We spent 3 nights in a double executive room this May.
We tend to concur with several reviews on tripadvisor :
- Good location, right on Darling Harbour, quite central, good connection to public transportation although the most accessible one, the monorail, will be taken down in a few weeks so this advantage will vanish.
- The staff is usually very pleasant and helpful, with special thanks to the concierge, Akif : very gentle, helpful, efficient and of good advice.
- Nice view over the harbour
- Good buffet breakfast. A bit expensive but on the other hand they have this nice policy to offer complementary breakfast for kids staying with adults.
- But significant issue with the overall condition of the hotel : carpets worn and full of stains (some of them I even dare not describe), beds so-so, and furniture missing !! We arrived in a large room with no chair at the desk and nowhere to sit except on the beds. Normally those rooms have a desk chair and a sofa... I was told at the reception that they might not be able to find any, actually. They almost seemed irritated I was asking for that... (finally at least they managed to get a sofa in the room). Room stuffy with no aeration (none working anyway) so after shower it would turn very damp and you can feel the room never gets much fresh air : it smells mouldy. When we checked in there was a nice clean ozonation smell but I guess they do that only between guests and not during your stay (even though we did stay 3 nights).
- Wifi for a hefty price. Quite ridiculous and extortionate considering the price for the room. But on the other hand they have 1/2hour free per day in the lobby and some computers at everyone's disposal.
So not a bad experience, but definitely this hotel could freshen up quite significantly in order to keep justifying its price and grading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour is a 4.5 star hotel surrounded by the premier attractions of Sydney including the SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, Powerhouse and National Maritime Museums, Star City Casino and the Entertainment Centre. The hotel has direct access to transport, making this the ideal location for business trips, holidays and city breaks. With 525 rooms boasting panoramic views of the city or towards Olympic Park, the hotel features a restaurant, bar, pool, tennis court, gym and meeting rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, ACCOR, Agoda, Otel and Venere so you can book your Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney On Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Novetel Sydney
- Accor Sydney On Darling Harbour
- Sydney Novotel
- Darling Harbour Novotel