“Excellent. Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Sydney

You added Swissotel Sydney to your Saves list
Swissotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 8 | 68 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NEW INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Eleebana
“Excellent. Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Great hotel in city centre. Staff, rooms & exec lounge all excellent. Couldn't fault anything except no p.point in bathrooms except 4 shavers only which is not good if you are female. Will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Aussie living in Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed here last Friday night as I had a work dinner at Circular Quay. I hadn't stayed here before but was very impressed with the Hotel. The location is absolutely amazing and would be excellent for overseas guests. Pitt St Mall is only 50 metres away and George St isn't that far as well. Made it easy for myself to walk down Pitt St to Circular Quay. The Staff here were sensational and some of the best service I've received at a Hotel in Australia.

The room was quite large as I had my wife and my 6wk old boy and we had ample room (sorry for my boy doing a wee on the bed!!) for the 3 of us. My wife ordered room service while I was out and she was very impressed with the meal and the size of it.

I work in the Travel Industry so do lots of Sydney Hotels with work and this was definitely one of the best in overall terms. Also they did give me an amazing rate so I can't complain.

I will definitely be staying here again and would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to my clients.

Thanks again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. It brings be great joy to hear that someone who has experience numerous hotels in the past enjoyed their stay so much.

When your little one is a bit older, do enquire about our kids room, I am sure that he will love it as much as you and your wife will.

Look forward to your return soon.

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I booked the Swissotel Sydney on a recent family trip to Australia. Sydney was just a short 3 day, 2 night trip in my vacation, so I needed a place that was centralized and conveniently located to all of the places I would want to see. The Swissotel Sydney provided the perfect location. The location of the Swissotel ended up being about a 15-20 minute walk to all of the tourist spots in the area (Sydney Harbor Bridge, the Opera House, the Rocks, Chinatown, Darling Harbor, Seafood Market, The Star, etc.). It's also right next door to the Westfield mall, where there was an awesome food court.

While in Sydney, I was able to get from the airport to the Swissotel via public transportation. Going there, I took the train for about a 15 minute ride. After getting off at the station, it's just a short walk 2-3 blocks down to get to the Swissotel. I arrived early in the day, and luckily, my room was ready when I got there (around 10am). The room was clean and tidy. Not much of a view (could only see the pool and buildings on that side).

There's a pool, spa, and gym. The pool felt like it was heated (even during the winter time). It was quite refreshing to utilize the pool/spa area. As the time that I went (in the evening), I was the only guest using it (had the pool and spa all to myself).

The only gripes that I would have about this hotel, is that you have to take two elevators to get to your room. The first elevator goes from the street level to the lobby. And then the second set of elevators go to the rooms. It's a little bit of a hassle. Plus, you always walk by the front desk each time.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay, it is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your time with us so much.

In terms of the elevators, we pride ourselves in providing safety and security to all of our guests and we believe that having the dual elevator system is one way of ensuring this. I do however, appreciate your comments on this.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Sydney again in the not too distant future.

Shah Alam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

It was a delight to stay right at the CBD where everything (train,malls,markets) is all in comfortable walking distance. Reasonable pricing considering the brand name hence the excellent value of money.

Townsville, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Catching up with friends for the weekend. Perfect location for walking to Darling Harbour, Circular Quay and Chinatown.Right between Myer and Pitt st mall for shopping and a lovely bar. High tea served there (bit pricey for what you got compared to other high teas in sydney) Room clean and comfortable, little extras in the bathroom a nice treat and a nespresso and pods provides complimentary. Good room service and helpful concierge over the whole weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed in this hotel. The first time was a couple of years ago and I didn’t have the best experience. My most recent stay was fantastic. I’m really glad we gave it another chance. We stayed in a one bedroom suite and it was beautiful. Lots of room to move around, the bed and bedding was so comfy it really was a struggle to get up in the morning. The concierge and check in were very friendly and fast. My only gripe was that the valet parking was $50 ... but hey that’s what you pay these days in Sydney. The shampoo, conditioner and body lotion was really nice. Thanks for a great stay, hope to be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2013
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Welcome back to Swissotel Sydney, it is great to hear that your most recent stay exceeded your expectations and we were able to change your opinion. I must say, I do have to agree with you about the beds!

We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Glen Eden;Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If you're looking for somewhere central to visit Sydney, shop till you drop, see the sights and then relax - this is the place to stay. The food and drink was excellent and the spa treatments were a dream - especially after so much walking & shopping!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Swissotel

Been to Swissotel Sydney? Share your experiences!