“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Newcastle, Australia
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We stayed at this lovely hotel and used a Groupon Voucher we had purchased. This was the first discount voucher I had purchased and was unsure of what to expect but to our surprise we arrived to find we had been upgraded to a suite room. This was a lovely well appointed room with extremely comfortable beds and oh so quiet.. (double glazing apparently throughout the hotel). Our voucher included the buffet breakfast which was amazing and well above that of a lot of other hotels we have stayed in. Overall the service was warm and personal but we must say that the concierge staff were simply outstanding. We were treated warmly and with respect arriving and leaving and added greatly to our new found hotel experience. We will certainly be booking that this hotel again..... Goodbye the Intercontinental and Hello Radisson.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, upgrade to a suite room...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Everyone that I dealt with (from reservations to check-in to house keeping to check out) were lovely. The hotel was very luxurious & walking distance to everything. Enjoyed a pre-dinner drink at Bistro Fax and once again was given outstanding service. Can't wait for my next stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Nenagh, Tipperary, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed in the radisson for 4 nights in January. The location is excellent for circular quay ,the rocks and of course Pitt street The room was a little bit on the small side . We couldn't open the window. Both my husband and I hate air con on all night. I also found the bathroom a little on the small side. However, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful especially tony Bennett who is a real character. We had room only so I can't comment on the breakfast We normally had breakfast either in circular quay or across the road. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Algarvia, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 1 week in January

The hotel is well located for circular quay and the city sights , staff very helpful in all hotel departments

Breakfast is very good well worth booking in your package

Gym and pool good

Would recommend

• Stayed January 2013
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I checked in late and left early the next morning so didn't get chance to try all the facilities, but reception staff were polite and helpful, the room was comfortable and the bed was good. very quiet so got a good nights sleep. I had room service - a salad and the cheese board which was excellent and huge! close to all the sights.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed 3 nights in late december 2012, and the service was so good I came back for another 4 days in January 2013. I stayed in the deluxe rooms on the 11th and 12the floors, on my first visit i was in 1105, and while the room was lovely and the bed very comfortable, the view from the balcony was just of office buildings, on my return visit i requested a better view and was given room 1229, its on the western side, and had a much better outlook, and a small view of the harbour bridge, much better.I was most impressed with the service offered by the concierge staff, these guys were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble, and every request was greeted with a smile. Room service was also outstanding.
The only negatives I have are these...The hotel offers cheaper rates on other sites than it does on its own site, this is annoying, I think if you contact the hotel direct you should be offered the lowest rate available. I booked my first stay 3 months ahead and was supposed to be getting a special rate, but I could have gotten a cheaper rate if i had left it to the last minute. Seconday the prices for the mini bar are far too high, $9 for a beer that costs them less than $2 to buy is ridiculous, and unnecessary....$6 would be much more reasonable, in saying this I didnt use the mini bar at all, just for this reason. Two other small items are the supply of milk and sugar, these seem to be very much on the light side. I will definately stay here again, the location, service and value for money are very good, but I will take my own beer, and book at the last minute.

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on the western side are best.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We found the Radisson Blu hotel to be in an excellent location within walking distance to all of the main attractions. The Stalf were very friendly and helpful, the rooms were very clean and we couldn't have asked for anything better. In conclusion we would stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel again!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!