“Still excellent - but getting a bit pricey” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton on the Park, Sydney

Save Saved
You added Sheraton on the Park, Sydney to your Saves list
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Rates from $199 per night
Ranked #21 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Winterthur, Switzerland
“Still excellent - but getting a bit pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed last time two years ago at this hotel. It's still excellent: Rooms are large, bed is comfy, club lounge is offering good wine and snacks, as well as a good "continental plus" breakfast. The plus means also scramled eggs and sausages are provided. Staff is very friendly and efficient. Yes, there is a bit more wear and tear than two years ago, but the property is generally well maintained. The only downside is that they more than doubled the rate in two years - which makes it rather expensive for a hotel which is two years older, anyway.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear swiss_global_trip,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your stay in Sydney and appreciate your wonderful feedback regarding our guest rooms and our Sheraton Club Lounge. Please also note our rates are always in line with all other 5 star hotels as we endeavour to not only match but exceed our offerings however I have taken your feedback on board and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stay regularly at the Sheraton on the Park when visiting Sydney for business. It really is a fantastic hotel, and if you're lucky enough to be able to use the executive lounge on the 21st floor, all the better!

The rooms are spacious and light. I can't recall a time I have been unhappy with my room at this hotel. It is right across the road from parkland, and St James Station, where you can get a train to the airport in around 15 minutes. There is a great walk path, that is accessed across the road, up past the Art Gallery of NSW (5 minute walk) and then right around the waterfront past the Opera House and back up to the Sheraton - takes around an hour and is a stunning way to start the day.

The breakfast buffet is plentiful and typical of an Australian 5-star buffet. No, actually it is better than many.

I highly recommend this hotel, but it will depend on what you are in Sydny for and where you need to be. This location suits me for most of my visits.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear aussie_traveller55,
Thank you for your patronage and loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park and for your wonderful feedback. It is very rewarding to receive feedback such as yours and for the recommendation we thank you!
Geelong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a favourite of ours and I have never previously written a review on it before, but given i was a little disappointed in something this time around and when I brought it to the staffs attention and it didn't appear to be taken with much credence I thought that I would get Managements attention this way.

This hotel is one of Sydney's best. It's location is perfect for so many things. Only a short walk down to the quay, a one minute walk to the main shopping spots, beautiful Hyde park directly across the road, everything just so close.
There is warm and welcoming staff right throughout the hotel. Rooms are spacious and well appointed, despite getting a little older now.

This visit was the first time we have used the club lounge access. Upon arrival we thought that we would access the lounge to have a cup of tea to refresh but were turned away advising that we could only use the facilities between 5-7pm and for breakfast from 7-10am. Having used this service in the Hyatt hotels throughout the world, we had not encountered this before and were disappointed. We just wanted a quiet place to sit, refresh and were told we couldn't. That aside, when we did come come back at 5, there was a lovely selection of food and drinks to choose from and good service. Breakfast was also good the next morning, with plenty of choice to start the day with. I think it is good value for money to upgrade to the club if you are considering it.

What was disappointing this time was that it became clear to us that our room had not been serviced properly prior to our arrival as the evening of our first night I noticed something on the floor by the toilet and upon investigation I discovered it was two soiled sanitary napkins, left on the floor by the base of the toilet. This made me think that the toilet had not been cleaned at all since the previous guest otherwise these would have been found. I found this disappointing for a high end hotel. When I alerted desk staff to this they didn't really seem to care which was also disappointing. I put the napkins in the bin and then some 7-8 hours later a staff member came to refresh the room. Too little too late I thought.

All this aside, I would still highly recommend this hotel to anyone. hopefully my glitch was a rare error and I hope to not find this again for a very long time.

Enjoy all that this great hotel has to offer. I know we will be back again!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
BMercerHotelManager, Owner at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear LizMontereo,
I appreciate your thorough review and from the very outset I would like to extend my sincere apologies for the disappointing feedback you have provided, especially as we are your favourite hotel of choice. It is hearing constructive feedback such as yours that provides us with the opportunity to re-evaluate our products and tailor it to our guests’ preferences. I regret your concerns were not brought to my attention whilst you were still in residence, as this would have provided me the opportunity to address your issues immediately, ensuring your stay with us was both comfortable and enjoyable. Please note our Sheraton Club Lounge trading hours are 7am through to 9pm and I greatly apologize for the miscommunication that has occurred. Regarding the cleanliness of your room, this is our absolute focus and I thank you for bringing this to my attention. Rest assured this has been addressed immediately and we hope to welcome you back soon to make for this less than perfect experience.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The rooms are very Sheraton - nice beds, some space and oldy world.

The gym is great and always has a spare bike, cross trainer etc.

The sheraton club is very good however has too much free wine for an underweight like me.

A great place to stay

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear scog1,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and for your positive feedback, greatly appreciated.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed twice at this hotel and it has been great both times. Lobby is comfortable and staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are particularly large and comfortable and modern. Breakfast buffet is very good. Location is central to CBD as well as a short walk to opera house and the Rocks. Club lounge upstatirs is also great. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Dear Marc G,
Thank you for your return stay and for your loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park.
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I don't usually write reviews for big hotel brands such as Sheraton, since they usually already have a good client base and respectable reputation.

However, I stayed at this 5 star hotel on a long weekend recently to visit a friend in Sydney and was extrmely happy.

Travelling with my partner, we found the room we stayed in to be very big, with a huge beautiful bathroom and even a walk-in wardrobe. The attention to detail is fantastic and it definitely deserves its 5 stars.

Rooftop pool and spa is also very nice, with a stunning view of Hyde Park and the CBD.

One thing that really stood out for me was the customer service. I have stayed in a few 5 star hotels where staff have been snobby and rude. But here, I was warmly greeted by reception (I think the girl's name was Lucy), who did everything they could to have a room ready for us even though we arrived early. Baggage services and even the cleaners were friendly and happy and greeted us as we walked by. It was really refreshing.

I didn't get a chance to try the restaurant but it looks exquisite and I will be sure to stay with Sheraton on the Park on my next trip to Sydney.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mitch P,
I appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Sheraton on the Park and am delighted we met and exceeded all your expectations. Also, thank you for your kind words regarding the Associates we have working at the Sheraton on the Park and representing our wonderful hotel. I appreciate your feedback and will be sure to share with all to enjoy. Thank you!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had a comfortable room that was clean and included a nice view of the park below. The workout room had everything we needed. Be sure to enjoy the view of the park from the swimming pool outdoor patio- you will have to pay for such a great view anywhere else in the city. Breakfast was amazing! Lots of choices! It was included in our hotel package, otherwise it is rather pricey. Concierge was helpful with tips for meals and could provide an umbrella. Westfield mall is just a block away. Easy walk to the harbors. Coffee and tea provided in the room. Had a great stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for the park view