My two daughters and I stayed at this hotel last night. The service was faultless from our arrival and valet parking to the checkout and the return of our car. I do recommend the valet parking; convenient, efficient and well priced for Sydney CBD. All the staff we encountered were friendly and professional and very efficient.
We stayed on the twelfth floor overlooking Hyde Park and St Mary's Cathedral which was a delightful outlook in daylight and even prettier at night. The room had twins beds but was rather compact. I had pre booked for three and was initially offered a king sized suite. When I queried that the booking was for three I was immediately offered a twin room and a roll away bed.
This proved to be impossible to achieve as the roll away was a generous size and with my ten year old daughter in a wheelchair I preferred she sleep on the lounge which was more than adequate. The staff immediately removed the roll away and bought extra linen and were most helpful.
The bathroom was well appointed with good quality toiletries, larger than normal cakes of soap as well as liquid soap and a separate shower, bath and king sized bath towels. The wheelchair was difficult to manoeuvre in the bathroom, barely squeezing through the doorway. I would guess there are more spacious rooms which may have been more suitable to a disabled guest, but for only one night and after a long drive, I did not approach the staff to enquire when I realised what the challenges were. I would certainly mention special needs when booking in the future.
The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in at any hotel and better than my bed at home!! There was a good selection of soft and firm pillows, rather large ones, so we were all very happy.
The cleanliness of the living area/bathroom was immaculate.
I did find the 24 hour fee for watching movies, around $35 from memory, prohibitive. I would have been happy to pay $10 for one movie, but that was not an option.
I found this location ideal for shopping in the Pitt Street Mall and for our appointment at the Sydney Eye Hospital on Macquarie Street. It was an easy walk to both places. Hyde Park is beautiful and there was various entertainment to be enjoyed there this morning, from a choir of young people to a man blowing the biggest bubbles I have ever seen! A very pleasant walk to admire the lovely gardens, huge trees, statues and colourful personalities.
I loved this hotel and I have stayed in many in the CBD. The front foyer is breathtakingly beautiful and there was a convenient ramp to the foyer from street level, essential for disabled guests. I think it well and truly deserves it's five star rating and I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed with the standard of service or the comfort offered. Well done Sheraton, we loved you!
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton On The Park, Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sheraton On The Park, Sydney Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel Sydney
- Sheraton Sydney
- Sydney Sheraton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm Australian welcome at the five-star Sheraton on the Park. Located directly opposite Hyde Park, the tree-lined oasis in the heart of Sydney, our hotel is a great destination to connect with friends, family, and colleagues. From the moment you walk through our grand entrance, you will enjoy all that our Sydney hotel has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Starwood APAC, Amex, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Sheraton on the Park, Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.