“All Class” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

You added Park Hyatt Sydney to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hickson Road | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #4 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne
“All Class”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed for two nights in September, before heading overseas, so sorry for late review. This hotel deserves star-status as even with the recent renovations which are classy, it's staff and location are just brilliant. A great stay, highlighted by excellent service, especially by the Concierge Team of Patrick, Christian and Rebecca (?), who organised so many things for us especially the helicopter ride at short notice. The staff all had such a natural courtesy, which is a rare quality nowadays. On arriving, we were upgraded ( without asking ) to a large Opera House view room with two balconies....view was magic. Our breakfast each morning was brilliant and other in-house services of Spa and massages were a perfect way to relax. Thanks for a great stay and looking forward to returning on my next visit to Sydney.

Room Tip: Go for Opera House Views !
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Aussie in London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the hotel in November 2012 for one night, to celebrate our anniversary. Whilst we had an enjoyable stay, we were left very underwhelmed by the experience, in light of the expensive rates charged to stay there. This is undoubtedly the most expensive hotel in Sydney, effectively charging 6-star rates, and for this price the experience should be faultless. Our main gripes were:
- We chose an Opera King room because we wanted a view of the Opera House. Unfortunately you could only see the Opera House when standing out on the balcony, not from the general room itself which we felt was a bit misleading. (The image of this room on the website also gives you the impression that you will see this view from the bedroom).
- I don't believe you should have to pay extra (about $30) for wifi access when you are paying such expensive room rates
- The hotel generally felt understaffed; attention to detail lacked on several occasions, as an example we had room service for dinner and it took an hour for our plates to be cleared; after 2 phone calls and at 10pm we ended up leaving the plates in the hallway ourselves so we could go to bed
- The breakfast buffet seems very small and limited in what it offers you, and is not at all on par with a 5-star hotel breakfast that one might expect.

Overall, a pleasant enough but very expensive night away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, AUS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'm usually a 3-star accommodation kind of guy. But recently I travelled with a friend, and he booked us in at the Park Hyatt in Sydney. I have to say, it's an experience that I think everyone should do at least once!

It was my first time in a 5-star accommodation, so you would naturally expect that I would think it amazing. I have since stayed in others, and have to say that this one still shines. (Of course the opera house view out my window definitely helps!)

I work in hospitality, and am quite critical of service. While I mostly work in cafes and restaurants, I have in my years worked in 3, 4 and 5-star hotels, and no matter what the venue, it always comes down to the staff. During this stay (and in both other Hyatt's I have since stayed in), I found the staff exceptional.
To name a few: Christian, Patrick & Rebecca were great at concierge, and Alex, the night manager, was also very helpful.

If you can afford it, or even if you can almost afford it, I highly recommend a stay here.
If you can't afford it, make a few sacrifices, work a little harder, and then treat yourself. You won't regret it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the best hotel I have visited in Australia. Incredible views,
exceptional service from staff, unbelievable location. Stayed in a
wonderfully spacious room which had incredible views of the Opera
House and two balconies - on Saturday nights there are fireworks
beside the Opera House. Rooms very modern, clean, spacious,
with everything you could require. Very impressive and worth the
cost for the experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Perhaps the best service and staff of any hotel I have been to:

Pros:
Amazing location. Many of the rooms have the best view in Sydney.
Extremely courteous staff
Rooftop pool
Very large rooms, with tons of features (SmartToilets, lighting, great bathrooms, large bed).
Heated pool, cabana seating.

Cons:
Some rooms long walk from stairs/elevator
No rooftop observation area. The Sydney suite gets the view, not the pool area.

Overall, this was an amazing hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our FAVORITE hotel (perhaps in the world) until this recent visit! It is a TOTAL redo and quite exceptional except that there are no towel bars for hand towels in the bathroom; no suitcase racks for those of us who do not unpack but choose to live out of our suitcases; no hooks in the bathroom to hang night gowns (only the hooks holding the robes that won't hold more). The ironing boards are flimsy for a hotel of this order and regardless of price, the guest gets to pay almost $30.00/day for internet connection - imagine that! The view cannot be beat nor the staff who are truly exceptional - calling guests by name after first meeting them and continuing days afterwards. There also was no "reading" light buy the 2nd bed in our room or the ceiling light intended for reading was improperly focused. It's austere but lovely; just not inviting. And the rooms don't seem to get made up until late afternoon; we intended and did watch the Presidential debates (American) in our unmade up room with guests at 1:00pm or so. I did not especially request that the room be made up because I felt that it would be so.

Room Tip: We love the ground level, harbor side views - easy in and out. Lobby area is a bit confusing with g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I’ve been lucky to stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney multiple times – their service and location is unsurpassed. Stunning location, with rooms with a harbour view. Service is exceptional – the is nothing that is ever too much for the staff members. Once the remote control curtains in my room wasn’t working (this was prior to the renovations) so they moved me to another and gave me a bottle of champagne for the trouble. The breakfast is great there as well – even the buffet, which I often find can be quite average at hotels. A must stay if ever visiting Sydney!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to Park Hyatt Sydney? Share your experiences!