“A quiet hotel in the CBD” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #10 of 177 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra, Australia
“A quiet hotel in the CBD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed many times in the Sydney CBD and, until now, thought traffic noise was inescapable, even on the highest floors. However, my husband and I stayed at the Radisson Blu on a recent weekend (Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights) and found it is possible to have a good night's sleep in the CBD.
I rang the hotel to book my room so that I could ask for a quiet room. The reservations person was very helpful, recommending a room on the O'Connell St side as that has much less traffic than the Pitt St side. He booked us into a premier room on the 7th floor, advising that all rooms are sound proofed and so it is not necessary to book on the top floors (the deluxe rooms) to get away from noise. On arrival I noticed a tavern with tables on the pavement a few doors away on the other side of O'Connell St. I was a bit worried that would be noisy on Friday night but we did not hear a thing.
The room itself was roomy and comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I liked the way they all greeted us with a big smile and a comment every time we walked into or out of the hotel. We ate one night in the Bistro Fax restaurant. The food was very good. I also used the gym which was well equipped.
Full marks for Radisson Blu. We will be back.

Room Tip: The O'Connell St side is quieter than the Pitt St side as it is away from the through traffic. I...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
Cirencester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Myself, my husband and my 6 month old daughter stayed here on our first stop on a 3 week trip to Australia. The hotel was superb, the staff were welcoming and the rooms were comfortable.

We stayed for 6 nights and our only complaint was that the cot we requested for our daughter was metal and therefore squeaked (as she had jet lag, the squeaking every time she moved woke her up). We didn't complain as we had brought our own pop-up cot - although i believe the staff would have done everything possible to attend to our needs had we done so.

The hotel is in such a central location. Yes, it is in the Business District and is not very touristy, but we walked everywhere with a buggy and it is not far from most attractions/stations/ferries.

I would definitely return to this hotel if i had the choice.

Room Tip: Choose a high floor, further away from the busy streets below.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We recently stayed for 4 nights here. Apart from a little confusion at check-in in regards to only supplying one room when I had booked two rooms, which was quickly sorted out, we loved the stay at this hotel. The room was clean and comfortable with everything needed, the restaurant staff and food were amazing, and all other staff we came across were approachable and helpful and went out of their way to make us feel very welcome. The concierge staff noticed on one day we were exhausted and hot and they gave us a bottle of chilled water each to rehydrate when we got back to the hotel, another day it was raining and they supplied umbrellas for the day. Good location too. Would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to others.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

In last 6 months, I have spent over 40 nights at this hotel and I just love it. The staff is amazing. Very caring about their guests, their dietary plan, their room comforts and always have smile on their faces. The 4 things that always bring me back to this property are:

Best Room Rates/Night
Good Food
Prime Location (Next to George and Pitt Street)
Nice Cafe

I would highly recommend anyone traveling to Sydney to check out this property.

Thanks Guys.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brisbane
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I recently stayed in a Premier Room on the fourth floor for three nights and I cannot recommend this hotel enough! From the moment we approached the hotel with our suitcases we were attended to by the doorman and helpful, friendly staff.
The hotel is gorgeous and the room itself was spacious, beautifully fit out and clean. I accidentally returned to our room when it was being serviced on the second day and had a lovely chat with the representative from housekeeping.
The pool and spa are great and be sure to treat yourself to one of the massages. I had one and it was absolutely blissful!
Location is perfect, short stroll up to Pitt St mall and down to Circular Quay. We went to the opera house for a play on the Friday night and it was a very quick walk back in a totally safe area when the play finished later in the evening.
Wonderful place to stay and I'd like to stay there any time I'm in Sydney.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

We had a wonderful stay here. The staff made the whole experience worthwhile! There were numerous staff members that went out of their way to help us!
Room:
Clean, no view but very comfortable, you are also able to select out of 5 different cushions! They gave us a late checkout as well which helped make our stay even more comfortable!
Facilities: we did not drink here or get massages as it was quite pricey. The pool was a little cold as well.
Location: Fantastic you can walk to everything!!!

In summary this hotel is very clean and comfortable! just what you need after long day in the city!
-Paper delivered daily and bed also made up daily.

Room Tip: We stayed in the premier- if its a special romantic weekend then maybe go the room up. If its just f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Well located in the Sydney CBD.

Easy to access and easy to find. We have never stayed here before but used 'Last Minute' to book.

We stayed 2 nights, Friday and Saturday in Nov 2012. We were greeted warmly by reception member named Fraser. Fraser was a credit to his profession...and credit to upper management to foster such a culture.

Staff: All the staff we met were happy, helpful and enjoyed their work. I chatted with the cleaners and bar staff and others and all were respectful, helpful and happy!!
Room: We selected an Artium Room. Small, but very clean and a great bath tub...so very happy.
Food: Did not eat there.
Drinks: Did not drink there
Internet: Free. Happy about this.
Paper: Delivered free.
Early Check in: Yes
Late Check out: Yes

Overall: 9/10 for this Hotel. Yes, I will return. I would recommend this to others.

Tips: Read below.

Room Tip: Room: Ask for a room on the 11th or 12th Floor. Get a room with a bath if you can. Our room faced We...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple