“Tops my list for Sydney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Sydney to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hickson Road | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #4 of 182 hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Australia
“Tops my list for Sydney”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Excellent staff, spacious & beautiful rooms. Dinner in the dining room with staff who have the best product knowledge of wine & food dishes, most impressed. And to top it off while enjoying fhis a huge cruise liner sailed out of Sydney Harbour right before our eyes at 8pm which was magic to watch.

Room Tip: I had side opera house view & cruise liner berth view
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

861 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is without doubt one of the great hotels of the world. Its position nestling under the famous Harbour Bridge and looking over the water to the Opera House is quite simply sensational. And the hotel is beautifully appointed with large comfortable rooms and exceptional staff all very keen to please. I stayed for a week and will certainly be coming back there when I next visit Sydney. The restaurant worked well in my experience. The choice was wide and the quality good. Obviously it's not cheap which is why I enter my only slight observation which is that it's amazing they solemnly charge you a whack for wifi. Why does that niggle? It probably shouldn't but somehow it jars. It's more silly marketing than money grabbing. If you're looking for an economy stay this isn't for you. But someone might just tell them that when you're paying $800 a night for the room the least you expect is to have the wifi thrown in. Ok, having got that stupid irritation off my obviously too sensitive chest I need to just confirm that the Park Hyatt is the last word in luxury and you won't find better anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Opera House
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My fiancee and I stayed one night at the Park Hyatt to celebrate our engagement. Upon checking in, we were given a free upgrade to the Opera view room. The hotel also gave us a complimentary bottle of sparkling wine with was very much appreciated.
The room was great and the view from the balcony was amazing. The bathroom was large and the bidet was a nice touch. The bed was king size and was very comfortable.
We had dinner at the Dining room, while good, wasn't exceptional. The food was nice, but my partner found a piece of plastic in her entree. The dish was quickly replaced and we were given complimentary dessert as an apology.
We went to the rooftop pool in the morning, and found it quite small. It was a good place to relax but was very noisy because of the Harbour Bridge.
Overall it was an excellent stay and we will be back to celebrate our wedding at this fine establishment.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I am sure that staying at the Hyatt Hotel as a guest is a very good experience, the hotel does look exceptionally well presented and is in a wonderful location with view across to the Opera House.

However, I would have to say that my dining experience in the restaurant on Wed the Dec was not an exceptional experience. The, booking made through the recommended on-line site and confirmed by the hotel , was lost somewhere between the hotel and the restaurant. When we arrived we were told we did not have a booking and even though they did find us a table it was not the window table I wanted for my two guests.
The food was good - not exceptional , one of the entrees was dry and when we told the staff this we were told that "it should not be" the implication being that we were finding fault over nothing - this really was not the case. I could say more about the whole experience however, surfice to say that it really was a bit of a let down. I really had expected more from a restaurant in such a hotel.

On the night we went there just seemed to be too many problems - the staff seemed rushed and not co--ordinated.

I may just have been very unlucky however, both my guests felt the same way -

Room Tip: Note, this is only about the Dining Room at the Hyatt - I have not stayed at the hotel so cannot com...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in April 2012 after the hotel completed a major renovation.
The ferry, restaurants, shops, Opera House are all within walking distance.
The service we encountered from everyone was exceptional.

Our room was beautifully decorated with modern furnishings. We had a balcony with a view of the Opera House and the harbour. The interior of the hotel has a neutral color scheme.

Definitely the best Park Hyatt Hotel I've stayed at and one of my favorites.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Glasgow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Love the location overlooking the opera house. Fabulous beds, great food, helpful staff. Actually I cant think of a single negative thing to say about it. Not cheap, but if you're on a one time visit to SYdney as we were, well worth it!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My stay was, without a doubt, the best hotel experience I've ever had. The accommodations were very comfortable (great bed!) and every interaction with a member of the staff was excellent. The food is also very good.

The Front Desk and Concierge staff were especially wonderful. I can't think of any way in which they could have been more outstanding, professional, and helpful.

The location is perfect -- beneath the Harbour Bridge looking across the harbour to the Opera House. Magnificent!

My brother and I enjoyed Australia and had an incredible vacation.

Room Tip: Try to get a harbour-view room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Park Hyatt Sydney? Share your experiences!