“Modern, clean, comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Astral Tower and Residences at The Star

Save Saved
You added Astral Tower and Residences at The Star to your Saves list
Astral Tower and Residences at The Star
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   80 Pyrmont Street | Pyrmont, Sydney, New South Wales 2009, Australia   |
Ranked #69 of 183 hotels in Sydney
Sydney
“Modern, clean, comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I stayed here for a 2 nights in July with a friend and I had a lovely experience. Check-in was pretty fast and the service was very friendly. Inside, the room was very spacious with 2 double beds. The room is also quite modern with a large LCD tv. I had an amazing view of the city and didn't even have to make a request. The bathroom was very clean. Down stairs there are a few shops and plenty of restaurants and food shops to choose from. The only slight downside is that it's a bit far from the middle of the city such as the Pitt Street mall shops. There's a really convenient monorail close by, or if it's a sunny day it's actually quite a nice walk to the city. I've never had any troubles with the service, and would recommend to anyone who has a bit of cash to spend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

533 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
christchurch
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed one night by myself bookied initially in the Astral Towers but was upgraded to a 2 bedroom apartment in the Astral Residences. Lovely clean spacious apartment and very quiet. Close to the food hall and shops etc in the casino. Very pleased!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed 3 nights in a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment. The apartment was good. A king size bed (although it was actually two singles together) with an ensuite and two single beds in the second bedroom with a separate bathroom. We did have to ring housekeeping at 4pm on our first day to ask for our room to be serviced but they were there within 10mins to take care of it. We also never received our complimentary newspaper at all - a small thing but my hubby likes his paper in the mornings. Generally we were happy and would stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bangalore, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights in Star suite room, excellent room, large bathroom, excellent view of Darling harbour and Harbour bridge. We had booked the room for three adults including breakfast, and we got only one double bed and they charged us 60 dollar near night for third bed. The hotel is like a complex or mall with food court and restaurants, shopping, huge casino. Bed is little worn out and the corridor does not look like a star hotel. Our reaction is quiet mixed , few good things and few negatives.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor and view facing darling harbour.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dimitri_Karam, Front Office Manager at Astral Tower and Residences at The Star, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review Astral Tower and Residences at The Star.

I was very pleased to read that enjoyed your suite, however please accept our sincere apologies that the cost for additional bedding was not factored into your final room rate.

As you may be aware The Star is currently undergoing a major refurbishment with works on the Hotel to commence shortly. You’re feedback in regards to our beds and corridors will be taken into consideration during this time.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to having the chance to welcome you back in the near future.

Dimitri Karam
Astral Tower and Residences
Front Office Manager
Adelaide, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment, 4 Adults for 3 nights in the apartment there was a "King" bed & small double, the King bed was very uncomfortable as it was 2 single beds connected together with a hard ridge running through the middle, the next day i decided to speak to the staff to see if they could offer a sulouition i spoke to the Duty Manager, the manner in which he handled my complaint was nothing short of arrogant he offered me more sheets to put on the bed i told him this wouldnt fix the problem, my husband then spoke to him, he was very rude & was speaking over my husband on the phone in the end my husband got angry & said i dont want to discuss this any more tonight i will talk to you tommorow as we are having a birthday celebration, he hung up, the manager called back 3 times to which my husband responed "i asked you not to call i will talk to you tommorow now dont call me again" 5 minutes later he was at the door with 3 security guards & told us we had to leave...... we had just opened our bottle of wine we were not drunk disorderly or making trouble we just wanted a comfortable bed. I think its an absolute discrace how we were treated. we left & made sure we got a full refund.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

on arrival I was asked for a credit card to provide a $300 deposit, instead I was charged $922!
At the time there seemed to be alot of confusion between the staff and the amount was only confirmed to me once I asked to see a copy of the reciept, origonially I was told I was charged $600. I was then assured the money would be refunded immediatley but it took 4 days for them to return it to my bank. It left me without money for the weekend and having to borrow money to get back to Melbourne. I have complanied and asked for some form of compensation, the response I recieved if I book another room they will give me a discouted rate without telling me what the discounted rate will be. need I say more!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Te Anau
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently spent 4 nights in these apartments. They are clean,spacious & well appointed, although a tad dated now.
The unit had a very comfortable king size bed with pillow choices.
Kitchen was well set out although we only used it for breakfast as the dining options in this area are numerous.
Our unit was on the 11th floor, facing Darling Harbour & the views were amazing.
We booked this property as it had a balcony & opening door which was important to us.
Everything you could want is within this complex & the mono rail to Pitt Street Mall is within easy walking distance.
Sure it was at the high end of the price scale, but you can't beat it for location and convenience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for glowing feedback for Astral Tower and Residences.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and that you enjoyed the room and what The Star complex has to offer.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Dimitri Karam
Front Office Manager
Astral Tower and Residences

Been to Astral Tower and Residences at The Star? Share your experiences!