I liked the feel of this hotel, great feel when you enter and see the deck on the water front. staff were friendly. the first room were were given smelt of sewage ( they have had problems with the "aircraft" toilets i think) the second room was fine. they changed us without an issue. it is a great site and we enjoyed being so close to the harbour and Bridge.To get anywhere from the hotel is either walk to the train station (15min) or Taxi. the 3 taxis we got from the hotel were dirty, driven by mutes( they never said a word to us, we think it was because we only got a short ride to the train station) . for a hotel with guests paying top dollar i would strongly suggest they get there own shuttle. I had just flown from Paris ( where hotel shuttles are very common) and being meet at the airport by a hotel shuttle would have added positively to the experience.
Wifi needs to be free in the rooms, we only need an hour $9.95 ( for emalis ) but this lasted one 10 min connection and they was no clear way to see how much time was used and how to logoff to stop the meter.
so in summary the hotel has good room sizes and views. to me it is the "outside" services they need to improve as it does reflect on the hotel and our decision to stay again or not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection(R) is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings from the stunning, stylish absolute waterfront Suites through to our Eastern facing Heritage rooms. In the heart of the Rocks our location offers the perfect accommodation base for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or Sydney wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Guests can also enjoy one of the Signature Cocktail creations. This luxury hotel in Sydney also offers a smoke-free environment, valet parking, 24-hour security and is pet friendly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One