“Can't think of anything bad about Radisson!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

You added Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 O'Connell St, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Splendid Autumn: 15% off
Ranked #11 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Can't think of anything bad about Radisson!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on our way back from New Zealand.
From the minute we walked in to the time we left we felt at home.
Check in was prompt and friendly.
Room, large bed, very comfortable, large well equipped bathroom.
Importantly, enough space to put down all our luggage!!
Free internet was great too.
This hotel is in an excellent location for anyone visiting Sydney, being minutes walk from Circular Quay and also from Darling Harbour......everything else is very accessible.
Business floor was excellent and the staff in the lounge lovely.
If you are looking for a good hotel in an excellent position that is great value for money(and believe me, everything in Sydney is very expensive due to the exchange rate!) then look no further.
We will certainly return if we are back in Sydney.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

We recently stayed at the Raddison Blu after being transferred from the Sir Stamford hotel due to an erroneous overbooking. We arrived at the hotel around 1am and Oscar who met us at reception was extremely accommodating, he had has checked into our room promptly and his friendly attitude & attentiveness was much appreciated after such a long and exhausting day/night. The room was clean, very spacious and offered free wireless internet. The bathroom was also very clean and a generous size.
The king size bed was extremely comfortable, having a choice of different pillow types is always a nice added extra and offers even greater comfort, we both had an amazing night sleep.
I would definitely stay at this hotel again, I won't waste my time with the Sir Stamford next time though and will just head straight here!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

We found this inner city Hotel an excellent base for shopping in Sydney.

Apart from having to lug my heavy case up several steps into Reception, the attentive staff were ever ready to assist.
The room was beautifully decorated and the disababled facilities I had requested were immaculate and spacious. Thank you.
The hotel does not have view from any window, but the compensation is the comfortable sleep in a very quiet room with quality linen on the bed.
Large flat screen TV kept me happy when I was not out shopping at Pitt Street Mall, just up the road.
I felt secure in that I could lock my room, but the lock was a bit suspect. Housekeeping.

I would recommend this quality hotel to anyone wishing a quiet, serene central base in Sydney.

Room Tip: Ask for a disabled suite.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I booked a secret hotel for one nights stay and was happy to learn that it turned out to be the Radisson. I did not expect a big room but I ended up receiving the Studio Spa suite which was a great size and very comfortable. The marbled bathroom is huge with a separate toilet/powder room and the bed is super comfortable, it's probably one of the best rooms I have ever stayed in and I was disappointed that I only booked one night! Only two things irked me a little bit: my tv did not seem to work after exhausting every button and technique it displayed no channels but luckily I had brought a book with me and also the room service is a little expensive...$25 for a pizza?!. Aside from these two I thoroughly recommend this room and this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

This is my second quick stay at Radison Blu in Sydney. I travel a fair bit for business and this has to be the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at. Lovely building, great location and the staff will bend over backwards to exceed your expectations. The swimming pool is a lap pool so it would not be a place to take the little ones to play, but for someone who actually wants to swim it is great. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Stayed four nights at this lovely 5 star hotel, perfectly located in downtown Sydney a few minutes walk to everywhere. Staff were friendly, room was comfortable and quiet. Good facilities including pool and gym, and nice bar/restaurant. Would recommend a bed and breakfast package deal; I thought the buffet breakfast was very good. Would stay again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

We booked through wotif and secured a very good rate. However, when we checked in, we had been given a disabled room. I could tell straight away from the bench seat and handrail in the extra large shower. I thought the room I booked meant to have a bath. Immediatley I contacted reception and within 5 minutes the concierge moved us another room which was better than I had anticipated. We stayed Thurs through to Sat night and found Friday was a little noisy for some reason. Im not sure where the music was coming from, but other than that I could not fault our stay and would stay here again. We didnt eat here as we had dinner appointments. We had drinks in the bar and the staff were excellent, very attentive.

Room Tip: If you book through wotif and are given a disabled room, ask to be moved.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney? Share your experiences!