Since my last review I have returned. I confirm everything I said in my previous review about the location, cleanliness etc but unfortunately my last visit got off to a bad start. In December 2012 I booked on Wotif.com which in hindsight was a huge mistake and it was not much cheaper than if I had booked online.
Check in at the hotel took longer than usual and was a strange experience. There was confusion over my Starwoods points membership number and where I joined. Why it mattered was beyond me. I got the impression that the clerk was working off the profile of somebody other than myself.
I was then given what must be the worst room in the hotel. I have previously stayed in city side rooms. Although they have no view as such, there are windows with shutters and natural light and they are fine. The room was DIABOLICAL – no natural light, one small window looking out on to a dirty concrete wall and recessed area. I returned to reception and expressed my displeasure. Long story short, I paid the extra and upgraded to a room with a Hyde Park view because by that stage I was totally over it and my partner was waiting for me in the room. From that point on, all was good and we stayed an extra night.
As an aside, I agree with the previous reviewer about the reservation service. It is appalling. It is not at the hotel but a call centre in a galaxy far, far away. The broken English and confusion is terrible. The prices bear no relationship to what is on Sheraton website or anywhere else. For this reason I usually book directly on line and pre-pay.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Park, Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sheraton On The Park, Sydney Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm Australian welcome at the five-star Sheraton on the Park. Located directly opposite Hyde Park, the tree-lined oasis in the heart of Sydney, our hotel is a great destination to connect with friends, family, and colleagues. From the moment you walk through our grand entrance, you will enjoy all that our Sydney hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Starwood APAC, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton on the Park, Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.