“Pleasant weekend in Sydney” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

You added Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Splendid Autumn: 15% off
Ranked #33 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasant weekend in Sydney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife & I celebrated our 50th wedding anniversary last weekend and the family shouted us tickets to War Horse (fantastic) and accommodation at the Radisson in Liverpool Street.

We arrived at 11:00am,room was available and the welcome,valet parking and service from front of house was first class,the room was large and comfortable with double glazing to keep out the noise from the the street.

After the show we returned to hotel and enjoyed a lovely meal in the hotels' restaurant and the welcoming service from Adam topped off a lovely evening. Breakfast next morning was very enjoyable except that the food could have been hot and not warm.

After spending the rest of the day playing tourist we returned to hotel, waited 5 minutes for our car to be delivered from the garage and off we went.

Would recommend this hotel for anybody wishing to stay in the city after seeing a show at The Star or Entertainment Centre as the surrounding streets are full of food outlets from the Golden Arches to five star restaurants.

Unfortunately we did not have time to make use of the gym or pool areas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Auckland, NZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice hotel? Slightly ages, but comfortable. Service was always very friendly. We had a one bedroom suite, it was a good size and had enough amenities for our stay. A top tip, if you are offered suite 218, ask for a different one. 218 had an outside courtyard. On the first morning we woke to vomit splattered all over the courtyard and down the wall. On the second morning cigarette butts, shampoo bottles, Pringles tubes and general rubbish. This is no reflection on the hotel, just the type of guests who stay there.

• Stayed April 2013
Moss Vale NSW Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Radisson manly because of the close vicinity to the Entertainment Centre, but after staying there we both agreed that when in Sydney again the Radisson will be our first choice. Niel (hope I spelt his name right) at reception who checked us in was quick and very informative of the facilities of the Hotel, he was also there to check us out on the sunday. We had a twin queen bed with a balcony and we were surprised by the large size of the room. Beds great to sleep on, hot plenty of it and great pressure. This will now be my first port of call when staying in Sydney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
San Rafael, California
1,189 helpful votes 1,189 helpful votes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed in this hotel based on reviews of other travelers. I was very pleased with the accomodations.

While the hotel and rooms were rather plain, and not luxurious, the room that we stayed in was huge. We booked a 2 room suite, and it included a full kitchen and large living area.

I'll break it down into The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

The Good

The location was excellent. We were able to walk a few blocks to Darling Harbor. My kids loved Darling Harbor. There was a huge impressive playground, and it was kept immaculate. There were plenty of restaurants, and a bakery that made the best iced mocha I have ever had in my life! Watch out Starbucks.

We were lucky to enjoy warm weather and the kids met other children from all over the place, Austrailia and other countries.

There were plenty of other fun things at Darling Harbor, and I'll do a seperate review of that at some point.

The hotel was well staffed, the conceirges, the check-in staff, bell men, waitresses at the restaurant, and housekeeping staff were all ecxellent.

The restaurant on site had a decent breakfast buffet, and the staff was amazingly freindly and kind to our children that were less than perfect rushing about gathering items from the buffet, laughing widly as they "made" eachother try the Vegemite.

The Bad

The rooms were a bit worn out, but considering the price that we paid for a 2 bedroom suite, I still thought it was an absolutely excellent value. That being said, it was still kept clean. Kudos to the cleaning department.

The Ugly

We had to close the curtains because our suite had windows overlooking what I believe was an apartment building. After taking a quick look at the eye sore below, I asked the family to keep the curtains drawn at all times. I believe there was an abandoned looking tennis court, and random odd garbage strewn about. Bummer that was there, and I suppose that was mostly out of Radisson's hands. Although if I owned or managed the hotel, I would ask and even pay to have my neighbor clean up their space, as that was very detracting from the hotel, and I'm sure many clients would not differentiate the two.

All in all I would recommend this hotel for families, especially larger families with children. It worked nicely for us and we were happy not to spend tons of money on a suite, when we were spending all our days and nights exploring all that Sydney and the surrounding area had to offer.

We had a wonderful time. Thouroughly enjoyed our stay down under, the Aussies were such gracious hosts to our brood and can't wait to make the trek back.

That's it.

If this review was helpful, please check the little button that says so. It just makes me feel good knowing that all this typing is worth it.

And check out my other reviews, tons in Hawaii.

We stayed in New Zealand as well, on this extended jaunt over Thanksgiving week vacation for our kids, and I will reivew a hotel in Aukland that we stayed at soon too.

Room Tip: If you are looking for luxurious, look else where, but if you are looking for spacious and value you...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Colombo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Nice hotel located in the heart of the cbd and close to all the points of interest. Right next to china town etc, and a short taxi ride from the opera house. Check in was a breeze and the room was large with a kitchenette etc. We had only one issue, and that was that the room door was not child proof. My son who is 5 sleep walked for the first time, he opened the door (though it was locked it can be opened in one motion from the inside) and walked into the hallway in the middle of the night. We only woke to the sound of the door banging shut. Was quite scary to find him still asleep down the hall... I understand that this (his sleep walking) is not the hotels fault, but a simple old fashioned chain/bolt would have solved this problem.

Other than that, the hotel is great!

• Stayed April 2013
Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Checked in at 8am, room was ready early by 11am. The front desk staff was very accommodating. Room was nice, water pressure in shower was excellent. We had an issue with people in upper floors throwing garbage on our balcony, and the staff took care of it right away. Bed is comfortable, good size room, all the appliances worked without a problem. Recommend this hotel if you are looking for a central location in the heart of Sydney.

Room Tip: A higher floor is optimal.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mudgee, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We stayed 2 nights over the Easter weekend & we would NEVER stay there again. After going around the block for 1/2 hr. we finally got a parking spot so we could get valet parking. Our accommodation was paid before hand but when we arrived we were informed we would be charged an extra $60 because my daughter was 13,we were not informed this in anyway before hand & I had listed my children's ages when booking & paying for room, we also did not have any extra bedding then what we had paid for. When we went to bed the first night, we discovered there were dirty sheets on one of the beds, after ringing reception it took an hour before getting replacement sheets. The television lost sound ,we rang reception & after an hour of waiting we went out.The second night we received the wrong dinner room service. We paid our room service & parking fee on credit card,which I discovered a few days later they had charged us twice for the same amount & had to go to bank to put a stop to second charge. This is rated a 4.5 star hotel,but with our stay I would not rate it 2 stars.very disappointing!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!