“If you want to impress a woman” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

You added Park Hyatt Sydney to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hickson Road | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #3 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“If you want to impress a woman”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Take her to this stupendous venue. The setting is phenomenal and the wine list, menu and service en par with anything I have come across in London or Paris. Always good to have seafood, and I happened to be there with a blinding date but you have to expect that from me regardless. Just a divine experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (253)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We needed a touch of luxury. 2 nights, $2400 we expected it. Staff were stiff and stilted, food for breakfast and dinner was cold and average. Staff made us feel rushed and it was more important to get us checked out than anything else. Toilettries were average, and not restocked, milk not restocked. Room service was excellent, friendly staff on there too. Location is brilliant. The room had a view of opera house, but bed on opposite wall so not easy to enjoy it. No tinting on windows and could see right into everyone's rooms - unless you closed the blinds on that drop dead view. Hugely overpriced for the experience. Will not return. Some things in room did not work, pillows dreadful, not receptive to feedback

Room Tip: try to get one with bed on wall allowing you to look out at opera house - not into some other room
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt for New year 2012 in a park suite. location of the hotel is outstanding, you could not get better right under the bridge and views to to the opera house. the pool on the roof is small but makes up with the views.. decor is tasteful and modern and room has all facilities expected of a 5star hotel. Bonus of this hotel was access to the hotel wharf to watch the new years eve fireworks after our new years eve family dinner in the main restaurant which was lovely. Hotel service friendly and efficient. this is an expensive hotel during the new years period - we were only staying in sydney 4 nights and therefore could not book a harbour or opera house view room as these were minimum 5 night stay only - which was a real shame. I think the management should reconsider this arrangement, i appreciate having to have a minimum stay during such a busy period but believe 4 nights should be sufficient. I did convey my feelings on this to the hotel prior to my visit and requested due to their policy that i be allocated a "best as possible" view room from their park view suites selection, however on arrival our room could not have been further from the water (i think it was in fact THE last room away) but after a 23 hour flight we did not feel up to pressing this point. Was a shame that the management did not have a little more personal interaction on this customer service point.

Room Tip: Room prices are expensive but if you can afford it, book a harbour or opera house view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in the newly refurbished Park Hyatt on the night of our wedding. It is a luxury hotel however more than the fine appointments of modern luxurious furniture is the unsurpassable view of the Sydney Opera House directly outside the floor to window glass of our room. Waking up at the view of one of the most recognised architecture masterpiece and the pride of Australia is a terrific feeling beyond words.

I do need to admit the high price of the room prohibits a second visit under normal circumstance, we paid over $1,200 aud for that room for the night. Of course the sweet memory of the 1st night of wedding is priceless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Amazing hotel. Service ...too good. Great staff and helpful. Food very good for hotel
food as were the dringks. Concierge knowledgeable and goes above and beyond. Very very expensive hotel but worth it if you can spend the cash. Rooms smaller than other hyatts, even the deluxe room, but the view is well worth the price. Roof top pool with view of opera house. Will definitely return if I can ever afford to go again. We stayed in RM 337 which had a great view.

cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

As many have said the views and location of this hotel are some of the best you will ever experience. We stayed two nights in a harbor view room and I am writing this from an opera view room. There is a big difference so if you can swing it, I recommend it. Watching the cruise ships, ferries and tours boats go in and out of Circular Quay is never boring and you never tire of the opera house either.

Add the view to all the cool features of the room itself and this is a winning combination.

The service here is the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, hands down. At the front desk is Mr. Leon Mendels who is a real gentlemen and could not have treated us any better as first time visitors. We had dinner at the Dining Room and it was superb as well.

The real difference here is the service though, do you need directions? Recommendations? a water, a coffee, a glass of wine while you wait for your room that's all complimentary? Do you like it when people know your name and stop what they are doing to walk over and ask how you slept then what are your plans for the day? if so this is the place for you....enjoy!

Room Tip: Use platinum status for free Internet and an upgrade to a better view.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm not kidding! My sister bought me a spa package for my birthday. The experience initially got off to a rough start as there was no one in the spa reception area to greet me. I had to go down to the reception desk and ask them to locate the manager. This cut into the time I'd planned to spend by the pool which was complimentary with the package. (My sister also told me that when she went to buy the package, she had to wait almost an hour for someone to assist her because all the spa staff were in treatment rooms).

Once back in the spa, the therapist talked a little much for my liking but that's subjective. She wanted to tell me all about the products; I just wanted her to apply them. I also knew that it would mean a medium to hard sell at the end of the treatment and I was right. Another minus point in my book.

However, the actual treatment and the results of the treatment were excellent. The head massage sent me into a slumber and after the body wrap, I noticed that I was markedly skinner.

This was all preceded by a dining experience in the lovely cafe downstairs. My risotto was a little under cooked but the atmosphere compensated for that and some service inadequacies. I've been kind of forgiving with my score of 4/5 because the refurbishment of the new Hyatt is outstanding and the staff are all super friendly, helpful and I felt that even if they didn't always get it right - they meant well.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Park Hyatt Sydney? Share your experiences!