“Great Service and I haven't even stayed there yet!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quay West Suites Sydney

Save Saved
You added Quay West Suites Sydney to your Saves list
Quay West Suites Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   98 Gloucester St | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #13 of 182 hotels in Sydney
“Great Service and I haven't even stayed there yet!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I booked 5 nights at Quay West Suites using an internet booking agency. The reservation was for 5 nights beginning April 14, 2015 (way in advance). I hit confirm, understanding that there was no refund. It turns out I booked the right hotel, but in the wrong city. I ended up in the Melbourne Hotel by the same name. I tried dealing with the booking agency, explaining the problem, that I did not want a refund but only the right hotel. I got nowhere. I then contacted the hotel directly and they put together a team in Melbourne and Sydney to help me. The service from the internet booking sight was dreadful, inept, and very disorganized. With the help of the two hotels, I was able to get a full refund which was used to book the right hotel in Sydney. Even though the cost is a little more than I budgeted, I was determined to stay there so I can personally thank all involved.
I can't wait to get there now.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

666 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed there after our trip to New Zealand, so the standards of politeness, service and hospitality were admittedly high. However, some objective facts are beyond taste, opinion and high expectations. Just after arriving -last day of honeymoon- the visit started with a cockroach in the bathroom coming from the shower ceiling. No further comments are needed. However, the manager was very kind and the following day gave us another room (with fruits and water). Bad things happen and the most important is how people deal with them. The main reason I am submitting such a bad score is the unbelievably rude and inefficient concierge. When guests were carrying luggage, he pretended he was looking somewhere else to avoid helping them -I noticed this didn't happen only with us-. We also asked him the simple task of booking us the shuttle bus to the airport. Epic fail. When we realised the bus was not coming -as he never submitted our request although we asked three times and were given the booking receipt- we kindly asked him to call and take care of the situation. Apparently he could not; he did not care at all and was passing the driver to my husband, as if we were responsible for the communication and everything. In the end we asked for a taxi, but this person should really not be the first and last image guests have from this hotel.
Breakfast was fine, location great, room view amazing and the girls at the reception very kind. All in all, the hotel needs renovation and knowledgeable and kind people to welcome guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Quay West turned out to be a great option for us during our trip to Australia. The rooms are really like small condos with kitchens and washers and dryers. The harbor view rooms have truly spectacular views of the harbor bridge as well as the opera house. We've stayed twice at Quay West and will be staying two more times on our upcoming trip. The convenience of the laundry and kitchen make the rooms a great pick for keeping costs down but the hotel's location close to The Rocks area make for quick walks to interesting restaurants and the ferries at the harbor. If you want to walk into Sydney downtown it's a quick walk as well.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are worth the extra dollars.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Can't go wrong here, good rooms, staff and location.
Don't expect true 5 star room fittings but they are perfectly acceptable and well equipped apartments.
Only a 5 minute walk to Circular Quay, train station, ferry terminals etc.
Honoured my Accor Platinum status with a room upgrade etc.

Room Tip: Harbour and bridge view rooms are worth the extra cost
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My family of 5 stayed in the 2-bedroom apartment. We were so amazed by the beautiful night view of the the harbour bridge and the opera house when we first stepped into the apartment. The next morning, we were again indulged in a fabulous dawn view of seeing sun rising from the coastline. You need not go to the Sydney Eye as you definitely get a better view here. The apartment was clean and spacious. We didn't have time to try the heated pool but it looks quite good. Checking in and out was effortless. Easy walk to the Rocks and many attractions. Only thing is that one of the bathrooms is quite small and the kitchen could be more well equiped. Overall a pleasant stay for us and good money spent.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I stayed in one apartment room and had the best view of the opera house on one side and the other the sydney harbour bridge. We loved the breakfast and the staff were friendly and very helpful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Quay West Apartments are in the perfect location: The Rocks close to the Harbour. The apts are spotless with everything you need for your stay. The staff are friendly and obliging. This was my third stay and I will return.

Room Tip: 2 Bedroom Harbour View room is the one to stay in if you want to see the opera house & the bridg...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
JoleenH2000, General Manager at Quay West Suites Sydney, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you 'Ann R' for your review, and I do love your title! Thank you so much for your kind words, I do hope we welcome you back for the fourth time in the near future.

Kind regards,

Joleen Hurst

Been to Quay West Suites Sydney? Share your experiences!