“A lovely weekend in Sydney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

Save Saved
You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #7 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney
“A lovely weekend in Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a lovely weekend stay at the Radisson Blu - we were very surprised about this gem in the heart of sydney. The hotel is well place for walking to Circular Quay and the high street shops. We saw a great live show at the Theatre Royal which was a 5min walk away and had room service on our return to the hotel. The food was delivered quickly, hot and very tasty - there was a good selection on the menu to choose from. We stayed in the Spa Suite and the room was HUGE! the bathroom was well suited for the room but the bath took FOREVER to fill up. Breaskfast was great with eggs, pancakes, etc cooked to order. The staff was very attentive and looked after us really well. We had a cocktail in the bar / sitting area and they were happy to make a cocktail that wasn't in their menu. If I was staying in Sydney again for time away from the kids I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children and can afford the spa suite - it is very spacious and away from...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (283)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent four nights with my family here. As far as my view point is concerned, it was an awesome hotel with all facilities a customer wants to be facilitated with. No doubt it is a high quality hotel with extra ordinary fabulous staff, excellent service and comfortable rooms. The hotel is located at very impressive location. There is an easy way to Circular Quay and Rocks and yes if you want an awesome shopping experience while staying at the hotel then Pitt St Mall is not far away from your stay. On our checking in, the warmly greetings of the front desk staff and the efficiency of the room service staff inspired us greatly. I really enjoyed my stay with my family here. We were having a very nice start of everyday while our 3 days stay at the hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated, very much spacious with big beds and couches. The bathroom was also spacious. The room service menu was consisted of a variety of food items and it was good. The wifi facility is also available but in business class rooms. We are thinking that on our next visit if we would stay in this hotel then would probably select the business class room. Anyhow, our stay there was awesome and i think some improvements must be there in room service dining facility; otherwise the hotel is as far as my opinion is concerned is up to the mark. Would like to rate it 8 out of 10.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend as a special birthday getaway and was not disappointed. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are great and even had a great bath tub to soak in. Even though it is in the city, it was quiet and you could not even here any noise from the city streets. The hotel is in a great location, where you can walk everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
bat54
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent 5 days in this hotel on a business trip.
It was quiet and comfortable, the bathroom had a great deep marble tub, . the room was sunny and the bed and bedding were top notch. The room was spcious, desk good for writing. The concierge helped get me to the right places.--
I'd stay again if I have the pleasure of visiting down under again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Really excellent location but the rooms were a little dated- ugly furniture not very modern but the room was big and spacious. Really wanted slippers in room but none available. Pillow menu a good idea. Staff very nice but need a lesson on how to make cocktails! A good stay where the location was the key

• Stayed March 2013
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Cookvic,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention.

Upon reading your review I was concerned to learn of your comment in regards to the room looking dated. Please be assured I have passed your comments to the Executive Housekeeper to verify the condition of our rooms and ensure they are well maintained and looked after.

Further to this I was concerned to learn that you were disappointed that slippers were not in your room. Please contact the Guest Relations Manager to amend your profile to reflect this preference so that you will not experience this inconvenience on future stays with us. Additionally, I have passed your comments on to our Executive Housekeeper and asked for her to ensure that the compendium in the rooms more prominently lists the amenities available to guests to avoid any confusion as slippers are available to all our guests upon request. I do apologise for any disappointment these matters may have caused you and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney and show you our true five star service.

With best regards,
Peter Tudehope
ptudehope@radisson.com
Livingston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to this hotel in the last twelve months and it continues to offer the similar balance of quality and value. It's location is very good indeed and if one likes to walk to the main attractions of a city then this is a good choice. Rooms are of good quality and always well kept. Staff are generally friendly and helpful, although I have experienced the occasional "bad apple". On balance a good choice.

• Stayed March 2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Wow! I'm so impressed! From the minute I arrived in my card to the moment I left, the service in this hotel was exceptional. From the Valet parking, to check-in, concierge, breakfast - truly amazing that every single staff member was so good. The hotel is centrally located, with a 7 minute walk to Pitt St Mall, and 7 minute walk the opposite direction for Circular Quay and The Rocks area. The room was spacious, clean and very light with the large windows. The bathroom was also great and included a full length mirror. The breakfast was one of the best with a few extras that you don't normally see in other hotels. Keep up the good work Radisson Blu! We'll be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!