“Above and beyond!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quay West Suites Sydney

You added Quay West Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Quay West Suites Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   98 Gloucester St | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #15 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Adelaide, Australia
“Above and beyond!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I cannot express my thanks enough with what the staff did to make my 50th birthday holiday special. I had been told we had an early check in which was great as we flew in early. Once there they upgraded us to the Penthouse with such breath taking views of the harbour. The suite was just amazing, I felt very lucky!
Half an hour after we checked in they sent up bubbly with chocolate covered strawberries, yum... On my birthday we were given a plate with a selection of delicious cakes. Every staff member we encountered just could not do enough for us. We were also given a later chec out time to allow us to enjoy our stay longer.
I would highly recommend this as a place to stay if you want to see Sydney Harbour in all it's glory. If I could give it more stars I would. You should be proud of the staff you have employed, they are exceptional people!!!

Room Tip: I mentioned my celebration when I first booked then when I called 2 weeks prior to confirm they rais...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hagen W, General Manager at Quay West Suites Sydney, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you so much 'Julie B' for your wonderful review, I am so proud of my team for your exceeding your expectations with their wonderful hospitality. We hope to welcome you back to Quay West Suites Sydney in the near future, Joleen.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a wonderful hotel with great views of the harbour bridge, Opera House, North shore and more.My daughter and I travelled to Sydney for a celebration of her 50th birthday. When booking we were asked if we were celebrating something special, we told them we were. We were checked in early as our apartment was ready, and were told we had been upgraded to a Penthouse suite on the 29th floor and given a late checkout on departure.. Wow! what a gift and what a fantastic apartment it was. It was sooo spacious, huge living area, marble bathrooms, one with spa bath, fluffy towels, main bedroom had balcony. Just as we were settling in we had delivery of champagne and choc coated strawberries. How special did we feel? We cannot praise the staff enough for their friendly, helpful ever smiling service to us. The professional but friendly concierge making sure all is well from the minute we arrived at the front door. The front desk reception staff for their attention to detail, everyone was top class at their jobs. We had breakfast in the restaurant, buffet style with lots of choice, and one night had room service for dinner. - why not when your dining table overlooks the spectacular light show that is the Sydney Harbour? We will be more than happy to stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you 'EuBarn' for your wonderful review, I am so pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again soon - perhaps for the next special occasion? Regards, Joleen.
Paarl, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This hotel is well situated near The Rocks - which is where you want to be if you want to be close to everything. Sydney is easy to traverse and the public transport system is great - so by chosing this hotel you get a great central location to the harbour, station, Darling Harbour etc. Clos eto restaurants to amble down at night. Chose a room as high up as you can be. Well equipped, clean and comfortable good value for money.

Room Tip: Higehr the better, good views
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review, I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at Quay West Suites Sydney! We hope to see you again soon, Joleen.
Merimbula, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed in room #1403. - a Suite
Nice city views and filtered Harbour Bridge views. Lovely feel to the Apt, large size, well equipped and maintained to a high std.
We are a family of 4, children aged 3 & 5 slept on the fold-out sofa which was made up as a bed and was comfy. Suited us but probably not ideal if staying longer.
Staff were very helpful, polite and friendly, as we arrived early (around 11am) the staff rang through to house keeping and put "priority" on getting our room ready. Greatly appreciated.
Concierge were more than helpful with luggage and directions, tips etc.
We will certainly recommend and stay again.

Room Tip: Higher the better, away from lift shaft.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you 'Matthew S' for your feedback, and comments of our staff - they are a true asset to us! We hope to welcome you back again in the near future, Joleen.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked 5 nights at Quay West Suites using an internet booking agency. The reservation was for 5 nights beginning April 14, 2015 (way in advance). I hit confirm, understanding that there was no refund. It turns out I booked the right hotel, but in the wrong city. I ended up in the Melbourne Hotel by the same name. I tried dealing with the booking agency, explaining the problem, that I did not want a refund but only the right hotel. I got nowhere. I then contacted the hotel directly and they put together a team in Melbourne and Sydney to help me. The service from the internet booking sight was dreadful, inept, and very disorganized. With the help of the two hotels, I was able to get a full refund which was used to book the right hotel in Sydney. Even though the cost is a little more than I budgeted, I was determined to stay there so I can personally thank all involved.
I can't wait to get there now.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you 'Otto C' for your review, I am pleased to hear that not only did our hotel exceed your expectations but so did our Sister properties. We hope you have had an enjoyable stay with us, Joleen.

Been to Quay West Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!