“very helpful and accomodating” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton on the Park, Sydney

Save Saved
You added Sheraton on the Park, Sydney to your Saves list
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Stay + Save from $199 p/n
Ranked #20 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Dundas
“very helpful and accomodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

After traveling for 23 hrs and arriving around 10:30 am, we were allowed to check into our room immediately.
The service was always excellent and the executive lounge service was very helpful.
The continental breakfast was plentiful and afternoon tea and the evening drink service was prompt and friendly.
The view from the executive lounge was also wonderful.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Sydney

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Dundasmom,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park. I am very pleased to note that we were able to accommodate you for an early check in, especially after such a long flight. I thank you for your kind words and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the near future.

1,740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Don't ask me how I ended up here - I just did after driving from Gerringong (see previous review) and then hosting my own Xmas party (which I also had to DJ at)....I got in at about 4AM and immediately crashed out!

When I woke up, I was amazed at what I saw. I know the room didn't have nice views (can't remember what level I was on, except it was facing out towards Castlereagh St) but I treated myself to a bath, which was really nice. The marble bathroom was pretty cool too.

The best thing about my stay was the fact that I ordered room service, and how good it was. Yeah, it was probably hell expensive (can't remember), but where else are you going to get really good hamburgers and chips that early in the morning? I couldn't even walk down to the local Maccas let alone walk straight! To all those who complain about the prices - you're staying at a 5 star hotel.....this is what to expect!!! (Better me telling you than the Sheraton management).

Hopefully one day, I will get to come here and enjoy it properly. Thanks for letting me stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear jbones999,
Sounds like you had a very well deserved stay with us and I thank you for the wonderful feedback. Our prices are in line with all other 5 Star hotels as we endeavour to not only match but exceed our offerings so I appreciate your comments on Tripadvisor and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon for a much longer and relaxing stay.
Winterthur, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed last time two years ago at this hotel. It's still excellent: Rooms are large, bed is comfy, club lounge is offering good wine and snacks, as well as a good "continental plus" breakfast. The plus means also scramled eggs and sausages are provided. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Yes, there is a bit more wear and tear than two years ago, but the property is generally well maintained. The only downside is that they more than doubled the rate in two years - which makes it rather expensive for a hotel which is two years older, anyway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear swiss_global_trip,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your stay in Sydney and appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding our guest rooms and our Sheraton Club Lounge. Please also note our rates are always in line with all other 5 star hotels as we endeavour to not only match but exceed our offerings however I have taken your feedback on board and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park.
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stay regularly at the Sheraton on the Park when visiting Sydney for business. It really is a fantastic hotel, and if you're lucky enough to be able to use the executive lounge on the 21st floor, all the better!

The rooms are spacious and light. I can't recall a time I have been unhappy with my room at this hotel. It is right across the road from parkland, and St James Station, where you can get a train to the airport in around 15 minutes. There is a great walk path, that is accessed across the road, up past the Art Gallery of NSW (5 minute walk) and then right around the waterfront past the Opera House and back up to the Sheraton - takes around an hour and is a stunning way to start the day.

The breakfast buffet is plentiful and typical of an Australian 5-star buffet. No, actually it is better than many.

I highly recommend this hotel, but it will depend on what you are in Sydny for and where you need to be. This location suits me for most of my visits.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear aussie_traveller55,
Thank you for your patronage and loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park and for your wonderful feedback. It is very rewarding to receive feedback such as yours and for the recommendation we thank you!
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a favourite of ours and I have never previously written a review on it before, but given i was a little disappointed in something this time around and when I brought it to the staffs attention and it didn't appear to be taken with much credence I thought that I would get Managements attention this way.

This hotel is one of Sydney's best. It's location is perfect for so many things. Only a short walk down to the quay, a one minute walk to the main shopping spots, beautiful Hyde park directly across the road, everything just so close.
There is warm and welcoming staff right throughout the hotel. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, despite getting a little older now.

This visit was the first time we have used the club lounge access. Upon arrival we thought that we would access the lounge to have a cup of tea to refresh but were turned away advising that we could only use the facilities between 5-7pm and for breakfast from 7-10am. Having used this service in the Hyatt hotels throughout the world, we had not encountered this before and were disappointed. We just wanted a quiet place to sit, refresh and were told we couldn't. That aside, when we did come come back at 5, there was a lovely selection of food and drinks to choose from and good service. Breakfast was also good the next morning, with plenty of choice to start the day with. I think it is good value for money to upgrade to the club if you are considering it.

What was disappointing this time was that it became clear to us that our room had not been serviced properly prior to our arrival as the evening of our first night I noticed something on the floor by the toilet and upon investigation I discovered it was two soiled sanitary napkins, left on the floor by the base of the toilet. This made me think that the toilet had not been cleaned at all since the previous guest otherwise these would have been found. I found this disappointing for a high end hotel. When I alerted desk staff to this they didn't really seem to care which was also disappointing. I put the napkins in the bin and then some 7-8 hours later a staff member came to refresh the room. Too little too late I thought.

All this aside, I would still highly recommend this hotel to anyone. hopefully my glitch was a rare error and I hope to not find this again for a very long time.

Enjoy all that this great hotel has to offer. I know we will be back again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BMercerHotelManager, Owner at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear LizMontereo,
I appreciate your thorough review and from the very outset I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointing feedback you have provided, especially as we are your favourite hotel of choice. It is hearing constructive feedback such as yours that provides us with the opportunity to re-evaluate our products and tailor it to our guests’ preferences. I regret your concerns were not brought to my attention whilst you were still in residence, as this would have provided me the opportunity to address your issues immediately, ensuring your stay with us was both comfortable and enjoyable. Please note our Sheraton Club Lounge trading hours are 7am through to 9pm and I greatly apologize for the miscommunication that has occurred. Regarding the cleanliness of your room, this is our absolute focus and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Rest assured this has been addressed immediately and we hope to welcome you back soon to make for this less than perfect experience.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The rooms are very Sheraton - nice beds, some space and oldy world.

The gym is great and always has a spare bike, cross trainer etc.

The sheraton club is very good however has too much free wine for an underweight like me.

A great place to stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear scog1,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and for your positive feedback, greatly appreciated.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed twice at this hotel and it has been great both times. Lobby is comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are particularly large and comfortable and modern. Breakfast buffet is very good. Location is central to CBD as well as a short walk to opera house and the Rocks. Club lounge upstatirs is also great. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marc G,
Thank you for your return stay and for your loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park.
Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton on the Park, Sydney? Share your experiences!