“A little off the beaten path but truly wonderful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Langham, Sydney

You added The Langham, Sydney to your Saves list
The Langham, Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   89 - 113 Kent Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Formerly The Observatory Hotel )   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
UP TO 30% OFF. BOOK NOW!
Ranked #11 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Boston, Massachusetts
“A little off the beaten path but truly wonderful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Langham is a classic and impeccably decorated hotel just a short walk to Circular Quay and the Opera House. It is beautifully appointed and the staff is very professional and friendly. My room was large, the bathroom, tremendous.

I didn't eat at the hotel nor use the spa. The gym, though small, had all the right equipment and was not crowded.

Room Tip: Would suggest a room facing the water - mine faced the street and tennis courts.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear MomOf2_K,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

We too believe that the hotel exemplifies charm & timeless elegance. We do have a very high standard for both customer service and the overall guest experience which I am glad you got to experience during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney in the future!

Sonia Lefevre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Had a lovely relaxing night here staying with my sister in a twin room. Very good service from the checkin to departure. Doorman very helpful with directions and arranging transport. Room service twice and food was delivered very quickly and of very good standard. Beds very comfy and restful, our room overlooked the harbour and we both found it very quiet. Minimal noise heard from the corridor of the hotel as well as from outside. Bathroom excellent with plenty of towels, separate bath and great shower. Internet was included with our room. We needed to attend a function at The Rocks and found it an easy walk with great direction from the dooman. Breakfast was very good with a great choice of foods. The only thing that let breakfast down was our order for tea/coffee was taken as soon as we were seated but didn't arrive until we had completely finished our breakfast and ready to leave. Other diners appeared to get their beverages within a few minutes of being seated and order taken. After 2 reminders to wait staff our drinks were delivered.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear GingerRose63,

It is a delight to read your wonderful feedback!

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests & building great memories. I am delighted that you left with your own special memories with your sister.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to delivering enchanting encounters & I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our front desk team & concierge.
I'm delighted you were able to take advantage of our location; we too think our location is quite special and gives our guests a residential experience of Sydney & The Rocks.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I was whisked away from Melbourne to Sydney as a surprise for my 30th Birthday. My fiancee booked a night at the Langham for us and it was fantastic. The room was a good size and i love having a King size bed in the room. My favourite feature of the room was actually the shower or should i say SHOWERS! There were 3 different types of shower heads that could be used. I'd never seen that before. The check in desk staff were welcoming and the concierge were also very helpful. I would definitely stay there again.
Also in a great area roughly 10 minute walk from the Rocks which is the best part of Sydney.

Room Tip: Try and get a harbour view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear mwakelingdragon,

Thank you for your review. It is a delight to read your feedback!

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our front desk team & concierge team, I am sure they will be pleased to hear they played a part in making your stay a memorable one!

We do hope you had a lovely birthday stay & look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney!

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

My only gripe is the pool wasn't open 24 hours a day like the Sebel in Adelaide! ;) lovely room, speakers in the bathroom for music, large, deep tub and choice of shower heads... I wanted to take the bathroom home with me! Thanks for making my birthday one to remember,will definitely be back. Again and again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear CelMer79

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. We are delighted to read your wonderful feedback!

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests and building great memories. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories. I do hope you had the chance to experience the tranquil oasis that is the pool.
Our most regular guests tell us they return to the hotel as they are made to feel like they are at their luxury Sydney home, and I am delighted to hear you had the same homely experience during your stay.

We hope you enjoyed your birthday stay & we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Langham as a birthday treat for me. We were travelling with our 2 year old and I must say I've never stayed anywhere so thoughtful towards our needs.

We didn't book an expensive rate, in fact it was a wotif mystery deal but the service was so amazing. Half the time you book those deals and get looked down on by the person on reception as if you're a second class citizen. Not at the Langham!

Not only did they accommodate for our son by setting up a trundle bed for him. They also welcomed him to the room with a teddy bear dressing gown and slippers and then, the highlight for him, was the specially made ginger bread man, decorated with lollies and his name (correctly spelt) in chocolate. He loved it and so did we!

Room was beautiful, all the luxuries you expect from a 5 star hotel.

I also recommend joining their free loyalty program as it gives you free wifi in the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Aussie_HolidayMaker

It is a pleasure to read your delightful comments & we are pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at The Langham, Sydney!

We pride ourselves on knowing our guests and providing enchanting encounters. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories. We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. It is delightful to read that your son also had an enjoyable time & we do hope he too left with his own special memories!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney!

Singleton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The nicest hotel i have ever stayed in,the staff are excellent friendly and very helpful,doorman wonderful with directions, the room was absolutely gorgeous,pool very nice and spa very nice.The most enjoyable stay I have ever had.I will definitely be going back.Very clean comfortable hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear neaty_12

It is a pleasure to read your wonderful comments!

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. I am pleased you had the chance to make your own special memories throughout your stay!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I tried organising a suprise for my partner and his friend for when they arrived, I wanted them to have an amazing weekend in Sydney as they don't go away a lot but the staff wouldn't take my credit card details over the phone, I had to complete an authorization scan and fax it back to them, how many people have a scanner and fax and photocopier at home let alone the time to do that. I have never had to do this with any other hotel and found them to be very unhelpful, to afraid to step out of the box. They didn't even offer an alternative or suggest they could place a card in the room complimentary, how hard is it to give satisfactory customer service. This hotel should take tips from hotels overseas, we have a lot of learning to do in the was of customer service here.

Stayed October 2013
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Dear Angerain,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. It was disappointing to read that your stay fell short. As a company, we pride ourselves on extending the best service and hospitality to our guests and I would personally like to follow up with you on your experience with us.

Can I trouble you to email me at sonia.lefevre@langhamhotels.com so that we can discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,