“Fantastic rooms, spectacular views” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour

You added Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour to your Saves list
Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Macquarie Street | East Circular Quay, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Special Offer
Early Booking
Ranked #6 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Oregon
“Fantastic rooms, spectacular views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Flying back to Australia for my grandmother's 90th birthday, we booked a harbor view 1 BR room for her and a garden view 2 BR for our family. This is a fantastic hotel to stay at. The suites are spacious with everything you need, beds are comfortable, service is excellent, and the location is perfect. This hotel is literally on Circular Quay right near the Harbor bridge and the ferries. Easy to get anywhere around town. The views are spectacular from the harbor side rooms, with decks to just sit and watch the people, the bridge and boats, the sunlight, Sydney harbor. The garden views, while not as dramatic as the harbor, still are beautiful with the park right there. This was a more pricey hotel than some options but the benefits, location, quality and service were absolutely worth it. Would totally stay there again--in fact, it's the hotel we'll go to first! Great trip, great hotel!

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms have amazing views, but any location here will be good!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear DJMJ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your stay with us back in March.

What a wonderful way to celebrate your Grandmother's 90th Birthday by having all the family together.
I am so glad you had such a wonderful time celebrating, enjoying the spectacular views, suites and service we had to offer.

I am so thrilled you have decided to come back again on your next trip to Australia!
I look forward to warmly welcoming you back again when the time comes.

I trust you and your family made it home safely.
Thank you again for your kind review and celebrating such a wonderful occasion with us.

Wayne T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Terrigal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Picked up King room on a Friday night for $170 from a discount accommodation site...great value for a beautiful (and large) room centrally located to everything. Very quiet, huge bathroom and spa bath was a massive bonus. Overlooking the east which was nice too. Very pleasant stay :-)

Stayed July 2014
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear arejay2,

Thank you so kindly for your review after your recent stay.
I am truly glad you had a pleasurable stay.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again,

Kindest regards,
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This was our second stay at Pullman Quay Grand. Just a three night stay for my husband to attend an event at another hotel. Decided on staying here due to its convenience to the Airport train and knowing about the great view.

Booked directly with the hotel, and received good service both before and during our stay.

We were really impressed with the helpful service, beginning with finding out where my husband could hire a suit after the airline left his baggage behind!

Whenever we came across anyone working at the hotel, even in our short time there, we were greeted and made to feel welcome.

Nearly booked a Garden View, but then decided at the last minute to go for the Harbour View again. It's interesting to watch all the ferries come and go, and on the first evening I saw a huge cruise ship enter the harbour.

Circular Quay is a wonderful area to stay. Our last visit to Sydney we were further in the city, but I love the harbour area for walking and just the general ambience.

We didn't eat at any of the restaurants.

Only a short walk into the city for shopping.

Very clean and comfortable apartment with wonderful view of the Harbour Bridge, yet still quiet when the doors were closed.

I will certainly consider Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour when next staying in Sydney.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Adelaide,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your recent stay with us.
Your feedback is so greatly appreciated.

I am thrilled you and your husband had just as great a stay the second time around.
It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you back again and I'm sure the team would have been delighted to help you arrange a suit for the event.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel was wonderful to stay at - the food was outstanding, service great and suite very comfortable. View was spectacular - we were very pleased. A higher price than we usually pay but well worth it for a special occasion. Would love to go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Salntich,

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and celebrating such a special occasion with us.
I am so thrilled your special occasion was made to be a very perfect and memorable one.

We'd certinaly love to welcome you back again as much as you'd love to come back again!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend and travelled home safely.

Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Stayed for four nights in a one bedroomed corner apartment recently with my wife and my two kids. The apartment was superb and the views out of the full height windows and from the balcony were stunning !

The apartment contained everything you might need including a well equipped kitchen and a laundry room with a washing machine and a dryer. Only thing missing was coat hooks near the entry door.

Breakfasts were great and my kids took a liking to the free red apples available in the lobby !

Over the years I have stayed at many terrific Hotels and Resorts but very few of them could top this Hotel. The location was perfect, the facilities were perfect and the staff were great !

There is a great convenience store 5m to the right of the main Hotel Entrance on Maquarie Street.

Room Tip: The view from the corner apartment 1008 is terrific. No doubt so is the view from any of the high le...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear WillieGarner,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review the hotel after your stay with us.
I am so delighted you and your family had such a fantastic stay with us.

You certainly picked a great place to stay for your travels, right in the heart of Sydney with the Harbour right at your door step!

Thank you again for your fantastic review.
I look forward to welcoming you and your family back if and when you return to Australia.

I trust you enjoyed the rest of your travels and made it home safely to Scotland.

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We have just spent seven nights at the Pullman, our second visit. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Sydney. From the moment you arrive until the moment you leave the service is just amazing, you are made to feel so special, nothing is too much trouble and all done with a warm smile. The views harbour side are amazing, the suites are large, very comfortable and clean and the bonus is having a washing machine and dryer. The Q dining serves brilliant food and the service is outstanding. The ECQ Bar is a wonderful place to enjoy a lighter meal a glass of wine and watch the world go by, again top food and service. We were celebrating my birthday and I cannot thank Justine and Atsuko enough for ensuring my day was so special. Thank you to all the Pullman staff who made our stay so memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Wayne T, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear travelbliss4,

Thank you so much for returning to the hotel to celebrate such a special occasion!
I am thrilled you had a wonderful and memorable time celebrating your birthday.

It was such a pleasure for the team to welcome you back to the hotel and we certainly enjoy doing the best we can to ensure special occasions are celebrated memorably.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your stay.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Wayne T

Been to Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour? Share your experiences!