“It gets better each time” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Melbourne, Australia
“It gets better each time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

It has been almost a year to the day since we last stayed at this hotel and I am happy to recommend this hotel yet again. It has improved since our last visit which a lot to say given we were very happy the last time we stayed here.
The staff were exceptionally helpful and attentive and the young lady who is the hostess in the Executive Lounge was fantastic. She attended to everyone in the lounge with a friendly and attentive manner and was outstanding. The valet parking attendants were also outstanding and always had our car available for us at the requested time.
The executive room we stayed in was clean and modern as one would expect from a hotel of this standard.
We had a very nice 3 nights at the hotel and will certainly return on our next visit to Sydney as it is our hotel of choice and has been for quite a while now.
Steve from Melbourne

Room Tip: The Executive Rooms are great value as it includes breakfast, snacks throughout the day, drinks and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Bangkok
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed in the Radisson Blu Plaza Sydney for 4 days and I had a very pleasant experience. The hotel is located centrally within 5 minutes walking distance to Circular Quay and to "The Rocks" and in close proximity to major shopping areas. Breakfast is outstanding offering a generous selection of cold cuts, cheese, fish, hot dishes and pastries. I found the Hotel personnel to be very friendly and helpful. Internet connection in the hotel was fast and flawless. I had a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Wife & I with 2 kids (9 & 6) stayed here for 1 night on way through Syd. We were very impressed by valet parking staff & concierge. Arrived early (about 12) and our room was ready. Went out afternoon and returned to find 2 x teddy bears for the kids, complimentry from the desk manager. Nice touch!
Room was grand. Beds were great. Pool small, but heated and enough to tire our kids! Buffet breakfast was awesome. All staff very friendly, courteous and helpful.
Will consider a stay here again at the right 'special' price that we got this at.

Room Tip: Our room faced out to front side of Hotel, and on the first floor. No street noise that we noticed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I stayed for night for work and it was a lovely staff. The reception and concierge were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size, the bathroom was very well proportioned and the soaps etc. smelled delightful. Radisson Blu is in a great central location, without being noisy.
I had a fantastic stay and will definitely be back. There was a good selction of food at breakfast, although the only improvement would be to have espresso style coffee available.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My fiance and l stayed for a long weekend and our experience was a fantastic one. The location is great for a stay in Sydney, a short walk to the harbour and plenty of good restaurants nearby. All the staff were very attentive, friendly and accommodating, they couldn't have been nicer. We had a problem with the heating in our room blowing cold air making the room rather chilly, so reception staff suggested 're-booting' it to try and fix the problem, however when this did not work we were promptly moved to an upgraded room for the remainder of our stay, with a porter sent to help us move our belongings. This was organised quickly and we were made to feel this was not a problem, and that they were happy to assist. When we checked out, we could store our luggage for the day until we were ready to pick it up for our trip to the airport, and we were farewell'ed kindly by the Hotel Manager.
Overall a great experience, and we would not hesitate in staying again. Thank you!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My partner and I stayed for one night and I won't bother again. Much better hotels in Sydney.
We had booked and paid in advance and yet when we arrived in the evening it took quiet a while to check in as they had to "find us a room" not sure why they had to find us a room when we had not only booked but already paid.
Hotel room was a reasonable room, bed was comfortable and toiletries in the bathroom were nice.
Very from the room was nothing but internal rooftops.
No paper in the morning, wifi didn't work and no help with luggage.
It wasn't a horrible experience and I could be tempted to try it again to see if I just had bad luck....

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Princess R,
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review regarding your experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention.
I was concerned to learn that you had an issue during your stay regarding our service provided. I’ve already spoken to our Front Office Manager in relation to two concerning areas for him to investigate. We always have porters on hand to assist guests with their luggage, I’m sorry you were not offered assistance with your luggage and in no way does this reflect a typical guest stay. I wanted to apologise for the impression our Guest Service Agent had given you, I can assure you that all bookings made are guaranteed. Due to the location of the hotel we do not promote our hotel as a ‘View’ hotel, I apologise for the miscommunication and we will continually check all marketing collateral to ensure future guests do not incur the same issue. I’m not sure why you didn’t receive a morning paper, I understand we have been having distribution problems with Fairfax at the moment with not enough copies available. We always keep additional copies in the lobby level which any of our staff would be happy to give to you. Our complimentary Wi-Fi is very important to our guests and rest assured we are doing everything in our power to ensure that our guests receive satisfactory internet connection, this is an ongoing problem we are working on.
I’m glad that you found our room reasonable and bed comfortable with the amenities we provided to your satisfaction. The hotel is going through a transformation in the next 12months and we look forward communicating that to you in the future and welcoming you back to the hotel.
Peter Tudehope
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

From the moment I stepped out of the taxi, I was greeted with smiles and assistance. I arrived at 8am and reception organised my room and stowed my baggage so that when I later returned I had only to pick up my room key.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable and includes pillow service. Bathroom was a big winner with full sized bath and large shower.
Ordered breakfast for both mornings and they were spot on with delivery time and service.
Each day as I entered the lobby I was greeted with smiles and good mornings/afternoon.
My hat goes off to the staff at the Radisson Blu Plaza for their friendliness and courtesy and all-round welcoming manner.
Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business