“Business and pleasure” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour

You added Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour to your Saves list
Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   61 Macquarie Street | East Circular Quay, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia (Central Business District)   |
Ranked #11 of 181 Hotels in Sydney

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in July and it was fantastic. The welcome from the concierge was outstanding, the room with the view over the harbour took my breath away. The room amenities, including the spa and kitchen, and convenience of the location are all top quality. Sydney is a wonderful city and there is so much to see the only downside of staying in this hotel is that you will want to stay in!
It was one of the highlights of our trip to Aus.
One tip -if you want to get any provisions for your room get on the ferry to Manly as there are lots of shops there just off the boat.

Room Tip: Select a room with harbour views
4 Thank Truth002
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

I truly appreciate your feedback and am so glad you enjoyed your stay so much you didn’t want to leave the room. At Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour we pride ourselves on our facilities and our beautiful location.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the future, hopefully for a longer stay so you can maximise your experience.

Sincerely
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I really loved our stay at this hotel. The view was amazing and it was great to have kitchen facilities. The pool and spa are good too but don't have much of a view. I recommend having some drinks at night at the bar in the hotel as the view is great another fantastic option is the bar at the top of the Shangrila hotel in the rocks area. Dinner at Aria was amazing.

2 Thank Taptaptaptaptap
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Seriously do not hesitate to book this hotel! It isn't much more expensive than all the other hotels and it has a FANTASTIC location! Right where the opera house, harbour bridge, train station and not far a walk from Pitt St Mall. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! The service was 2nd to none from the maintenance guy, concierge, reception, housekeeping AND room service! I came into contact with all of these and it was great. The room was fantastic and I had one with a spa in room it was great. FANTASTIC VIEW! (I paid for harbour view - trust me its worth the little extra) I have stayed in MANY hotels all around the world and this one is BY FAR the best!

3 Thank Marli_Marli23
Belinda P, General Manager at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Marli,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent experience at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour. I am so pleased to read you had a wonderful time and recommend not only the hotel but the service we pride ourselves on as well.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have been staying at the quay grand since I was a kid. It is a BEAUTIFUL hotel. Right on the water, right by the bridge, right by some of the best restaurants in Sydney.

The staff is incredibly on top of it. They are so nice, so accommodating, just a great great hotel staff.

The rooms are big and modern, everything is new and everything works. Go here to enjoy Sydney!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank SuzyOlson1010
Claremont Meadows
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Whenever I travel to Sydney I always stay at Pullmans Quay grand Sydney Harbour Hotel. The staff are friendly and always welcome you with a smile and as I have been a very frequent guest of this hotel for many years now it has become a home away from home for me, so to speak. This Hotel has every thing I need, the rooms are wonderful with fantastic views of either the Sydney Harbour bridge and sparkling blue water or the lovely lush green Botanical Gardens.The rooms have a washer and dryer as well as a full gourmet kitchen and a marble bathroom with shower and spa.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Jeannie,

I sincerely appreciate you feedback and am glad you feel we are your home away from home. Here at Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour we pride ourselves on our five star features and our excellent service. Our staff will be pleased to hear you feel so strongly for the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Before I wrote this review, I googled my title - "Tray service fee for Room Service" as I wanted to see whether this was a standard fee applicable in many hotels. Well it seems there are many that do charge it, but it doesn't seem to have caught on yet as a global hotel phenomenon. In my opinion, no 5 or even 4 star hotel should charge an additional fee for room service. We're already paying a premium price to stay in the hotel and shouldn't be charged extra for services that really are part of a 5 star rating. If it's a more budget style hotel (much like a budget airline), yes I can see how a service fee like this could be justified. I'm usually pretty good at reading the fine print, but on this occasion I missed the information advising about the tray fee and it was only when we were settling our bill that I noticed the $4 fee. I know it's only $4 but it's the principle of the matter. Feedback to the hotel.... scrap the fee or as an absolute minimum, verbally inform guests when they're placing their Room Service order or signing the receipt on delivery. As lovely as the hotel was, especially the view, this will be the first thing I tell people about.

Room Tip: Rooms with a park view are quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank amtih2512
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your feedback.

Whiles majority of 4 and 5 start hotels charge this we will take your comment on board when next reviewing our room service menu.

Sincerely