“If you're coming to Sydney to see Sydney this is the place to stay!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

You added Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #31 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Townsville, Australia
“If you're coming to Sydney to see Sydney this is the place to stay!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

While this place is not the ‘ritz’ it doesn’t need to be! The rooms are huge – even the standard studio rooms! They also have a balcony. The rooms are well decorated and simple with a great bathroom. We also had family stay in the two bed room, two bathroom, full kitchen suite – they had everything including a second tv. This place is in the perfect location! Step out the door and you’re almost at Darling Harbour and Chinatown. Town hall station is about 3 blocks away so you can come in from the airport with ease (~$15 AUD). The bus to Bondi beach is also about 3 blocks away. Or you can easily walk to Central station and go anywhere! The staff were excellent – we booked 4 rooms and they had not trouble dealing with us all and our needs. The bar staff were great also, they even made allowances for the kids (another place we went yelled at the kids to sit down and be quiet). There is no reason I would not recommend this hotel or stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RadissonSuitesSydney, General Manager at Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Marika V,

Thank you for your review of Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney.

It is great to read that our property was well suited you and your family, particularly the room sizes, balcony and location.

It is also nice to receive feedback regarding excellent staff. I enjoy sharing your comments with the team and seeing the effect of your praise on the staff.

Thank you for your support and I hope we see you again soon.

Grant Middleton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Best location easy walk to most Sydney tourist locations and close to free shuttle for the rocks area if not up to walking there. We stayed with our toe teenage daughters and found the room (and bathroom) big enough for us all, an indoor pool, free wifi and we were all set! The reception staff were all very professional and well presented.

Stayed April 2014
RadissonSuitesSydney, General Manager at Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear Angela D,

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent visit to Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney. It is nice to read that you found your room large and our location well suited to your needs; and I am also glad that the free Wi-Fi and indoor pool contributed to the enjoyment of your stay.

Thank you for making us your hotel of choice for your Sydney trip and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Poor manner Staff Members, poor Hotel Facilities ESPECIALLY HOT WATER!!!

Me and my partner stay at the Radisson Hotel & Suites during ANZAC break (25 April - 27 April) for two night. We were there for my best friend wedding and wanted to have a short break at nice and good location hotel. Our stay at the Radisson was not what we expected from a 4 ½ star hotel; 1) the water was not hot enough (normally I will need to turn on the cold water to make it warm but the cold water was turned off). Half way through the shower the warm water (or what they call hot water) ran out. My partner was in the middle of his shower with shampoo on this hair. We called reception about the situation and was told that they have a SMALL cylinder per room and takes 15 MINUTES for the hot water to come back again. We were not happy with the answer we got. But my partner had to take a COLD shower to get the shampoo off without HOT WATER and there is no way he can wait for 15 minutes until the HOT WATER (it was a cold and wet day during our stay) and because of this, we were late for my friend’s wedding. When we got back to the hotel, we went over to reception and inform them once again and ask to speak to the manager. 2)The manager on duty on that day was very rude when we told him about the hot water situation. His reply was “ we only have a small cylinder for each room and if you took a 15 minute shower, it will take 15 minutes for the hot water to reheats again and he also said there was nothing he can do about it.” he look very annoyed but unwilling offer to get one of the guys to come up to our room to have a look. 3) When we return back to our room, our room was not cleaned (we left in the morning and got back late afternoon). I was very angry and rang reception and he rudely reply me that housekeeping don’t finish till 4.30 pm and that if we want our room clean, we should notify reception when we left and can get housekeeping up now to clean it. I was very angry with his reply and the way he talked to me. The maintenance guy came and had a look at the hot water cylinder and found out the hot water was not hot enough, this made me and my partner even more angry. I went down to reception with the maintenance guy demanding for a good explanation. He look very annoyed with me and even rise his voice at me (I told him “please don’t rise your voice at me and I don’t like your attitude towards me). The maintenance guy he offered me a upgrade, breakfast and late check out (I was still not please with this because he still didn't change his attitude towards me). I never thought a 4 ½ star hotel have LIMITED HOT WATER per room. Even with a upgrade the hot water was still not enough for two people. 4) I paid over NZD $2XX per night, what I got in return was very very bad customer service from the duty manager (even after I demand to talk to someone in a higher position than him). And 5) LIMITED HOT WATER (because they have a small cylinder for hot water, first time I heard that coming from a 4 ½ star hotel sorry I meant “FROM A HOTEL). In the end my partner got sick when we return back NZ. What a waste of money to have this kind of service and bad staff attitude towards customer. Never going back!!!! What kind of hotel have limited hot waters for Customers!!!

Room Tip: Ask them if they have HOT WATER they have per room
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rosypin,

Thank you for providing feedback on you recent stay at Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney.

I was disappointed to read that you encountered some issues during your stay which do not reflect the high standard we pride ourselves on.

I would be happy to discuss your concerns in further detail should you wish to contact me at the hotel.

Thank you again for your time and with assisting us to ensure we continually improve our guests’ experience.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

We recently had the pleasure of spending 7 nights at the Radisson - spacious, sparkling clean - it was a joy to come in at the end of the day to a beautifully serviced room - with added extras like balcony, seated vanity in bathroom and functional kitchen. But what really sold us was the service - nothing was too much trouble. One day we came in asking about the where abouts of the Krispy Kreme shop. Explaining that the shops had shut down and that the donuts were now sold in the convenience stores, they explained where the nearest store was. We went up to our room and minutes later the phone rang - it was Dominque explaining that he had just been down to the convenience store and that they indeed had Krispy Kreme and quite a selection. Now that's above and beyond. Well done Radisson. We loved our stay. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Our balcony over-looking the street was interesting and sunny.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
RadissonSuitesSydney, General Manager at Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Kapaikapai,

Thank you for your positive words regarding your time at Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney.

I was happy to read that you enjoyed your balcony, and even more so to learn of your experience with the level of service we pride ourselves on.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I hope we see you again soon.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

After weeks of web search for a family room in Sydney CBD for 1 week, 2 adults and 3 kids, we decided on this. Great location and less than 5 Mins walk to George st shops, Chinatown, Darling Hbr. We got room 815, which is huge: 2 bedrooms, living room, dinning room, full kitchen, 2 bathroom and a balcony. The indoor heated swimming pool With jacuzzi and sauna Was a blessing. Biggest downside is cost esp with the Easter Weekend. Special mention for the friendly front desk staff: Sara and Helena (Thanks).

RadissonSuitesSydney, General Manager at Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear mempaul,

Thank you for sharing your experience at Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney.

I was thrilled to read your commendations for the friendly staff and also your comments regarding the room size and facilities.

I hope we are able to welcome you and your family back on your next trip to Sydney.

Bathurst, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Well priced, and very convenient for dining, shopping, sight seeing. The Staff were helpful and efficient. Our Queensize room was clean, comfortable and very quiet, no elevator noises or slamming of doors from adjacent rooms. Air-con was very responsive. Loved the bathroom with the extra vanity with large fold-out mirror (for seeing the back of your hair when styling). Towels were larger than normal and soft. Décor could do with updating, but overall good value for money.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Radisson Hotel and Suites Sydney.

I was pleased to read you felt our property was good value for money and found the facilities suited your needs.

I hope we see you again on your next trip to Sydney.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

We booked on a fabulous deal and have nothing but praise for the size of the room, location of the hotel and the customer service. But I understand some of the mixed reviews as the hotel does need an update and the breakfast buffet was ordinary. If I was being honest I would say it was between a 3 and 4 star. If you paid a 5 star price, of course you would be disappointed. But if you can get it on a reasonable rate you should be extremely satisfied. You can walk to most attractions easily (i.e. less than 10 minutes) including darling harbour, chinatown, QV building. If you have young kids the playground at darling harbour was awesome. Tip: if you walk to George St you can catch a free city bus 555.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
RadissonSuitesSydney, General Manager at Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear familyfuninsun,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Radisson Hotel & Suites Sydney - I was delighted to read your praise for our location, the room size and customer service.

Please rest assured that I have shared your comments regarding buffet breakfast with my food & beverage manager to ensure we continue to improve our quality and also provide good value for money.

I hope we can welcome you back when you are next in Sydney.

Grant Middleton

Been to Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!