“Well Worth a Visit!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Sydney

You added Swissotel Sydney to your Saves list
Swissotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 8 | 68 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NEW INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Melbourne, Oz
“Well Worth a Visit!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

If one doesn't need a view of Harbour water....the Swissotel would be a Great place to stay. Its location is SO central for Shopping....as it actually is built "on top" of Myer Department Store...and next to the Pitt St. Mall, and a block from the Wonderful Queen Victoria Building. As well, it is only a few blocks to the lovely Hyde Park in one direction....and only a few blocks to ALL the wonderful Attractions of Darling Harbour....like the Aquarium...and a Ferry to Circular Quay.
One enters the hotel from Market St....into what is like a shopfront...with a Concierge Desk and Bellman trolleys...and a 3 lift area. Up to the 8th floor...where the Main Floor is... with Reception, the Funky lobby bar (with its comfy and colorful seating) and the In house Restaurant.
Our eventual room was Perfect for our 6 night stay. Big enough...with 2 HUGE banks of windows...which let in the morning sunshine. (as opposed to the TINY corner room we were first put in. Especially since we were on an Executive Floor..this 1st room was really not good enough...so we changed...smile) And the Executive Lounge was Most Enjoyable for our breakfasts and early evening drinks and snacks. (except for the one child who was not kept in hand by his parents. We don't mind kids being in an "adult area" IF they are well behaved...so this is an "issue" that we think needs to be looked at.) So...would we Return? Yes. There is Lots to Like about the Sydney Swissotel. Thanks to All who looked after us and our Requests. Special Thanks to Housekeeping! All were friendly, helpful and kept our room Perfect!
Oh...one more tip. We like taking the train in from the airport....and it is only a Very Short walk from the St. James station to the Hotel. Saves us time and money...

Room Tip: Just be "happy" with the room you are Assigned. If you're not....Change it. The little...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SSYSwissotel, Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing the wonderful feedback on your recent stay, it is so great to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of our hotel. I agree, our location is central making it very easy to see all that Sydney has to offer.

I have passed on your appreciation to the departments mention and we all look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Best Regards,

Ross Buchanan
Executive Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Good basic accommodation with pool, gym & in house bar & restaurant, if your needing to be in heart of Sydney it ticks all those boxes. Reception is on 8th floor as only a street entry for concierge. Staff are friendly and service pretty good, breakfast is basic but ok, there are plenty of cafe's nearby & bars.

Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stay regularly and find that the hotel is clean, it is conviently located and the food and service is great. I find that it is much better than any of the other hotels that I have stayed at in Sydney.

Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

As a business traveller was made to feel welcome. When i asked for separate invoices to assist with business expense reconciliation, the staff member on the front desk was understanding, helpful and abliging.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I bought my mum here for a girls weekend as a birthday treat. And what a treat it was!

The room was absolutely stunning and the whole hotel had a very luxurious feel.

We also dined in the restaurant which was so delicious!

The staff were friendly and helpful and I hope to stay again in the future!

• Stayed June 2013
Eleebana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great hotel in city centre. Staff, rooms & exec lounge all excellent. Couldn't fault anything except no p.point in bathrooms except 4 shavers only which is not good if you are female. Will stay again.

Aussie living in Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here last Friday night as I had a work dinner at Circular Quay. I hadn't stayed here before but was very impressed with the Hotel. The location is absolutely amazing and would be excellent for overseas guests. Pitt St Mall is only 50 metres away and George St isn't that far as well. Made it easy for myself to walk down Pitt St to Circular Quay. The Staff here were sensational and some of the best service I've received at a Hotel in Australia.

The room was quite large as I had my wife and my 6wk old boy and we had ample room (sorry for my boy doing a wee on the bed!!) for the 3 of us. My wife ordered room service while I was out and she was very impressed with the meal and the size of it.

I work in the Travel Industry so do lots of Sydney Hotels with work and this was definitely one of the best in overall terms. Also they did give me an amazing rate so I can't complain.

I will definitely be staying here again and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my clients.

Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. It brings be great joy to hear that someone who has experience numerous hotels in the past enjoyed their stay so much.

When your little one is a bit older, do enquire about our kids room, I am sure that he will love it as much as you and your wife will.

Look forward to your return soon.

Best Regards,

Ross Buchanan
Executive Assistant Manager

Been to Swissotel Sydney? Share your experiences!