“Beautiful Hotel in Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Sydney to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hickson Road | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #4 of 182 hotels in Sydney
London, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Hotel in Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed at the Park Hyatt for New year 2012 in a park suite. location of the hotel is outstanding, you could not get better right under the bridge and views to to the opera house. the pool on the roof is small but makes up with the views.. decor is tasteful and modern and room has all facilities expected of a 5star hotel. Bonus of this hotel was access to the hotel wharf to watch the new years eve fireworks after our new years eve family dinner in the main restaurant which was lovely. Hotel service friendly and efficient. this is an expensive hotel during the new years period - we were only staying in sydney 4 nights and therefore could not book a harbour or opera house view room as these were minimum 5 night stay only - which was a real shame. I think the management should reconsider this arrangement, i appreciate having to have a minimum stay during such a busy period but believe 4 nights should be sufficient. I did convey my feelings on this to the hotel prior to my visit and requested due to their policy that i be allocated a "best as possible" view room from their park view suites selection, however on arrival our room could not have been further from the water (i think it was in fact THE last room away) but after a 23 hour flight we did not feel up to pressing this point. Was a shame that the management did not have a little more personal interaction on this customer service point.

Room Tip: Room prices are expensive but if you can afford it, book a harbour or opera house view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

859 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in the newly refurbished Park Hyatt on the night of our wedding. It is a luxury hotel however more than the fine appointments of modern luxurious furniture is the unsurpassable view of the Sydney Opera House directly outside the floor to window glass of our room. Waking up at the view of one of the most recognised architecture masterpiece and the pride of Australia is a terrific feeling beyond words.

I do need to admit the high price of the room prohibits a second visit under normal circumstance, we paid over $1,200 aud for that room for the night. Of course the sweet memory of the 1st night of wedding is priceless.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Amazing hotel. Service ...too good. Great staff and helpful. Food very good for hotel
food as were the dringks. Concierge knowledgeable and goes above and beyond. Very very expensive hotel but worth it if you can spend the cash. Rooms smaller than other hyatts, even the deluxe room, but the view is well worth the price. Roof top pool with view of opera house. Will definitely return if I can ever afford to go again. We stayed in RM 337 which had a great view.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
cincinnati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

As many have said the views and location of this hotel are some of the best you will ever experience. We stayed two nights in a harbor view room and I am writing this from an opera view room. There is a big difference so if you can swing it, I recommend it. Watching the cruise ships, ferries and tours boats go in and out of Circular Quay is never boring and you never tire of the opera house either.

Add the view to all the cool features of the room itself and this is a winning combination.

The service here is the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, hands down. At the front desk is Mr. Leon Mendels who is a real gentlemen and could not have treated us any better as first time visitors. We had dinner at the Dining Room and it was superb as well.

The real difference here is the service though, do you need directions? Recommendations? a water, a coffee, a glass of wine while you wait for your room that's all complimentary? Do you like it when people know your name and stop what they are doing to walk over and ask how you slept then what are your plans for the day? if so this is the place for you....enjoy!

Room Tip: Use platinum status for free Internet and an upgrade to a better view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I'm not kidding! My sister bought me a spa package for my birthday. The experience initially got off to a rough start as there was no one in the spa reception area to greet me. I had to go down to the reception desk and ask them to locate the manager. This cut into the time I'd planned to spend by the pool which was complimentary with the package. (My sister also told me that when she went to buy the package, she had to wait almost an hour for someone to assist her because all the spa staff were in treatment rooms).

Once back in the spa, the therapist talked a little much for my liking but that's subjective. She wanted to tell me all about the products; I just wanted her to apply them. I also knew that it would mean a medium to hard sell at the end of the treatment and I was right. Another minus point in my book.

However, the actual treatment and the results of the treatment were excellent. The head massage sent me into a slumber and after the body wrap, I noticed that I was markedly skinner.

This was all preceded by a dining experience in the lovely cafe downstairs. My risotto was a little under cooked but the atmosphere compensated for that and some service inadequacies. I've been kind of forgiving with my score of 4/5 because the refurbishment of the new Hyatt is outstanding and the staff are all super friendly, helpful and I felt that even if they didn't always get it right - they meant well.

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Chepstow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Had 3 nights in this fantastic hotel at the a holiday to Australia. I can't imagine a better positioned hotel in Sydney, nestled in between the Harbour Bridge and Circular Quay, with a "to die for" view of the Opera House.

The staff here are amongst the most attentive and helpful that I have found anywhere in the world. Special mentions to the Concierge team, who were fantastic, and to the Bellboy team. We left on Australia Day, which meant that the roads around the hotel were closed. They went out of their way to make sure that we were not inconvenienced, laying on a complimentary water taxi, and even arranged to send our luggage over separately to enable us to do some last minute sightseeing. Very impressive.

We opted for a room with a harbour view- this is so worth it. To wake up to the sun coming up over the Opera House was magical.

Breakfast - wonderful. A really good selection at the buffet, and a separate menu - anything from the menu was include in our room rate.

Unfortunately 3 days was just not enough - would love to return. As far as I am concerned, there is nowhere else that I would stay in Sydney!

Room Tip: A harbour view is worth the extra. M
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bellevue, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Park Hyatt is one of our favorite hotels- well located and close to nearly everything, the Circular Que, the Sydney Opera house etc, but more importantly, every morning when I wake up I push the botton by the bed to automatically open the curains and there , right in front of us, is the Opera House, and it reminds me I'm lucky enough to be in Australia once again-- the staff is terrificc, always let me check in early as our flights normaly get us there around 6 in the morning, and the food in the hotel is always beyond my expectations--

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Sydney? Share your experiences!