“Good location-moderate value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

Save Saved
You added Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Up to 30% off
Ranked #43 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Vancouver
“Good location-moderate value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

This is a 3+ star property located very close to Darling Harbour.
The rooms are fairly quiet.
Internet is adequate and free.
The rooms are well appointed and clean.
The location gives good access to many of the tourist sites in Sydney such as the mentioned harbour, the Rocks, Hyde Park, etc.

The staff are very pleasant and helpful.

Do book the bed and breakfast as the buffet is quite good and it is cheaper than the a la carte menu.

*Taxi from the airport should be no more than Aus $50-60.00. Do not let them take the long route and attempt to charge you more as one driver attempted with us...

Room Tip: All the same. The property is surounded by highrises therefore no views are available. I do not th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

544 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

The hotel delivers everything it promises...convenient location, comfortable beds, spacious rooms, delicious menu, quiet ambiance with a bustling city just down the stairs. The staff needs a special mention for being among the best I have come across in Australia so far. Pleasant and mindful of our needs without being overtly courteous and formal which was great.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My husband and I and our teenage daughter recently stayed here over the New Year period in a one bedroom business suite. The apartment was spacious and clean large living area with big screen TV and a large work desk with erganomic chair, separate well equipped kitchen with Nespresso machine and pod selection, walk in robe, Large bedroom with another large flat screen and VERY comfortable King bed. TV and a balcony with a small table and 2 chairs. We were on the second floor and had no problem with street noise and were able to sleep in because of great block out curtains. Our daughter had a rollaway in the lounge room which was of a much better standard than any roll away we have had before, as comfortable as a single bed. We used the valet parking which was $35.00 per day, you just need to give around 15 mins notice when you need your car. The staff were all happy, helpful and polite. The location is fantastic walk to everything, China town, QVB, Darling Harbour restaurants.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Business Class suites are bigger than the standard 1 bedroom suite.
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed here for two nights 22 and 23 Dec 2012. What a lovely place to stay. We had a two bed apartment no view. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The hotel it self is pretty quiet (for a city hotel) Our family of 5 fitted in perfectly with room to spare. It is so close to Darling Harb and China town and Paddy's markets. An easy walk to George st and Pitts Mall.
The staff are lovely and really treat you like a friend rather than just another guest! Will happily stay again!

St.Paul Mn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here over the Christmas holiday.I will gladly echo every good thing that past reviewers have said about the hotel. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful.(I wish I got names but I didn't).The room was clean,quiet,comfortable and had one of the largest flat screen t.v.'s that I have ever seen in a Hotel.Here's what I really liked.The shower.The shower had an endless amount of super hot water and incredible water pressure.I'am not one to spend along time in a shower but this one was hard to leave.Other people have also mentioned the free internet. I agree. The service is free and super fast.I have stayed at other higher tiered Hotel's that charge for the service so I applaud the Radisson for not money grabbing.
So, here's the one complaint that I have about the hotel and quite honestly it's not even
something that is within their control.The view from #517 is so deplorable that is not even worth opening the curtains.The room overlooks the courtyard of what appears to be some type of tenement or low rent apartment building. They're is a broken down tennis court that has obviously long outlived it's life. The artificial turf surface of the courtyard is covered in moss. They're are items of clothing strewn about, torn and broken furniture on adjacent apt.patios.....I could go on.
I brought this up to the front person and her immediate response told me that they get this complaint a lot. She simply pointed out that the courtyard rooms are much quieter than the street side and afford a better nights sleep.Ok. I suppose.I usually travel with a good set of ear plugs so street noise is not a factor for me.In a perfect world, Radisson would either bring some pressure to bear on the owner of this apartment to clean house, or just buy it and turn it into part of the Hotel.In any case I would avoid any rooms that end in 10 thru 17.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here for a few days to celebrate a family wedding in Sydney. The staff were great and fulfilled a range of requests without delay and without having to ask twice - these range from borrowing an umbrella (which I then lost and they took a relaxed approach), getting a vase, emptying the minibar, extending checkout etc. The location, on the border of the shopping, darling harbour and chinatown areas, is great, and even the map they give you is one that shows free things to do in town. Internet was provided with a code, which is yet another perk of the place.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent 5 nights here and it was one of the best parts of my stay. I picked it because it was near attractions like Darling Harbour, Market City and Chinatown yet the actual walking distance was even shorter than I expected. It was walkable right up to Central Station. Its proximity (3 mins walk) to World Square for amenities like Coles supermarket and dining establishments made it even more convenient. Other highly-recommended TripAdvisor eateries are merely 1-2 streets away. It was right in the centre of my itinerary!
I got a huge room for 2 that was extremely comfortable - couldn't find anything to fault with - nothing was old or needed replacement. The staff were very obliging and friendly, and the room service meal was prompt and delicious. The highlight of the room was a spacious kitchenette with utensils provided (upon request) that allowed us to cook a simple meal right in the comfort of our room. If that wasn't good enough, how about absolutely free WiFi and LAN?
I was extremely grateful to be given a room that faced away from Liverpool Street as the pub-goers downstairs got rowdy especially on weekend nights. Lastly, an unexpected and heartwarming surprise - we could see the fireworks at Darling Harbour on Saturday night, right from the comfort of our very own balcony.
Thank you Radisson for making my trip a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Request a room where your balcony faces away from Liverpool Street - the pubs get noisy at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!