We had the pleasure of staying at the Mantra after being stranded in Sydney due to the weather.
I had to admit, I did have high expectations. In the past when searching for accommodation, all the Mantra hotel website images I'd seen seemed quite swish and new.
The lobby in the Mantra at Bond Street was fairly standard. It was late when we arrived and with around fifteen other people we were told we had to wait to check in, which I thought was a little strange. Staff were polite, but not overly welcoming. Given the circumstance and time of the night I suppose I can understand.
The lobby toilet is in dire need of repair. It's tired and definitely not up to standard for a hotel lobby toilet.
We stayed on the fourth level (room 417 if I recall, as the numbers had come off the door and were only legible by the sticky residue left behind).
The small suite was generous. A self-contained studio apartment complete with a kitchen as well as a washer and dryer in the bathroom. The apartment itself also had heating and cooling however the switch I believe was in the wardrobe.
I was impressed that washing detergent was available; however there as no point in washing our clothes as our stay was barely overnight (six hours).
The decor I suspect can be seen as being a little aged but it's fairly standard and not bad in the least.
The only downside was the level of cleanliness in the bathroom. Most of it was clean with the exception of a few things. The showers really do need a re-caulking. The mould has gotten into it and really, by hotel standards that should be cleaned and replaced.
Everything else seemed reasonably clean. As I said, our stay was short and so I didn't have an opportunity to have a more comprehensive look. The bed was clean and comfortable and I think for the price of the studio apartment, the cost is reasonable. It's pretty much—you get what you pay for.
Would I stay again? I'd consider it, but there are other places you can stay where mould is not visible in the bathroom. That being said, the availability of a washer and dryer is attractive, so yes I definitely would consider staying again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney is perfectly located close to Sydney Harbour and Circular Quay and is a minute away from the heart of Sydney's CBD. Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney's accommodation is ideal for singles through to groups of six with a variety of rooms including Executive Studios, One, and Two Bedroom Apartments, penthouses or junior suites, most with stunning Sydney city views. Please note no twin bedding available. All rooms are fully self-contained and feature broadband internet access, cable TV, in-house movies, mini bar and climate controlled air-conditioning. Guests will enjoy the Memento Bar & Kitchen located within the hotel and open for breakfast, lunch and a la carte dinner service 7 days a week. If you want to head out there is a host of multicultural cuisines at an array of restaurants and bars located within close proximity to Mantra 2 Bond Street. For those that have time to indulge in some leisure, the luxurious rooftop pool and spa is the ideal spot to relax while watching the world go by. Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney is perfectly positioned to take advantage of what Sydney has on offer. Enjoy a swim or some sightseeing at over 70 harbours and ocean beaches including the famous and iconic Bondi Beach. Entertainment is first class with an array of world-class theatres, museums and galleries spread across the city, but if shopping is on the cards the CBD is a shopper's paradise with a number of department stores, one of a kind boutiques and designer fashions. The Rocks sits just north of the CBD and is the perfect blend of old and new in Sydney with beautiful buildings, shops, pubs and restaurants. Guests must present a credit card upon arrival and Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney has a no cash policy. If you elect to pay your account by credit card or other card using a credit payment facility, Mantra Group reserve the right to charge a payment processing fee in order to cover its associated administrative cost. Payment made by MasterCard/Visa/Amex/Diners will incur a 2% surcharge. Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney is a NON SMOKING hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Odigeo, HotelsClick and Agoda so you can book your Mantra 2 Bond Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Hotel Sydney
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney
- Saville Hotel Sydney