“Amazing stay! Amazing view!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Hyatt Sydney

Save Saved
You added Park Hyatt Sydney to your Saves list
Park Hyatt Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7 Hickson Road | The Rocks, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Awaken at the Park
Ranked #3 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, AUS
“Amazing stay! Amazing view!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I'm usually a 3-star accommodation kind of guy. But recently I travelled with a friend, and he booked us in at the Park Hyatt in Sydney. I have to say, it's an experience that I think everyone should do at least once!

It was my first time in a 5-star accommodation, so you would naturally expect that I would think it amazing. I have since stayed in others, and have to say that this one still shines. (Of course the opera house view out my window definitely helps!)

I work in hospitality, and am quite critical of service. While I mostly work in cafes and restaurants, I have in my years worked in 3, 4 and 5-star hotels, and no matter what the venue, it always comes down to the staff. During this stay (and in both other Hyatt's I have since stayed in), I found the staff exceptional.
To name a few: Christian, Patrick & Rebecca were great at concierge, and Alex, the night manager, was also very helpful.

If you can afford it, or even if you can almost afford it, I highly recommend a stay here.
If you can't afford it, make a few sacrifices, work a little harder, and then treat yourself. You won't regret it!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

This is the best hotel I have visited in Australia. Incredible views,
exceptional service from staff, unbelievable location. Stayed in a
wonderfully spacious room which had incredible views of the Opera
House and two balconies - on Saturday nights there are fireworks
beside the Opera House. Rooms very modern, clean, spacious,
with everything you could require. Very impressive and worth the
cost for the experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

Perhaps the best service and staff of any hotel I have been to:

Pros:
Amazing location. Many of the rooms have the best view in Sydney.
Extremely courteous staff
Rooftop pool
Very large rooms, with tons of features (SmartToilets, lighting, great bathrooms, large bed).
Heated pool, cabana seating.

Cons:
Some rooms long walk from stairs/elevator
No rooftop observation area. The Sydney suite gets the view, not the pool area.

Overall, this was an amazing hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
West Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Our FAVORITE hotel (perhaps in the world) until this recent visit! It is a TOTAL redo and quite exceptional except that there are no towel bars for hand towels in the bathroom; no suitcase racks for those of us who do not unpack but choose to live out of our suitcases; no hooks in the bathroom to hang night gowns (only the hooks holding the robes that won't hold more). The ironing boards are flimsy for a hotel of this order and regardless of price, the guest gets to pay almost $30.00/day for internet connection - imagine that! The view cannot be beat nor the staff who are truly exceptional - calling guests by name after first meeting them and continuing days afterwards. There also was no "reading" light buy the 2nd bed in our room or the ceiling light intended for reading was improperly focused. It's austere but lovely; just not inviting. And the rooms don't seem to get made up until late afternoon; we intended and did watch the Presidential debates (American) in our unmade up room with guests at 1:00pm or so. I did not especially request that the room be made up because I felt that it would be so.

Room Tip: We love the ground level, harbor side views - easy in and out. Lobby area is a bit confusing with g...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I’ve been lucky to stay at the Park Hyatt Sydney multiple times – their service and location is unsurpassed. Stunning location, with rooms with a harbour view. Service is exceptional – the is nothing that is ever too much for the staff members. Once the remote control curtains in my room wasn’t working (this was prior to the renovations) so they moved me to another and gave me a bottle of champagne for the trouble. The breakfast is great there as well – even the buffet, which I often find can be quite average at hotels. A must stay if ever visiting Sydney!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Have you ever walked into a hotel and thought..."What was I thinking?" Well that is exactly what happened here but probably not in the way you are thinking. My thought was: What was I thinking about in terms of even considering staying anywhere else?!
Here is what I loved:
-The location (fantastic)
-The room - having just been redone they are beautiful, with excellent views of the Opera House and Le Labo products in the bathroom. And being able to sit on the balcony was heavenly.
- The restaurant - very delicious food but slightly (only slightly) inconsistent service.
- The Service - really wonderful concierge, front desk, and housekeeping teams
Here is what I thought could be improved:
- The only slip up was the hand over from the hostess in the restaurant to our table. Twice we were asked about a drink order that never happened and then had to be reordered. But if that is the only problem I think it is safe to say you'll love it here too!

Room Tip: Make sure to visit the pool on the roof!! Great view of the city!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Escape Artist
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Prior to visiting Sydney, I had heard about the Park Hyatt Sydney's major renovation and the new design of the hotel. For my stay, I was initially booked into the InterContinental Sydney and after a few unpleasant nights at the IC, at which I hold Royal Ambassador status, decided to switch the remainder of my stay in Sydney over to the Park Hyatt.

The Park Hyatt bills itself as “5-Star Luxury” and based on my two stays thus far, definitely lives up to that claim.

Nestled almost under the Sydney Harbour Bridge, the feeling of exclusivity and class was apparent from the moment I arrived. A friendly and respectful welcome from the doorman and I was escorted a few steps inside to check-in.

The front desk was courteous, efficient and welcoming. After a very quick check-in, I was accompanied to an Opera Deluxe room. The room name is a little deceiving as the room is as spacious as many suites that I have been in. Naturally there is a rate difference between this and the standard room, but well worth it in my opinion.

The rooms have a very Japanese influence in their design, which convey simplicity and modern luxury simultaneously. The view of the Opera House and harbour from this type of room is simply fantastic and unmatched in Sydney.

The bathroom was large and if you choose, allows you to open it up into the main room allowing direct views of the Opera House from the bathtub, yet maintain your privacy. The rooms also feature high-tech Japanese toilets, which may prove to be a curiousity if you have not been to Japan previously.

The Opera Deluxe rooms also feature two walk-out balconies which let me take in the morning sun over the Opera House, while reading my morning paper. One feature I really liked was the sheer and evening shades on the windows which can be deployed or retracted at the touch of a button.

While most travelers staying at this Park Hyatt will probably be on leisure stays, I do have to make comments for those like myself who typically are on business travel. The rooms provide large and well lit work tables with access to both wired and wireless Internet, which was fast and free of connectivity issues.

The hotel has a small, but well-equipped gymnasium with the brand-new weights and the latest in cardio equipment. A short walk up from the gym is the outdoor pool. While it was still the end of winter in Sydney, I decided to chance a swim in the pool which I was glad to discover was nicely heated. The pool is surrounded by sun loungers and a few cabanas with daybeds.

I opted to partake daily in the breakfast buffet in “The Dining Room” restaurant, which was plentiful and the staff was always friendly and efficient. The same can also be said of room service, which I found to be prompt, offer a good variety of dishes and reasonably priced.

True to the Park Hyatt brand this hotel offers a relaxing and luxurious environment that gives you a sense of exclusivity, but is only a short walk from the action and sights of The Rocks and transportation at Circular Quay. The hotel has been wonderfully redesigned and the staff is experienced and courteous which when combined deliver an unparalleled guest experience.

In a year, I am typically more in hotels than at home. So for me to say that the Park Hyatt Sydney is one of the finest hotels I have stayed it, does indeed say much about this 5-Star property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Hyatt Sydney? Share your experiences!