“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Sydney

You added Swissotel Sydney to your Saves list
Swissotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 8 | 68 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NEW INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Campbelltown
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

My husband stayed the night and we got a free upgrade to the excutive suites which included free drinks and capes at the excutive lounge we also had our breakfast in there. Right from driving into the Valet spot to checking out the staff treated all the guests so well. I felt really important and welcomed. I would stay there every weekend if we could afford it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Manningtre
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

we had an executive double room and with that is included a buffet breakfast and canapes , which is excellent. the staff were very helpful and eager to please. would certainly stay here again. we found that a weekly travel card was very good value allowing us to travel on the ferries trains and buses.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at numerous five star hotels across Sydney and i GUARANTEE the Swissotel Sydney has the best, warm, welcoming, courteous, polite service in Sydney. The staff kindly treats all guests with the same service, without discrimination. My stay was great, convenient location in the heart of the city. Same location as the major shopping precinct, WESTFIELD AND THE QVB BUILDING, as well as all the designer stores.. Warning: avoid the shower gel if you have sensitive skin.. I had a realy bad reaction to it. Other than that it was perfect.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for fantastic feedback regarding the service you received on your recent stay with us.

The colleagues at the hotel are dedicated to providing a very high level of service to all of our guests and it is wonderful to hear about your experience.

Our Purovel products used throughout the hotel are made from all natural ingredients, nonetheless I am sorry to hear about your reaction to the shower gel..

I do hope I am able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Strategically located on Market St and situated between Darling Harbour & Circular Quay and with all the shopping amenities within walking distance, there is not much more you can ask of the Hotel. The group of people working at the concierge were very friendly and helpful and the rooms were well maintained.

The one thing that I have deducted marks were the check in / check out staff. Don't get me wrong, they are all very polite and some of them do give you a genuine smile as well. However, you do feel some were just going through the motion and with a constant straight face. Maybe they were very busy then but a smile to greet you is always welcome.

Room Tip: Request for a room that faces Darling Harbour
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights while in Sydney on business. The hotel was of a very high quality, comfortable and in an excellent location.The very nice pool area came in handy during the very hot Sydney spring evenings, while the executive lounge was a good area to work while having a few ales.

I would have scored this hotel a 5 out of 5 had it not been for my experience when checking in and out of the hotel.

Upon arrival at the hotel I was told that I was being put a standard room, rather than the Executive room that I had booked and paid for (and that my colleagues were also booked in). Rather than listening to me when I said there must be some mistake, the guy on reception just said that there was nothing he could do and that the booking was correct. He said the only way I could get Executive lounge access was by paying an extra $60 per night. After some discussion I finally got on the phone to the travel agent and they sorted out the problem (which in turned out to be an error by the hotel after all) in minutes.

I know mistakes happen, and I am usually fine with that. My biggest problem was the guy on reception just didn't want to listen, or try in anyway to resolve the issue. I did get a call later that evening from someone apologising for the error and assuring me in had been recified in the system.

However when I came to check out, I was again told I had to pay $60 per night for upgrading to the Executive room. I then had to explain the situation again and go through the whole process of trying to get the extra cost taken off the bill, which was annoying to say the least.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel, I agree our outdoor pool is a very nice place to spend a balmy Sydney evening.

In regards to your experience upon check in, this standard of service provided upon check in, as you know from your time here, is not indicative of the overall service levels provided to our guests. I can assure you that I have looked into this personally and our Front Office team are currently looking into the processes in place so we can ensure this does not occur again.

I do hope I am able to welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here twice during our trip, once before and after our cruise. The first stay our room was very small, but had numerous amenities. The second stay we got a large room, but very few amenities. Although we did not have housekeeping issues our friend had bugs, torn sheets, dirty towels in her room and we overheard a man visiting the front desk with the same issues.
The staff was helpful beyond compare!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to provide feedback on your recent stay with us. I would like to personally guarantee that we have a strict protection procedure in place to eliminate this issue occurring; however, I have passed this on to the appropriate manager for review. As part of this procedure, our Engineering team organised immediate professional pest control inspection and I am happy to confirm that this came back clear.

It is great to hear that the staff were all helpful throughout the duration of your stay and that you enjoyed our hotel overall.

Ourimbah, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in a King Room on the 22nd floor with views over Darling Harbour. Was very pleased. Upon arrival we were greeted with Swiss chocolate coated strawberries for a birthday. Close to the shopping hub (short walk to QVB, Topshop etc.) and state theatre. Taxi rank right outside. Friendly staff!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Swissotel Sydney? Share your experiences!