“convenient to everything” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Regis City Centre

You added Park Regis City Centre to your Saves list
Park Regis City Centre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Park Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #117 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Sydney, Australia
“convenient to everything”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed in park regis hotel on few occasions for different purposes like staying overnight then the following day I went to Sydney International airport for my flight. You choices of transportation like the train from Town Hall train station or by taxi or by shuttle service to the airport.

The hotel is so convenient to everything, pubs are just around the corner and department stores are all walking distance. This is great if you are in Sydney for shopping spree.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the main street.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Katoomba, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

The location of this hotel is great if you want to be in the heart of the CBD, being just around the corner from Town Hall Station.

It is essentially a high rise motel. The service on arrival was good and they let me put my bags into the room at 10.30am before going to my meeting.

The room was motel style and quality and the common areas were a bit tired.

The bed was OK and the room not too noisy bearing in mind that Park Street never sleeps. That of course is the trade off for convenient.

Sydney was full when I booked, so paid top dollar for the room - hence I have marked down value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I used this hotel for a conference and stayed two nights. The staff were very friendly and helpful (great work). The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable and had everything you might need in them, however they apparently had a plague of Bogong moths in Sydney. The entire hotel stank of moth balls - a really pungent napthalene smell. At first I was given a room on one of the floors further up the building, 11 or 12, I cannot remember. I could smell moth balls quite strongly and opened the window, until I saw that the management had placed a sign in the room saying, "Do not open the window - moths will come in". There were no screens on the windows. The room was nice and it was a good size, cosy but comfortable and I quite liked it so I accepted it and tried to put up with the smell. I ate dinner and returned to my room, and after sitting there for an hour or two, felt quite sick and was having trouble breathing from the napthalene smell. I did some internet research and discovered that napthalene can be harmful to breastfeeding mothers and infants, and exposure can cause health problems for others as well. After two hours and a sick tummy I was over it and called down to reception about the problem. They were very helpful and offered me a room change. The next room was bigger but not as comfortable, and it was on the 7th floor. The air conditioning in both rooms was very noisy and old, so without being able to open windows there was really no way of having air circulation through the rooms. The napthalene smell was less in the second room, but the noise was phenomenal. Apparently in Sydney people are a lot naughtier on Friday nights than Saturdays, as there were sirens every 15 minutes or so, which echoed and bounced off the buildings and were incredibly loud. Both nights I only got about 4 hours sleep because of the noise but I was unwilling to complain and get moved again. The service was good, but the moth balls are not a healthy way to get rid of moths. Try fitting some screens, so at least people can open a window? Really, I got home and my clothes in my bag stank of moth balls, just from being on the floor in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up, but if it smells like moth balls when you walk in, get another one, because...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Bexytea

Thank you very much for staying at Park Regis City Centre. I am pleased that you have mentioned our friendly staff and our clean and comfortable rooms. Bogong moths were an issue across the whole of Sydney earlier this year. During their migration every year they pass through Sydney and are attracted to the lights in the city. At the hotel we keep our windows closed during this period, all rooms have air-conditioning, and we leave a note in each room advising guests not to open windows. Our housekeeping department clean all rooms very thoroughly each day and I disagree that there is an odour or naphthalene smell. As you have mentioned our staff were able to offer you an alternate room. In regards to the noise our hotel has recently completed installing double glazing into 3 floors which has reduced the noise levels inside the rooms. I apologise that the city noise disturbed your sleep. Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your review.

Leeds
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

It's ok is about all I can say. Reception is clean, beds are comfy enough and room is clean. Downside, additional charges for the wifi!! Why do some hotels still do this!? In my opinion, in this day and age wifi is as essential as a bed and I wouldn't expect to be charged extra for my bed!! I'm pretty sure they borrowed the shower curtain from my 88 year old nan, I didn't feel too safe in the squeaky lift, the pool was out of order and reception staff perhaps require a wee bit of customer service training! Location was good though, about 20 min walk to the harbour and close to the shopping district.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear flyrobfly

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am pleased that you found the hotel clean and our beds comfortable. We do charge for wifi access at our hotel. I understand that wifi access is becoming more and more important to guests and this service will be reviewed by our General Manager. All bathrooms at the hotel have a shower only, we do not have bath tubs. Most rooms have shower curtains however we have very recently installed shower screens into selected rooms and are reviewing which is the best option. There are 2 lifts for the hotel which are reliable and serviced regularly. The swimming pool on the rooftop is currently undergoing maintenance repairs and will be back in service early in the new year, I apologise if this inconvenienced your stay. Our central location is a positive for many guests, we are walking distance to most attractions in the city. Thank you once again for your feedback.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This hotel was a huge disappointment. We booked a suite because there were three of us. It was cramped and shabby. The elevator was just outside the room and loud. The Aircon only blew in one direction, directly on our heads as we slept! We were really disappointed.

Stayed November 2013
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Charlynn M

Thank you very much for your review. The room which you booked was our Park Suite room. These rooms have a separate bedroom and living room area with sofa. In additional there is a fridge, microwave and cutlery and crockery is provided in these rooms. The elevators at the hotel have recently been serviced and the bell sound has been muted on each floor. I apologise that the air conditioning in the bedroom was not working correctly. The direction of the air should normally be controlled by using the remote control. Thank you once again for your comments and I apologise that your stay was not to your satisfaction.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

We attended the Seekers Concert at the State Theatre and booked this hotel for convenience to the theatre. Reception staff were friendly and efficient. The hotel is old and desperately in need of renovations. Our small queen room was on the seventh floor and badly appointed; minimal hanging and storage space, paint peeling on the walls, musty smell, one small bedside table with lamp (no space for a second bedside table), however the bed was clean and comfortable. If you are a light sleeper, you may have trouble with the noise coming from the street.
The bathroom was disgraceful; very small, no vanity only a sink with a small hot water service attached to the wall under the sink, and only a small shelf on the wall next to the sink on which to place personal toiletries. There was no shower screen only a curtain on a railing, no fan, no loose soaps or shampoos, just dispensers on the wall in the shower and above the sink which contained soap, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and shower gel. These dispensers dispensed the various contents very slowly and it was terribly frustrating trying to get a good lather up in this tiny shower. The small hot water service was completely inadequate and it was difficult to regulate the water temperature.
There is a rooftop relaxation area with views, however it is very shabby with dying plants and stained furniture. This could be a lovely haven in the middle of the city but in its present state is not attractive.
Overall, this property desperately needs upgrading, especially the bathroom. I would not stay again and will not be recommending this property to anyone.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the main road may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear REDNAN23
Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay. I am pleased you found our reception staff friendly and efficient. Concerning your comments about the condition of your room I would like to apologise. The hotel is currently painting rooms which are lifting the appearance together with installing double glazed windows to reduce the outside traffic noise. The bathrooms at our hotel do not have bath tubs and have a shower only with a shower curtain. I will pass on your comments regarding the dispensers and the storage in the bathroom to our General Manager to review. The rooftop observation deck and swimming pool does not look the best at present due to scaffolding and essential maintenance work taking place. Once again thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

No frills, basic 3 star hotel with all the amenities required in a very convenient location. Bathroom was a little tight for the average but still very accessible. Beds were very comfortable, room comes with iron and ironing board if required but no slippers.
Overall was a very pleasant stay and would be highly recommended for those on a bit of a budget but would still like the convenience. Only a block from Town Hall station and QVB for some shopping.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

SWHG_Operations, General Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear GrantCunningham

Thank you for staying at Leisure Inn Sydney Central. I appreciate your positive review of our hotel and thank you for taking the time to leave your comments. The hotel is located within walking distance of Central train station. The new Central Park development and shopping centre has now opened and is a few minutes walk from the hotel and worth a visit. As you mentioned all guests must swipe their room key to enter the building after 9pm and swipe again to use the lift. It is good to hear that our staff was friendly and knowledgeable of the local area. Thank you again for your review and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel.

Front Office Manager

Been to Park Regis City Centre? Share your experiences!