“Great Property.Cheers to the staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

You added Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #31 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
St.Paul Mn
“Great Property.Cheers to the staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed here over the Christmas holiday.I will gladly echo every good thing that past reviewers have said about the hotel. The staff is beyond friendly and helpful.(I wish I got names but I didn't).The room was clean,quiet,comfortable and had one of the largest flat screen t.v.'s that I have ever seen in a Hotel.Here's what I really liked.The shower.The shower had an endless amount of super hot water and incredible water pressure.I'am not one to spend along time in a shower but this one was hard to leave.Other people have also mentioned the free internet. I agree. The service is free and super fast.I have stayed at other higher tiered Hotel's that charge for the service so I applaud the Radisson for not money grabbing.
So, here's the one complaint that I have about the hotel and quite honestly it's not even
something that is within their control.The view from #517 is so deplorable that is not even worth opening the curtains.The room overlooks the courtyard of what appears to be some type of tenement or low rent apartment building. They're is a broken down tennis court that has obviously long outlived it's life. The artificial turf surface of the courtyard is covered in moss. They're are items of clothing strewn about, torn and broken furniture on adjacent apt.patios.....I could go on.
I brought this up to the front person and her immediate response told me that they get this complaint a lot. She simply pointed out that the courtyard rooms are much quieter than the street side and afford a better nights sleep.Ok. I suppose.I usually travel with a good set of ear plugs so street noise is not a factor for me.In a perfect world, Radisson would either bring some pressure to bear on the owner of this apartment to clean house, or just buy it and turn it into part of the Hotel.In any case I would avoid any rooms that end in 10 thru 17.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

We stayed here for a few days to celebrate a family wedding in Sydney. The staff were great and fulfilled a range of requests without delay and without having to ask twice - these range from borrowing an umbrella (which I then lost and they took a relaxed approach), getting a vase, emptying the minibar, extending checkout etc. The location, on the border of the shopping, darling harbour and chinatown areas, is great, and even the map they give you is one that shows free things to do in town. Internet was provided with a code, which is yet another perk of the place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I spent 5 nights here and it was one of the best parts of my stay. I picked it because it was near attractions like Darling Harbour, Market City and Chinatown yet the actual walking distance was even shorter than I expected. It was walkable right up to Central Station. Its proximity (3 mins walk) to World Square for amenities like Coles supermarket and dining establishments made it even more convenient. Other highly-recommended TripAdvisor eateries are merely 1-2 streets away. It was right in the centre of my itinerary!
I got a huge room for 2 that was extremely comfortable - couldn't find anything to fault with - nothing was old or needed replacement. The staff were very obliging and friendly, and the room service meal was prompt and delicious. The highlight of the room was a spacious kitchenette with utensils provided (upon request) that allowed us to cook a simple meal right in the comfort of our room. If that wasn't good enough, how about absolutely free WiFi and LAN?
I was extremely grateful to be given a room that faced away from Liverpool Street as the pub-goers downstairs got rowdy especially on weekend nights. Lastly, an unexpected and heartwarming surprise - we could see the fireworks at Darling Harbour on Saturday night, right from the comfort of our very own balcony.
Thank you Radisson for making my trip a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Request a room where your balcony faces away from Liverpool Street - the pubs get noisy at night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Central Sydney hotels are expensive but deals can be had at the Radisson. I had a room with two queen beds overlooking a side street. The room was clean, well furnished and quite spacious. It was well lit and quiet. You could hear the monorail if you tried, but it was pretty well muffled. The bathroom was well equipped although the bath was a rather odd square shape that would not have let you lie back. I chose the shower. The location is great - walkable to the CBD and handy for restaurants in Pitt Street.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor and a side or back room to avoid noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Situated centrally, within about half hour walking distance of Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House but buses and taxis nearby if needed. Comfortable large room with access to basic cooking equipment if requested; staff consistently very friendly and helpful - we were very grateful for an extension to the usual checking out time (10am) on our last day, and no charge was made for this. We avoided hotel breakfast as it was extremely expensive, especially with the current strong Austalian dollar. However, there was a reasonably priced purveyor of muffins, pastries and excellent coffee less than a minute's walk from the hotel. Would stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I have to say that my very first impression was not great. My room had a noisy air condtioner unit and at breakfast the next morning I was presented with the bill before I ate. I flagged this up with the manager and both were rectified immediately. For the rest of stay my whole party commented on just how friendly and helpful the staff were. Every person in the hotel we came across smiled and said hello. We were offered recommendations on everything from where to eat to events and even special cocktails in the bar. Now, the bar staff - they were fabulous.
The hotel itself is well appointed, comfy beds and nice sized rooms. The decor is a little dated but by no means shabby and it is very clean.
Location is great for a bit of shopping and city sightseeing. There is mo view being in the middle of the city, so do expect one.
Free wifi is a great touch.
I would have no issues in going back to this friendly and welcoming hotel.

• Stayed November 2012
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here on a resent visit to Sydney and can honestly say it was a most pleasant and memorable stay made all the better by the hotels friendly and helpful staff. At checkin I was greeted with a warm "welcome to the Radisson" before being checked in quickly and without fuss. From then on whenever I saw a staff member - house keeping, reception, restuarant staff etc etc - I was greeted with a genuine warm welcome and always with good eye contact. They are all obviously a very happy team.

My room was of a good size, clean and comfortable with all the amenities you'd expect of a hotel of this class. Certainly value for money.

The location has been talked about before but to reiterate it's on the edge of China Town and surrounded by a huge range of cafes, restaurants and bars of all descriptions as well as being handy to supermarkets, pharmacies etc. The hotels a also pleasant ten minute walk from attractions like Paddy's Market, Darling Harbour and the major retail hub of Sydney.

Would I stay here again; most definitely.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!