“Perfect Sydney CBD Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Sydney

You added Swissotel Sydney to your Saves list
Swissotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 8 | 68 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NEW INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Tottenham
“Perfect Sydney CBD Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Swissotel Sydney is the perfect place to stay in Sydney if you don't have a car - everything is there - restaurants, shops, entertainment. The only thing not on your doorstep is the beach. The rooms are extremely clean and maintained. Great bathrooms. The staff are every friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I think Swissotel's edge is its location. 5-10 mins walk to Darling Harbour and Chinatown. Shopping malls at your doorstep with Westfield next door and QVB just opposite. 5 mins to Hyde Park.

I stayed here in August 2013. My wife and I travelled with two young kids (age 6 and 9). Booked a basic "Classic" room but requested for 2 double beds (queen size which is ok if your size is average).

We were pleasantly surprised that the room and the bathroom are rather spacious considering that it is only a basic room. With buildings all around the hotel and being on the 13th, there is no real view which did not bother us as we came for the view outside the hotel, not from inside.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The flip side of the awful Holiday Inn experience the previous night - see my review of Holiday Inn Darling Harbour.
I managed to obtain a room at Swissotel Sydney for the remaining 2 nights of my stay....having stayed here before, I was pretty certain that I would be far better off here..
Arriving around 08:00, I was greeted by Fifi and by Woody (who was the first person I ever met there on my previous stay).
The efficiency, courtsey and care was a delight to experience - made all the better given the fact that a room was available for me straight away. (I had no expectation of this - rather a hope that it might be so).
Comfortable, clean room with good lighting and working area - a really great hotel for a business trip made memorable by excellent staff - Fifi, Woody and Ricky in particular.
Looking forward to going back on 2nd September for the week.....;-)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SSYSwissotel, Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay, I am so happy to hear that we were able to assist on such short notice. I have personally passed on your compliments to Fify, Woody and Ricky.

I am glad to hear that we will see you again in the not so distant future.

Brooklyn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

What an awesome time I had here. I was welcomed by the conceive downstairs who took our bags for the cab and delivered to our room. The check in was a breeze and we were offered complimentary wifi and a discount on our breakfast. What really impressed me was the breakfast selections ...omg....most mornings I did not know what to choose as there was such large and varied selections and you could make your own fresh fruit or vegetable juice...it was just awesome. Location...location location...ten minutes walk to circular quay...five minute walk to Union station...in the heart of the Westfield mall...I hated leaving and would definitely stay here. The staff was amazing as well... They knew our names and always fretted us by name. I was really impressed....six stars

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Family trip to Sydney and am very happy to have made the right decision to stay at this hotel. It's a mere 30mins from the airport and yes like everyone's mentioned the lobby is on the 8th floor but that didn't bother us at all, the concierge was spot on the moment we arrived,helped with our luggage all the way to the room and the man who delivered the luggage to our room even described the amenities of the room in detail. Check-in was smooth and quick but I didn't get a very welcoming feeling from the man who checked us in,maybe it was one of his rough days. He did manage to answer all my queries about WIFI and breakfast, as a Swiss circle member I got free WIFI in our room and around the hotel which was a huge plus considering many hotels charge for WIFI in Australia.

Our big room on the 21st floor had 2 double beds with a beautiful view of the city,the Sydney eye and a bit of the sea just as I requested. I was greeted with a small notice and 2 Swiss chocolates,very nice of the hotel to do this. Little things sometimes make your stay even more worth it! The bathroom was huge,and all the toiletries and towels were complete, we didn't even ask for anything extra except for slippers. Sometimes if there are 3 guests in the booking like in our case, some hotels only get the room ready for 2, 2 towels, 2 toothbrushes etc... but Swissotel prepared everything for all 3 guests.

There was a Nespresso machine which we really liked because after a tiring day or after dinner we liked having coffee,there was also different kinds of tea available and a mini bar. There was even a pillow menu but we didn't mind the pillows we had as they were already very comfy. The only downside in the room was that they did not provide bathrobes, we sometimes liked wearing our bathrobes especially after taking a nice hot bath.

We tried their breakfast at the lobby for one day as it came free for one of my stays, nothing too special about it,not many choices. The hotel's lobby is big with a bar and lounge right in the middle,lots of sofas around to sit on.

Just a few downers,the housekeeping was a bit slow (waited for 20mins for our slippers then delivered in 5mins after the 2nd call) and the long wait for someone to pick up the phone when I dialed Swiss Service for help with luggage when we were going to check-out (gave up calling and waiting after 3 calls so brought our 6 luggage down to the lobby). Other than that everything was great!

Location is THE best asset of Swissotel! It is 10-15mins walking distance to Darling Harbor, about 20mins to Circular Quay by walk or you could take the free shuttle bus from the bus stop at QVB, it is 5mins walk to Hyde Park, Westfield, Pitt Street malls, Sydney Eye and St.Mary's Cathedral. As Catholics ourselves, we first visited the St.Mary's Cathedral after checking in, an amazing cathedral and serves as a beautiful backdrop if taking pictures from the fountain in Hyde Park.

Will definitely recommend this hotel and most probably stay here again when and if I go back to Sydney!

Room Tip: Ask for room on the higher floor with a view of the Sydney tower
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write your wonderful review on your recent stay at our hotel. I agree, having the coffee machine in the room is almost a necessity in this day and age. You will find that these are in all of our room types from a Swiss Advantage room and up. I have also passed all of your constructive feedback onto the relevant departments in order to continually improve the service we provide.

I look forward to welcoming you back upon your next stay here at Swissotel Sydney.

Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for an overnight stay in Sydney and found the property was everything I expected from a 5 star hotel. Fantastic size room, extra large bed and bathroom with shower and bathtub and a great work station. I only paid 250 for the night so I rate this hotel good value for money for a genuine 5 star property.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Oz
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

If one doesn't need a view of Harbour water....the Swissotel would be a Great place to stay. Its location is SO central for Shopping....as it actually is built "on top" of Myer Department Store...and next to the Pitt St. Mall, and a block from the Wonderful Queen Victoria Building. As well, it is only a few blocks to the lovely Hyde Park in one direction....and only a few blocks to ALL the wonderful Attractions of Darling Harbour....like the Aquarium...and a Ferry to Circular Quay.
One enters the hotel from Market St....into what is like a shopfront...with a Concierge Desk and Bellman trolleys...and a 3 lift area. Up to the 8th floor...where the Main Floor is... with Reception, the Funky lobby bar (with its comfy and colorful seating) and the In house Restaurant.
Our eventual room was Perfect for our 6 night stay. Big enough...with 2 HUGE banks of windows...which let in the morning sunshine. (as opposed to the TINY corner room we were first put in. Especially since we were on an Executive Floor..this 1st room was really not good enough...so we changed...smile) And the Executive Lounge was Most Enjoyable for our breakfasts and early evening drinks and snacks. (except for the one child who was not kept in hand by his parents. We don't mind kids being in an "adult area" IF they are well behaved...so this is an "issue" that we think needs to be looked at.) So...would we Return? Yes. There is Lots to Like about the Sydney Swissotel. Thanks to All who looked after us and our Requests. Special Thanks to Housekeeping! All were friendly, helpful and kept our room Perfect!
Oh...one more tip. We like taking the train in from the airport....and it is only a Very Short walk from the St. James station to the Hotel. Saves us time and money...

Room Tip: Just be "happy" with the room you are Assigned. If you're not....Change it. The little...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SSYSwissotel, Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing the wonderful feedback on your recent stay, it is so great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. I agree, our location is central making it very easy to see all that Sydney has to offer.

I have passed on your appreciation to the departments mention and we all look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Swissotel Sydney? Share your experiences!