“Great location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Regis City Centre

You added Park Regis City Centre to your Saves list
Park Regis City Centre
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Park Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #121 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in June with 2 friends. Location is fantastic and so were the staff. We were able to check in early which was an added bonus. The rooms are small yes but for the price who cares. We pretty much used the room to sleep and thats it. If you want to have a holiday in your room then this is not the place. The housekeeping staff serviced our room daily and were very friendly. There is a bit of noise in the street but that is hardly the hotel's fault.

Overall it was a good place to stay especially for it's location to everything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear ozzzy22

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to read your positive comments. Our guaranteed check-in time is 2pm however if we have a room ready we are always happy to check in guests earlier. I was pleased to read your comments regarding our housekeeping staff who work very hard to keep our hotel clean. Thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to seeing you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed overnight in Syndey whilst in transit.

Chose an express room which was good value.

A bit on the smallish side, particularly the bathroom, but comfortable accomodation with tea and coffee provided.

Found the park St frontage noisy with ambulances and traffic noise overnight, even with the windows closed.

Elected to pre purchase breakfast at the adjoining coffee club for $17 however when at the restaurant, basic breakfast was $15.95 with coffee. If you wanted something special (eggs benedict, that was covered but you needed to buy the coffee!

Staff were friendly and helpful, and aprt from interupted sleep, a very convenient location to the Town Hall Station and hire car locations in William St (-a short walk).

Glad it was for one night only

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
only Dear ryankjcb Thank you for your review of our hotel. Our Express rooms are our entry level room, they are perfectly suitable for a short stay and have the same amenities as the larger rooms in the hotel. As mentioned in other reviews the hotel has recently begun installing double glazed windows which has made a significant improvement in the reduction of traffic noise. I would also suggest a room facing towards the back of the building if you prefer a quieter room. Please ask any of our Reception staff for assistance if you return for a future visit.
We offer two types of breakfast vouchers for use at the Coffee Club which is directly next door to the hotel. A continental breakfast costs $15 per person and a hot breakfast costs $18.50 per person. Both types of breakfast vouchers include tea or coffee. I apologise if you were given the wrong information, without further details I am unsure of the reason for this mistake.
I am pleased that you found our staff friendly and the location was convenient for your stay in Sydney. Again, thank you for your comments and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to Park Regis City Centre in the future.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for 6 nights!! The rooms are very small and so too are the bathrooms!! But we weren't so worried because we were out and about so much!! Perfect position to everything, right in the heart of the city! We had an amazing view from our room, and the rooftop was awesome!! We always came back to a clean serviced room!! We will definitely stay here again!! Central to everything!! And we had the best holiday too!!!

• Stayed June 2013
SWHG_Operations, Front Office Manager at Park Regis City Centre, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Natbatt
Thank you for your positive comments, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Our staff recommend the view from the rooftop to all guests at check-in and guests are welcome to take food and drink or something to read with them.
There are tables and seats however the rooftop is open and not covered in the event of bad weather. It is pleasing to hear that your room was serviced to a high standard during your 6 night stay, we have an experienced Housekeeping department with dedicated staff. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

This hotel was in the centre of the city, only a less then 5 min work from town hall station. It was close to (walking distance) in plenty of restaurants and bars. The hotel staff were very friendly and professional. The rooms were decent, but if you were looking for a spacious room i would not advise this hotel. The rooms were quite small as were the bathroom/shower but it didn't bother me as i didn't spend a great amount of time in the room. The view was nice to look out and see the city buildings. I had a nice time in this hotel and liked that it was very central in the city and was in walking distance to almost anything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kaitlin04
Thank you for leaving a review of your recent stay. I appreciate your complimentary comments regarding our hotel location and the friendliness of the hotel staff. Our hotel is investing in a refurbishment program this year which includes installing new double glazed windows, painting of rooms and corridors and a new entry key card system. We have a range of room types and sizes and our Front Desk staff are always happy to show you our larger rooms if you are considering upgrading. The view from the hotel rooms is either a city view or a view towards Hyde Park. Again thank you for taking the time to complete a review and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed in a premier triple room with my two friends for a night out in the city. First thing you notice is how FRIENDLY the staff are! The room was very clean and the bed was just SO comfy. The cookies were a nice touch too. Considering how good the location is, you really don’t pay much at all. It’s a bargain for what you get! The only thing I didn’t like was the smell of subway in the lobby. I’ll definitely be back though!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear firstnotsecond
Thank you for your wonderful review of Park Regis City Centre. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was able to look after you. The Subway store which is directly next to the hotel cooks bread during the morning which does cause an aroma, this is an issue the hotel is investigating further. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I found this to be a pleasant, tidy, well furnished hotel, in a brilliant location with lovely, helpful staff. But, let it be known that it is NOISY! They need to put some more glazing on the windows or something as you can hear everything from the street and it makes it hard to get a good nights sleep!

• Stayed May 2013
Dear AmandaColes
Thank you for writing a review of your recent stay. I am sorry that you found the room noisy, we have recently installed double glazing to the 11th floor. The rooms which face towards the rear of the hotel are also quiet as they are away from the traffic. If you choose to stay again please request for a quiet room and our reception staff will allocate the appropriate room.
Thank you for your other comments regarding the room and our helpful staff, it is much appreciated.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

the location at Park Street is absolutely perfect and superbly convieniently central for my visit - not to far to walk to all the various places that I liked to visit .It is central to where the action is and a very short walk to the beautiful Hyde Park .

Now that said the hotel is not perfect in all aspects - the room ( standard room ) was found to be noisy , from the road traffic and my room was so call facing the rear - because of poor sound insulation , room size is adequate and room price that I got was good . The airconditioning ( not temperature control ) was turned off daily from 0900 to 1500 hours daily , for all rooms and this was for the whole 5 nights that I stayed due maintenance . Another complain is the water pressure on the hot water side is very poor you have to literally turn only the hot tap for shower on for a minute ant full to get the hot water to flow and mix in with the cold tap water to try and find right balance otherwise it will be either hot ,too hot or freezing - not really great . There are two small sized lifts available to service the hotel guest access to the rooms and one has been out of service ( sign stuck to the door ) and there are no service lifts in this hotel for the staff, to move their cleaning and laundry - so if you are in a hurry - learn to be patient , the wait can sometimes be long and annoyng . There is an open air swimming pool which is shared by the service apartments on the 45 th floor and the view from the pool deck is very pleasant . There is also a laundry room also on 45th floor of the service apartment .

This hotel is in a building that was built in 1968 ( formerly named koala motel - so says the plaque on the wall ) the hotel is only from I presume 2nd floor to 15th floor and the emaining are service apartments .

There are no restaurants or business center in the hotel , from what I see there is no free WI FI and the charges for using their internet either in your room or from the one computer set at the lobby is NOT CHEAP - I think if my memory is right ist is AUD 1.25 for 10 minutes at the lobby using their computer

The lobby is tiny , with reception area very cramp , if a big group shows upit will be very tight indeed and I personally feel that the reception / lobbny area floor should be moppe regularly since the white ceramics tiles are installed .

I was very upset that I had to wait some 1 1/2 hours to get my room issued despite at time of booking, I had indicated early check in as the flight landed at 0700 hours and I was at the hotel at about 0940 or thereabouts - but the reception says no rooms available as they were full the night before and the hotel check out policy was check out at 1000 hours otherwise you will be surcharged - so imagine it took more than an hour wait to get me a room - now how long does it take for them to get a room cleaned !!! I would say receptionist- RIA - tried her best to co ordinate with room cleaning to expedite but then there certainly was not much co operation . This was most disappointing especially since I had flown through the night and had little sleep on the plane and tired .

Room Tip: I suppose if you are prepared to pay more for the " suites " they would be better - ? The...