“Comfy, spacious and good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

You added Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Splendid Autumn: 15% off
Ranked #34 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Comfy, spacious and good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

I stayed at this Radisson back in September when I went up to Sydney for IMATS. This was a perfect location as it was only a 5 minute walk to the Convention Centre. Although it wasn't right in the city centre - I found it easy to get around. Darling Harbour is an easy stroll as well as QVB. Otherwise the monorail will take you there.

The room we had was very spacy, which is great considering I had to share with four other girls. Even the bathroom had generous space and mirrors, again a plus for a room full of girls. We were on the lower floors which got a little noisy but wasn't too bothersome.

Thank god they had umbrellas for guest because it was pouring the weekend I was there. Overall a great place for a weekend away or even longer - the beds were comfy. Good service and pretty easy to get around unless you're super lazy or want spectacular views of the harbour.

Room Tip: Request for a higher level floor to avoid street noise on weekends
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2011

We had a lovely stay at this Radisson for the two nights that we were in Sydney. It's not the very best location for site-seeing around the harbor, but it's still just a 5-minute walk to Darling Harbor and about a 15-minute walk to Sydney Harbor, the Opera House, etc. The price for this hotel was considerably lower than something closer to the Sydney Harbor area though, so it was worth the walk to us.

The room was very large, clean, and modern. We especially appreciated the free broadband internet, as it seems like it's hard to find free connections in nicer hotels.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Right from the get go, the staff were so welcoming and helpful. We arrived at 9am after a flight but after a wait of just a couple of hours, we were in a room and had also been given breakfast which when checking out we found was scrubbed from our bill to compensate for waiting that two hours! The room was huge and although not the most up to date, clean and well appointed. All the little details were fab from free wifi and internet in the room to the bathroom supplies. The bathroom had a dressing table with a magnifying mirror. Well thought out. Lots of drawers to put things in. The only draw back was this hotel does not have great views and can be quite noisy from street noise.
However, we were delighted with the proximity to Darling Harbour. It is also a short walk a main shopping street from which you can get buses to the Central Quays and Bondi beach. China town and Paddy's market are also a walk away.
The gym was small but inexplicably had no air conditioning but the equipment is well thought out for the space. My partner tried the pool and found it was the only downfall - the changing room was disgusting and needed updating badly.
However on the whole, if you have ever heard the saying, 'God is in the details' this is a hotel that achieves that and it made our stay in Sydney extra special.

Room Tip: Go higher up to avoid the noise on the street
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Wappingers Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

This was the first hotel I stayed in in Sydney. It was easy to get to everything I wanted to on foot although just around the corner was the Hop On Hop Off Bus. I would stay here again if I return to Sydney which I LOVED. Room was always clean, I felt safe and the staff was very helpful. I was with a group of people and when we left the staff made sure we all got taxi's (we needed several.) They had even held our luggage for us while we did last minute shopping.

Room Tip: My room was up a few flights but on the street side. I was at eye level with the monorail but it wa...
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We chose the Radisson because it was very close to the Sydney Entertainment Centre where we were attending a concert. The hotel was very nice-staff were friendly and helpful and the hotel is well located for Darling Harbour.
Our studio suite was very large and comfortably accommodated a family of four with two queen beds and a spacious , well appointed bathroom.
There was also a nice big wardrobe, a large flatscreen TV on the wall , plus a kitchenette, sink and minibar. We also had a small balcony and a table and armchair, so the room really was very comfortable and spacious.
Internet was free but required a cable, not wifi so our Ipad would only connect in the bar and restaurant area where they had free wifi.
The breakfast buffet was included in our rate and offered a good selection of dishes, however there are cheaper options nearby as it is quite expensive otherwise.
The hotel is in the heart of Chinatown and is also very close to Cockle Bay/ Darling Harbour so there are many choices nearby for dinner etc, although the hotel has a pleasant little brasserie also.
To be honest I prefer to stay in the Circular Quay area, but if I have to be in Darling Harbour this is where I would stay as it is a very nice hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just returned home from my first trip to Australia. The flight was very long, and I was exausted on arrival in Sydney. I arrived at the hotel at 8:30 am, and to my suprise my room was ready. I stayed on the 3rd floor room 316, which was very convient to the business center. I was unaware of the free in room wired internet access until I arrived, but that was ok since I had free unlimited access to the business center which was just down the hall. My room was clean, the bathroom was beautiful, and the bed was comfortable. I slept well, the room was quiet. The stove and refrigerator were a plus for having meals in the room. Everything was a short walk from the hotel. Darling Harbor was 2 blocks away, George St. a 5 minute walk, China town a 10 to 15 minute walk. Circular Quay was a 30 minute walk, the Sydney Tower a 20 minute walk. Tour bus, the train station, public transportation, the monorail, all a very short walk from the hotel. There were many reasonably priced restaurants and snack shops within minutes of the hotel. I had no need to rent a vehicle. The hotel staff was excellent. I was greeted each morning by name, that made me feel special. Every staff person that I encountered was pleasant and polite. The front desk staff Kristen, Dominick, and Gary were so kind and patient in assisting me with my needs. Everything about this hotel is A+, and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

The Radisson was great and a very good value for the price. The location worked out well for us, we were about 2 blocks from Town Hall train Station in 1 direction and 2 blocks from Darling Harbor the other direction. We were also right off George St. which is a main road so there was plenty to do and see in the area. It was easy to hop on a bus or train to get to the Circular Quay area or it was about a 15-20 min walk.
It was CLEAN which is very important to me and the bathroom was great, I loved the stool/vanity area and magnifying mirror...great for getting ready. It was also nice that we had a kitchen area if we wanted to eat in or keep snacks around.
One complaint I saw often when viewing was that it is noisy. We did not experience this at all. We were on the 2nd floor and had no view...except of buildings around us. This was a good thing because we weren't by the street so it was VERY QUIET.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 7 am after traveling from the States so we were hoping they'd have a room ready even though it was very early. They didn't have one available yet but offered us the pool showers which worked out great. And of course once we showered there, they had a room ready and came and got us. My husband also forgot his wedding ring after we checked out and when we went back several hours later, housekeeping had it for us.
We were very happy that they had free wireless...very rare to find in Sydney. However, we could only use it in the lobby...it would have been nice to be able to use it in our room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!