“Best hotel in Sydney CBD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton on the Park, Sydney

You added Sheraton on the Park, Sydney to your Saves list
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Up to 50% Off!
Ranked #24 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Best hotel in Sydney CBD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

When I stay in the Sydney CBD, I always stay at the Sheraton on the Park hotel, with the complimentry car parking and breakfast deal. Friendly staff, great decor, and ideal facilities on the top floor with indoor pool, steam room, sauna, spa etc. A place I can relax in the centre of Sydney opposite Hyde Park. Adacent to the train Station and Elizabeth St bus stops, and the front of house staff can always find you a taxi when required, but within walking distance to mosy of the CBD.

Room Tip: Views from rooms facing Hyde Park are awesome, but you may have to pay extra.. or bargain..
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (601)
Sydney, Australia
1,564 helpful votes 1,564 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

This is without doubt one of the finest Hotels in Sydney. They have kept this Grand Hotel well under the radar, and why? well its because of its international reputation amongst foreign dignatries, Heads of state, and Royals, Kings and Queens, Elton John comes to mind. They al choose this Hotel, for its security and safety, and its central convenience. A Famous Hilton prefers this Hotel over the Sydney Hilton, as she likes the views and Suites better. The Hotel has over 550 rooms and 50 Suites, many overloking the fantastic Hyde Park and St Mary's Cathedral, and views stretching down to the harbour, at night its even more spectacular.

The rooms are as Grand,as the Foyer, the beds are like sleeping on a Plush cloud, the amenities are amongst the best in the world. The room service is simply devine, well delivered and layed out, Hot and scruptious. In the evening we had dinner down in the Botanica Restaurant which was stunning and drinks in the Conservatory bar were relaxing. You will get by the names that there is a Garden feel with the Lovely Hyde Park opposite. A world class health club on the roof top with a heated indoor pool also offer some of the very best views of the city and Park, including the Harbour. I wont normally go into pools but this one was so lovely, warm and stylish, a big pool so I didnt feel like I was in anyone elses space.

A must do, if your lucky enough to be staying and not the type that whines about cost, if you are smart enough to know that you really do get what you pay for, then this is the Hotel for you. And the Must do? well the High tea. Served in the Gallery Tea Lounge, It is grand. Served in style and flair. Names like twinning's, Max Brenner and Moet and Chandon all provide the perfect High tea, along with decadent and enticing treats. Sweet and savoury fare, abound, I loved this High tea and it rates up there with my High tea at the Plaza Hotel in New York. This is spledour at its best and just how I love to spend a weekend. I cant speak highly enough about htis treat of a Hotel, which as a Sydney sider is a relaxing break from the routine. For an Interstate visitor it is an amazing retreat, drop the heirs and enjoy the experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Macquarie, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I have spent a few short stays at SOTP for business - - great decore in the rooms (my wife is now desperate for a visit), and good facilities and location. Possibly my favourite Sydney hotel. At the moment.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I stayed here in July 2012. I found some of the check in staff to be unfriendly. I had booked through wotif.com and my booking included breakfast. The check in staff member said she had no record of that being included, luckily it was listed on my wotif booking, so that was sorted out. Thought I'd had a good stay until I got an email the following day stating I'd used the mini bar and was going to be charged for it - I hadn't used a single thing from the mini bar!!! I called to sort it out and was told I wouldn't be charged, but I don't really trust Sheraton now. Will keep a close eye on my credit card and check they don't try to charge me for something I didn't use. Think I'll stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Dear Moolyaus,

Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing arrival experience you encountered. This level of service is not at all typical of the high standards that we strive to achieve and indeed we must do better; rest assured that I have shared your comments with our Front Office Team as your feedback is very important to us for continual training and development. In regards to your minibar not serviced correctly, we have obviously fallen short of the mark and for this I also apologize.

Moolyaus, I would request you provide us with another opportunity on your return visit to reinstall your confidence in the Sheraton on the Park and to show you this is an isolated incident and not what is expected of a hotel of our calibre.

We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back in the near future.

Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

I always stay in a park view room, decent size room for a hotel, very comfortable beds, desk, couch etc, very well appointed and furnished. Can highly recomend and will stay here again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Our first visit to the Sheraton on the Park hotel and we were greeted by the very attentive Amir at the check in desk. Amir went over and above to assist (even offering us the penthouse suite when we asked if there were any upgrades available!) and always with a smile-what a refreshing change, he made us feel welcome and important guests. Thank you Amir, I hope your manager reads this and acknowledges your high level of customer service. The room was perfect for us, in a great location, walking distance to shops (close to DJ's) and the mall. We will be back. Even just to see Amir again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Wileygirl33,

Thank you for your kind words regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton on the Park, I am so pleased to read that you found our service and facilities of an excellent standard and that you are already looking forward in returning. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback such as yours as it allows me to show our associates that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and myself alike. Rest assured, I have personally taken the time to pass on your thanks and praise to Amir and also posted your review on our staff notice board for all to view and enjoy.

Wileygirl33, thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitability of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2012

We've stayed here twice already and would likely stay there again on our next visit. Convenient location and the rooms have been pretty good both times. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is the service hasn't been as great as I'd expect from the Sheraton.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Dear RTWRC,

Here at Sheraton on the Park our aim is to offer our guests the highest standards of service along with our superior facilities for our guests to enjoy. I appreciate your kind words regarding our location and guest rooms and do greatly apologise if the service standards have not met your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future so on your return we re-instil confidence in our Product, Service and Brand.

Hotel Manager

Been to Sheraton on the Park, Sydney? Share your experiences!