“St Louis Mo, Wonderful Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney

You added Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   72 Liverpool Street, Darling Harbour, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Splendid Autumn: 15% off
Ranked #34 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“St Louis Mo, Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just returned home from my first trip to Australia. The flight was very long, and I was exausted on arrival in Sydney. I arrived at the hotel at 8:30 am, and to my suprise my room was ready. I stayed on the 3rd floor room 316, which was very convient to the business center. I was unaware of the free in room wired internet access until I arrived, but that was ok since I had free unlimited access to the business center which was just down the hall. My room was clean, the bathroom was beautiful, and the bed was comfortable. I slept well, the room was quiet. The stove and refrigerator were a plus for having meals in the room. Everything was a short walk from the hotel. Darling Harbor was 2 blocks away, George St. a 5 minute walk, China town a 10 to 15 minute walk. Circular Quay was a 30 minute walk, the Sydney Tower a 20 minute walk. Tour bus, the train station, public transportation, the monorail, all a very short walk from the hotel. There were many reasonably priced restaurants and snack shops within minutes of the hotel. I had no need to rent a vehicle. The hotel staff was excellent. I was greeted each morning by name, that made me feel special. Every staff person that I encountered was pleasant and polite. The front desk staff Kristen, Dominick, and Gary were so kind and patient in assisting me with my needs. Everything about this hotel is A+, and I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

The Radisson was great and a very good value for the price. The location worked out well for us, we were about 2 blocks from Town Hall train Station in 1 direction and 2 blocks from Darling Harbor the other direction. We were also right off George St. which is a main road so there was plenty to do and see in the area. It was easy to hop on a bus or train to get to the Circular Quay area or it was about a 15-20 min walk.
It was CLEAN which is very important to me and the bathroom was great, I loved the stool/vanity area and magnifying mirror...great for getting ready. It was also nice that we had a kitchen area if we wanted to eat in or keep snacks around.
One complaint I saw often when viewing was that it is noisy. We did not experience this at all. We were on the 2nd floor and had no view...except of buildings around us. This was a good thing because we weren't by the street so it was VERY QUIET.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. We arrived at 7 am after traveling from the States so we were hoping they'd have a room ready even though it was very early. They didn't have one available yet but offered us the pool showers which worked out great. And of course once we showered there, they had a room ready and came and got us. My husband also forgot his wedding ring after we checked out and when we went back several hours later, housekeeping had it for us.
We were very happy that they had free wireless...very rare to find in Sydney. However, we could only use it in the lobby...it would have been nice to be able to use it in our room.

Wollongong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We were booked in to see a show in the city and this hotel is very well placed for an easy walk to and from the theatre. The staff here were very friendly and helpful and always greeting us with a smile. We made use of the great indoor heated pool and enjoyed a drink at the bar. The room was large, well appointed and had a lovely bathroom. We were only in a standard room so I imagine other rooms are even better. I would definitely stay here again.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

We, after a horrible experience in trying to cancel a booking with the hotel, the FOM had arranged for us to stay 2 nights at half price, which was appreciated! We checked in on the friday and enjoyed the valet parking. Checkin didn't involve being told what our room included, which was slightly annoying as we were unsure whether breakfast was included.
We headed up to room 712 after trying to work out how to use the lift (swipe card, then hit button). We found our room and were happy with the size. We have been upgraded to a kIng suite, and to be honest, it wasn't as great as I had expected. First thing I noticed was no microwave. Second, was that the bed was two king singles bound together with linen - and they were different mattresses- so one was an inch higher than the the other :-/
There was two vanities- one with a sink and one with lit mirror.
The bath was only half size, which was frustrating.

The room was well worn, and very old. It had no air of luxury or wow. We did have cable Tv, but only a movie remote so no info was available and you had to flick through every channel to get to a particular one.

Breakfast was ok- very cramped. But all the usuals were included- but often they were not refilled.

Overall, even at the half price rate, the hotel was rather average. The location was great if your heading into darling harbour, but it was far from QVB and train stations- which was frustrating as it was a half hour wait for the car.

I wouldn't stay here again, not for the price ($190 upwards) and was overall rather disappointed compared to the hotels we usually stay in in the same area.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to best room in house and it was still average.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

Located within 5 minutes from Darling Harbour/Cockle Bay Just a 5 min walk to bus stop in George Street andb a10 min ride to Circular Qauy/Opera House/Harbour bridge The room was extremly comfortable and provided everything we needed. Reception staff were really good particuarlly Tara who was extremly helpfull and used my name which is rare in large hotels but makes you feel welcome. She also found time to chat to us as we waited for our bus to the airport. A very smiley girl and a delight to have on your staff. I'd hire her!!! One thing I'd recommend try to eat in the Restaurant. The food was excellent and the offer of dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine for $58 great value for money. Its a pity they do not advertise it well as we only stumbled on it by chance on our last night Also free Internet access which was a real bonus. We have stayed at similar hotels were they charge $10 for 1 hour which I think is a rip off. Nice to stay at a hotel that provides this service as part of the package

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Koh Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

Short walk to the Chinese garden and Conference center.
Or on to george street for shopping.
Large rooms with kitchenette,mwave etc perfect for re heating the plethora of takeaway foods available outside your door.
Very good buffett breakfast.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Gold Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

We booked the Radisson Hotel and Suites for a weekender and the staff, location and facilities exceeded and pleased our expectations.
Reception staff are some of the best we have encountered - they were friendly and very helpful with giving directions and public transport options (even the bus numbers for various destinations - most outstanding!)
The position is good - the Chinese Gardens and Darling Harbour are a street to cross away from the hotel. Close proximity to Chinatown (without being too much in there) provided many delicious dining options and interesting walks.
The hotel also has a beautiful indoor heated pool and spa which we made the most of. We are frequent travellers to Sydney and we will choose the Radisson Hotel and Suites next time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Hotel And Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!