Stayed here over Australia Day long weekend with family including 3 primary school boys. Hotel was generally clean and modern but not a lot available on site for kids to do. Pool is small but ok. Boys enjoyed playing Nintendo Wii - 2 available in lobby area. Having said that, you come to Sydney to do stuff around town not particularly to sit in a hotel all day.
Breakfast and dinner were good. We benefitted from discounts with being Accor Advantage Plus members. Avoid arriving for breakfast at 9am as this is peak hour - probably only an issue with full house like it was when we were there. Otherwise it was great to have dinner away from the noise and crowds in the Harbourside shopping centre restaurants and food court in front of the hotel.
The room we got was nice and large with amazing panoramic view of darling harbour. Had all we needed but not always fun being stuck in the room with 3 kids :) Beds were comfortable but we were incredibly unfortunate enough to be disturbed in the middle of the night on both of the nights we were there by a false fire alarm.
The biggest thing going for the hotel is its location - so close to everything including aquarium, powerhouse museum, ferry, IMAX and for us, the fireworks. Made life so easy as a family.
All in all the hotel was a good place to stay, and whilst it probably didn't have a huge wow factor in and of itself, and definitely did not detract from our stay. Would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome and stunning view of Darling Harbour and the city skyline at the Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour, proudly located in one of the world's great waterfront destinations. Connected via undercover walkway to Harbourside Shopping Centre, you can walk right outside our doors to an array of restaurants and clubs along with Sydney's premier attractions. Venture over to Sydney City and Darling Harbour, pay a visit to Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge, get up close and personal with a Koala at WILD LIFE Sydney Zoo, walk under water at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium or experience world-renowned exhibits at Powerhouse and National Maritime Museums. Modern and comfortable, the hotel provides a variety of facilities and services all for our guests' well being - Business Centre, 24-hour room service, The Ternary - our brand new restaurant offering Asian & Grill Kitchens along with a Wine Bar & Charcuterie and great recreational facilities including swimming pool, gymnasium and an outdoor tennis court. From our convenient and comfortable accommodations to a myriad of free entertainment and festivals in the precinct, embrace the vibrancy of Sydney at Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Agoda, ACCOR, EasyToBook, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Sydney on Darling Harbour reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Sydney On Darling Harbour Hotel Sydney
- Novetel Sydney
- Accor Sydney On Darling Harbour
- Sydney Novotel
- Darling Harbour Novotel