“Sydney 5* at a price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #12 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra, Australia
“Sydney 5* at a price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Stayed at Radisson Blu for the night before City to Surf. Booked late - so price was at the upper limits of what I'd be prepared to pay for Sydney for room only. Given that Sydney is packed that weekend, I was glad to get a room. Arrived in the evening - the staff are very friendly and welcoming - even to me when I walked in in my athletics gear :-) Room was very spacious with a nice, large bathroom and a large and comfortable bed and big LCD TV. The location is only a few minutes stroll to Pitt St Mall, Hyde Park and even closer to the finance district. After I checked out I Ieft my bags at concierge - and when I returned after the run (somewhat puffed!) to pick it up, they offered my bottled water in case I was thirsty which I thought was a nice touch - and also use of the gym if I wanted a post race shower before heading home. I liked the hotel and its staff - I hadn't stayed there before, but I'd stay there again if I could get slightly better value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear TimfromCanberra,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you chose to stay at Radisson Blu for the City2Surf and we were to your satisfaction. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Nelson, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wow, where do I start?

Great staff, particularly the friendly porter who was on the Thurs afternoon I arrived, came out to my taxi and escorted me into the reception area. Had candid conversations with him too when we saw him on the days he was on. Restaurant staff were also very helpful and had a fab dinner service with them.
Big Thank you to the hotel manager for sending up champagne on the first night for our anniversary, really made our stay. (despite not being a wedding anniversary, which amused us greatly!)

Room was great, king size bed was mega comfy, being on the 11th floor was very good for sleeping, barely heard traffic.
Bathroom facilities were brilliant, walk in shower and deep soaking tub with plenty of toiletries.
Hotel is very close to Pitt Street, Circular Quay, Darling Harbour easy walking distance. Train station was handy to get out to the rugby. Was entertaining meeting fellow All Black supporters in the lift after the game!
Free wifi was also handy- haven't come across many hotels that do this- awesome.

Most definitely recommend Radisson for an anniversary/ de-stress in our case. They really know how to look after their customers and provide outstanding service. Would gladly stay here again.

Room Tip: O'Connell Street side is quieter, aim for a room on that side of the building
1 Thank Mara B
Dear Mara B,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and I've passed on your thanks regarding the complimentary champagne and your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sulphur Creek, Tasmania, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

One of the best places I have stayed. Spacious well appointed room and very nice bathroom with amazing water pressure.

Outstanding service from all staff, everyone was very friendly and welcoming.

Ideally located within walking distance to The Rocks, Circular Quay etc.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear AJFELLA,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our well appointed rooms and bathrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Beautiful building in a good location. Room wasn't as nice as I expected for a 5 star hotel as the window was high and it was quite dark. Great big deep bath with amazing water pressure and the nice smelling tolietries compensated. Huge bed but the mattress was soft which might not suit everyone. They did however have a pillow menu

1 Thank GinaNamini
Dear GinaNamini,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our the location and our water pressure was to your satisfaction. I apologize that the room was not to the standard you were looking for, being a heritage building comes with it's limitations which sometimes makes it hard to cater to all requests but perhaps on your next visit to the hotel may I suggest asking reception on check-in if there is a lighter room available and if possible they might be able to accommodate. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Great staff, very helpful & all with smiling faces
Room was immaculate!!!
Great bathroom and toiletries!
Location was super.
Close to trains/bus & easy walking distance to The Rocks, Circular Quay, City Centre
Pricing was great as we got it as a "secret hotel" so saved a big chunk of cash as a result

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AngieMartin-Pham,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that we could be your secret hotel for the evening and enjoyed your overall experience of the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Long weekend away in Sydney, traveling from interstate with my wife.

Most notable thing is the outstanding service from the front door, to the reception staff to the chefs and waiters. Everyone performed with exceptional service. I have not had better service anywhere in Australia.

The concierge was helpful with luggage without any fuss and easy to help with directions around the city. Check in check out was without hitch. There was no caffeine free tea in the room so we requested peppermint tea be sent up to the room, which was done with no hassle. We also left some medication on the breakfast table, and the staff contacted us and sent them up to our room.

We stayed in the deluxe room which are politely sized and adequate. Free wifi is fantastic, as I had to attend to some work whilst I was away.

Location is great. Walking distance to both Sydney harbor and the main shopping areas. Very easy to grab a taxi to airport etc.

Small gripe about the small size and poorly stocked gym. Pool and spa were busy. There were renovations being performed at the hairdresser area near the pool.

Price is probably fair/good value. Would be happy to stay there again.

1 Thank A G
Dear A G,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our deluxe room and free WIFI. I've passed on your comments regarding our GYM which we just have overhauled with some new machines. However we do have complimentary passes available to Fitness First less then 2 mins away from the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Rarotonga, Cook Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I spent 5 nights here for a conference and whilst most of my time was offsite, I found location was good access for town, the Rocks, Circular Quay (easy train connection to Airport - 5 minute walk to Hotel) and good restaurant options nearby. Staff were good and special mention of the Doorman who went out of his way to be helpful without his hand out for compensation. That in itself gave my stay all the positive vibes I need to stay again in future. My room was a Studio Spa Suite - it was large and comfortable. Complimentary Internet with my reservation and that made it a better deal for me also

Room Tip: Spa Studio was comfortable large - no outside noises
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear PoppaHopper,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and passed on your comments regarding our doorman to our Front Office team. We look forward to welcoming you back.