“Sydney - of course!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Sydney

You added Mercure Sydney to your Saves list
Mercure Sydney
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   818 - 820 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Ranked #50 of 185 Hotels in Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed at the mercure sydney for 1 night. Check in was very fast and efficient. The staff were friendly and attentive. Parking was great $29 overnight which was very reasonable for parking at a hotel in the city and plenty of spaces available. The hotel is situated only 5 minutes walk from central station which is very handy. Our room Although a little tired looking boardered on modern and was nice and comfortable. Great bed and they have a pillow menu with all different kinds of pillows you can have. Never seen this before so this was a good surprise. Unfortunately didn't get to try out the facilities like the restaurant and the buffet breakfast. Would definately recommend staying here

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear guest from Brisbane,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that our team was friendly and attentive and you encounter a fast and efficient check in as well as enjoyed the convenient city location.

Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

While presenting at a Conference last Mon/Tues/Wed I booked myself into the Mecure as it had in the past been a better than expected experience. This time I was a little disappointed from the lacklustre initial welcome greeting to the lack of information given when requested. I asked for map of area and information on massage services for following night. I was passed onto the concierge who was to busy to even acknowledge my existence with not even a look in my direction as the reception staff scurried to get me a tourist guide map. I was not a tourist. My room was smaller than expected with a view into an office building across the street. The more I think about it the more disappointed I was. I wanted to use the pool but there was no information in my room about services. The up side to this short stay was the location. Across the road from many eateries and a short walk to Central railway meant I was able to travel to Technology Park easily for my presentation. Bedding was comfortable, room was clean, towels white and fluffy, I would have loved a bathrobe or an extra blanket.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
GregBrady, General Manager at Mercure Sydney, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear guest from Melbourne,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the convenient city location as well as found your room to be clean and bedding comfortable.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Lovely, friendly staff greeted us on our arrival, which after a very long haul flight with 3 young children was nice. Staff were very helpful and accommodating. Rooms were clean, tidy and more than adequate.
Will stay again for sure. Cheers

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear guest from Abu Dhabi,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly, helpful and accommodating during your stay.

General Manage

Been to Mercure Sydney? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mercure Sydney

Address: 818 - 820 George Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Sydney
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#27 Family Hotel in Sydney
#37 Business Hotel in Sydney
#45 Romantic Hotel in Sydney
#46 Luxury Hotel in Sydney
Hotel Class:4 star — Mercure Sydney 4*
Mercure Sydney's convenient location is the perfect place from which to explore Sydney's major attractions, making it the perfect choice when travelling for both business and leisure. Boasting 517 modern contemporary accommodation rooms over 14 floors, these rooms have been designed for guests requiring a combination of convenience and comfort. Unique facilities include 24-hour room service, 24-hour indoor rooftop swimming pool, gym with air-conditioning, sauna, 2 restaurants and secure parking. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Mercure Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mercure Sydney Hotel Sydney
Accor Sydney

If you own or manage Mercure Sydney, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.