridge.
Compared to the streets near the hotels in the Central Business District, it was always quiet and refreshing when we got back to the hotel since it’s away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
Because the hotel is basically by itself on Pier One, there are no restaurants around (except the hotel restaurant) without a 10 minute walk to the Rocks. Not a big deal for us, but may be for others. The Rocks (a section of Old Sydney) is up a few flights of stairs and uphill slightly.
Hot continental breakfast is $29 Australian, or about $22 USD as of this writing. Cold continental is $20 Australian. It’s quite good, but seems a bit over priced. Hard to eat $22 USD worth of scrambled eggs, sausage, fruit, and bread.
The bathroom is nicely done and modern, with a beautiful smoky green glass countertop. However, the bathtub and floor are the slipperiest I’ve ever encountered. I’m in my 30s, so any fall shouldn’t be a big deal, but older folks should be very careful. The toilet is mentionable only to the fact that it’s so loud. It’s air assist, so when you flush it, cover your ears.
We had a room on the water side ground floor. Not much of a view, but we didn’t pay very much ($150 USD per night). If the major criteria for a nice place is the view, then you would have been disappointed. For us, the major criteria is clean, quiet, and dark (with curtains closed). This without question fit the bill.
I really feel the Sebel Pier 1 is a great bargain, and would not hesitate to stay there again on our next trip. A wonderful oasis from a busy city.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection® is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings from the stunning, stylish absolute waterfront Suites through to our Eastern facing Heritage rooms. In the heart of the Rocks our location offers the perfect accommodation base for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or Sydney wedding. Our on-site restaurant, Front, offers you the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Guests can also enjoy a drink in style at Front Bar. This luxury hotel in Sydney also offers a smoke-free environment, valet parking, 24-hour security and is pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.