“A Must Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brisbane, Australia
“A Must Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The staff service here matched the location and hotel facilities. The concierge was one of the most informative and helpful i have encountered on a stay before. First time I could remember every staff made sure they made eye contact and said hello no mater front staff or room cleaners busily doing their job. Such a pleasure to stay would be using this again with no problems at all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Great located hotel a 5 minute walk from the harbour, 5 minutes to the main shopping area, and 15 minutes to Darling Harbour.

The room was modern, spacious and comfortable after a long day seeing Sydney. The bathroom was equally as well kept and high quality.

Service was good. We had some noisy guests holding a party in the next door room that kept us awake until 3am one night. The next morning we mentioned this at reception and asked if those guests were staying the following night they could maybe keep an ear out or politely ask that noise is kept down. Unfortunately we had another party the following evening and nothing appeared to be done by the hotel. This was a bit disappointing as everything else about the hotel was exceptional.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

This place was an unexpected pleasure. I don't stay at too many Radisson Blu's but I am thinking I might have to start. The staff was friendly, a huge plus. The location is off the main fray but within walking distance to trains, the harbor, etc.

The concierge gave me a few ideas for running routes. I went for a run and when I got back the doorman gave me a bottle of water! There was free wifi and the business center was great.

The room was nice, the bathroom modern, quiet and easy to work in. Great for business travel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Would recommend Radisson Blu to anyone, the minute you walk up to the entrance the staff greet you and take your bags and once you enter inside you are again greeted straight away at the check-in area.

staff are all polite and extremely friendly. Rooms are immaculate and well catered for.

will be staying there again in the futre

Room Tip: our room was standard but just enough for the 2 of us.
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel located in the CBD, with less than 10 minutes walk to Circular Quay or darling harbour, so ideal if you don't want to pay the price for a hotel located by the water.
Nice rooms and helpful staff.
Didn't have breakfast at the hotel as lots of cafes nearby for a cheaper breakfast. A few minutes walk from George street where a lot of the shops are and Westfield shopping centre.

• Stayed December 2012
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

We checked in on 1st Dec for a 5 night award stay using Club Carlson points. I booked an Atrium room and at check-in we were given room 430 (Premier room) and told it was a suite. It is not. It's a corner room right at the end of the corridor. The room was fine but the wi-fi wasn't good most of the time. On the last night I spoke with the duty manager who offered a room change to 412. As we were checking out the next morning I declined.

I was happy with my stay, except for one incident at the bar. I arrived back to the hotel one afternoon and went straight to the bar to ask for a glass of ice as I was hot and thirsty. My intention was to take it immediately back to my room and pour myself a refreshing orange juice from my minibar. The barman asked if I was staying in the hotel and I replied that I was indeed. He then asked for my room number and told me it would be delivered. I told him I would prefer to take the ice with me. He replied that he couldn't allow me to due to ''health and säfety"'.

I went back to my room and waited for room service to deliver my glass of ice. 5 mins later and someone knocked on my door with a full bucket of ice. Not what I wanted. A waste of employee time and more ice than I needed for a glass of juice. I was annoyed that I had to wait for room service to deliver what I could have done myself. Actually, room service were excellent during my stay, I have no complaints about room service at all.

I must mention Kelly from Housekeeping. She serviced our room on our last two nights and did more than just clean the room. She placed our toiletries on facecloths in the bathroom neatly and wrote a personal message wishing us a great day on both occasions. Little things like that do get noticed and we appreciated Kelly very much. She does a great job! Well done Kelly!

Room Tip: Avoid room 430
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Located in the heart of Sydney near Circular Quay, the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel provides a perfect stay for a Sydney getaway. My husband and I stayed a night at the hotel and wished we had booked for longer, rather than moving on to Manly. The rooms are fantastically spacious and clean, with all of the facilities and little luxuries that are always a nice surprise when you visit a hotel. The pool and facilities are also well maintained and inviting to use. We had breakfast included in our package and the spread on offer was brilliant. Reasonably priced for Sydney - this hotel is well worth a visit for travellers looking for a little bit of luxury in the hectic city.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple