“Amazing, Stunning view of Sydney Opera House from room.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Sydney to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hickson Road | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #4 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Tampa, Florida
“Amazing, Stunning view of Sydney Opera House from room.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My parents and I stayed here using points as could never afford to stay here at $800 plus a night. We got upgraded to a deluxe room with an Stunning view of the Opera House from any point of the room. You had a view of the whole downtown from the room and had a balcony to walk out on. The staff which just great with everything you asked for and so nice. The room was huge with I think a California King bed and then a couch and flat screen tv,table, lots of closet space and mini bar, coffee machine inside a nice cabinet. Bathroom was huge with double vanities, shower and tub so whichever you preferred and the toilet was in its own room outside of the bathroom. The housekeeping came back each night to make sure you didn't need anything else and gave you more bottles of water if you needed more. Breakfast was amazing, with a a la carte of fruits, yogurts, donuts, breads and juices. I have the best orange juice there and I am from Florida, it was like it was just squeezed from the orange when I ordered it. Then you could also ordered from the menu since it was included for us. This hotel has the best location in Sydney where you are only minutes from everything and can walk to anywhere you want to go. I already want to go back.. :)

890 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed using 22,000 points, as we could never afford $800/night. Semi-upgraded to city view, and from balcony we could look left and see opera house. Presented with some bubbly as it was anniv stay. Rooftop pool was warm and very nice with great views. Bit surprised to see an African American bodyguard type (arms folded, sunglasses) hanging around, until I put two and two together and realised Pink was poolside along with her family! Earlier in the day my son had asked if famous people stayed in the hotel and I had said probably... Asked for a cot for my 13yr old son and we returned to a baby bed. Problem quickly resolved and he got a very comfortable rollaway bed. The room is "officially" limited to three, but the King is big enough for a couple to share with a small child. Loved the Nespresso machine with many coffee choices! Nice toilet seat (we are used to it in Japan). In the morning woke up to a huge Carnival Oceanliner in front of us-amazing it arrived in the night and we heard nothing.

Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I think this is the best place to stay in Sydney. I also think it's the most expensive. Which means that, from a value-standpoint, it probably doesn't score so high for many customers. But if you don't care about how much you pay, or you have high status in the Hyatt loyalty program and can get some free perks, I think you will be very satisfied.

First of all, the location of the hotel is clearly the best in Sydney. Right on the Harbor, with the best view of the Opera House. Keep in mind though that, unless you pay for the upgrade or are a Diamond loyalty member and get upgraded, you probably won't get that fantastic view from your room. If you do get it, it's spectacular, especially from the very nice balconies.

Second, the room furnishings and design are excellent. I'm not sure how many hotel rooms I've stayed in (probably over a 1000) and this was one of the top 5 (I did get the nice upgrade, though). Tons of space, modern-tasteful décor, lots of amenities, good bed, weird Japanese-heated/spraying toilet seat, fancy electronic blinds, etc. Oh, and the gave me a nice complimentary fruit platter and chocolates along with a decent bottle of wine.

Third, the service was great. I don't always like over-the-top service and, indeed, a few of the staff were a bit obsequious to me, but overall, I was very impressed. Nothing was too much trouble, and the staff always went the extra mile (or kilometer?) to help. Printing out a map with hand written instructions if I asked them to make a dinner reservation, remembering a family member's birthday with complimentary chocolates, etc.

The only minor disappointment was breakfast. The dining room is beautiful (you get "the view" from there) but the food was only good -- not fabulous. Had I been paying the (gulp) $45 per person charge for breakfast, I probably would have been a bit disappointed. (Fortunately, it was comped due to my Diamond status). You get a hot entrée from the menu and then go over to the continental breakfast buffet. Everything was well presented but, as my family observed, "the food wasn't better than what you get at the Hilton for breakfast." My daughter pronounced the pancakes as "not worth her time -- they're better from the machine at the Qantas lounge." I myself was a bit surprised that the orange juice wasn't fresh, the bread selection was mediocre, and the cold cuts far inferior to what you'd get at any 3-star hotel in, say, Germany. Of course, in Australia, one perhaps has to adjust one's epicurean standards. :)

So, overall, if you don't mind spending a $1000 for a hotel room, or can use a free night award as a member of the Hyatt loyalty program, you should definitely stay here. Everyone else can now understand what they are, and are not, missing.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very disappointed in high tea here. Service was average, sandwiches tiny and very plain. Cakes average. Expected much more from a 6 star hotel!! I would rate it 5/10 as I have been to many places for high tea in Australia and abroad to compare.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Mililani
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We have been to many hyatt hotels and all different categories most of them category 4-6, each time I say couldnt get better than this. However this park hyatt sydney so far really is truly beautiful and classy. First the location location location, this hyatt is right at the pier, when you go on your balcony its as if your room is on the water quite literally. You can sleep with the total dark shade or the sheer shade where you can still see the harbor and light, but with the slight sheer covering.
I liked the sheer shade, one of the nights a large carnival cruiser came to port, imagine awakening to a magnificent cruise liner really right in front of your balcony. This property does not have any regency club, but they do have a nightly service asking if you need anything and a butler service.
The shower and bathroom are one of the best we have ever encountered. There is also a bidet with a warm toilet seat and warm water, however no dryer like the park hyatt seoul. The rain shower was fantastic. And although I did not use the bathtub my children enjoyed the large tub before their shower. Now if I remember correctly this hotel was the only one so far that not only offers plastic laundry bags, but cloth bags and cloth shoe bags with their insignia. I called and asked if we could keep the cloth bags and they said yes. The bags are very nice and you could use them for clean clothing as well as dirty laundry, or even as packing bags or cubes. I will give some away as souvenirs to my very special friends they will love it. I had a total of five rooms so I have several bags. The complimentary items also included tea, coffee and two bottle of waters daily in the room.
However in the evening service you can always get more water or whatever you needed from their cart. The beds were nice and just right for me, the pillows just the way I like them, it conformed to your head making the pillow your own, like a built in memory, dont know what kind of material, but very comfortable. Also what I like is that this property does not put those comforters on the bed.
You know the hotels that put those comforters usually printed ones, and you know those are not washed often. And also their is no bad odor coming from the pillows, you know that stale, not dryed well smell, you sometimes get from pillows. The beds are all crisp and white white sheets and, just looks so clean. I did not mind sitting on the couch(we usually dont like fabric upholstery however this one felt clean and no odor). Their is also a large dining table with four chairs. I dont know if all the rooms have the couch and table so inquire before arriving. Now lets talk about location, from my observation this hotel was the closest you could get to the pier at circular quay. So you could walk just around the corner to get to all the tours(this is very very convenient) the hotel also has wheelchair complimentary, and very easy to wheel around the docks. I had to use the wheelchair on certain days since I tore my knee. The hop on hop off bus is just outside of the hotel about a three minute walk, and the hop on hop off water shuttle about a five to ten minute walk. Again these are very big pluses if you dont have a car. There are many eateries and also some kind of tented area like a craft fair. You can also walk to the sidney opera house around ten or fifteen minutes, but it is a very easy walk. You can stroll and look at the art. museum, musicians on the pier playing music,
and many shops. We also caught the cab to westfield mall (highly recommend) or you could walk, my son walked back, to the hotel. Again this hotel is a prime location to everything. We had breakfast downstairs with a very scenic view of the sydney harbor. I like how all the fruits were in a refrigerated section instead of out in the open, including the other perishables. Very good selection of juices, breads pasteries. And the servers are very attentive, you dont just have one or two servers
you have the whole staff catering to your dining needs. Now I want to talk about the staff, because I dont care how beautiful or luxurious a property is, if you dont have the heart and soul of a hotel then its for nothing. The heart and soul of park hyatt sydney are the many wonderful people my family and I encountered. Lets start with my first encounter over the phone from hawaii I spoke to several different people all were very friendly and informative, but I just remember some names, Sophie who always answered my questions politely and Jodi Bell who followed up on our reservations, thank you to all the phone people I did not get to meet. From our arrival Evan the bellhop who seemed to do many different things also getting certain transport reservations to answering many questions and following up on our airport connect, thank you Evan. Michelle, beautiful friendly front desk, always smiling, youre inner beauty radiates to you your personality. As well as the other front desk help sorry dont know your names. Darcy our cute butler with the piercing blue eyes, I will never forget our funny encounter as we both learned how to use youre hotel bidet(hey Darcy there is always a first time for everything), thank you for the good laugh. To Anthony the lead supervisor thank you for all your help the wonderful breakfast and the thank you note(glad you liked the whittakers from New Zealand). To Misha the very young manager, I know one day you will really rise up the ranks, you are so passionate and loyal to your job, to personally escort the engineer to help out with the temperature control in our room. I dont know of any manager that personally comes to oversee the problem, in an establishment such as yours. Also to Matteo in the restaurant

for great service. And to Charles Granville, the bellhop who delivered our food order and was also our bellhop as we were leaving, In our haste to get all the luggage and settled into the shuttle bus I forgot to give Charles his gratuity, so I called him to see if I could mail it to him, but he said that it was his pleasure to do his job that he loves so much that it was not necessary. He was more than happy that he could do his job well. And that he could make people happy wow what an invaluable employee. Thank you Charles job well done. thank you also to Rumney, tall asian guy with glasses (comes around with the night cart, and the other two asian ladies with night service) to the housekeeping staff we never get to meet, for keeping the rooms clean and well serviced you are the unsung heroes of the travel industry. And again to all the others that I did not know your names. Thank you and Aloha from hawaii.

Room Tip: for two rooms ask for connecting rooms
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

If you are coming to Sydney as a tourist you will want to stay here.in my opinion the best hotel in Sydney. It's a rather small hotel but the rooms are fantastic. I was originally staying at the shangri-la but they were a major disappointment so I decide to pay a little extra and move to the park hyatt, a totally worthwhile decision. The views are to die for, the service is personable and attentive. The location of the hotel can't be beat. I realise I'm sounding like an advertisement and I rarely give positive feedback. But well done park hyatt

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

This is a very nice hotel. We stayed in the Opera Suite with views directly across the harbor to the Opera House; to the other side, the bridge. The room had multiple balconies to take advantage of the view. Truly a splendid use of the hotel's footprint. The hotel staff was incredibly friendly. In particular, the front desk and concierge staff were both very friendly, efficient and knowledgeable. The staff took particular interest in our family's plans for our 4 night stay. Individuals remembered where we were going on a particular day and asked about our day when we returned to the hotel. Many hotels have quality staff, but this hotel has quality individuals who make up a quality staff. Breakfast was very good (we ate out otherwise). This is THE place to stay in Sydney.

Room Tip: The Opera Suite has incomparable views.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Sydney? Share your experiences!