“Sydney's best kept secret. Great rooms and beds. Good buffet breakfast. Good gym with sauna facilities. Great location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Sydney

You added Swissotel Sydney to your Saves list
Swissotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 8 | 68 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
NEW INTRODUCTORY PACKAGE
Ranked #23 of 184 Hotels in Sydney
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is my favorite hotel in Sydney. I used to spend more than 15-20 nights here a year. It is situated just across the street from the Sydney Hilton and offers much better value for money. It's location in the middle of Market Street puts you right in the middle of all the shopping action available in Sydney. It also offers great access to the hundreds of restaurants within a 5 minute stroll away. The rooms are luxurious with great toileteries even in the standard rooms. The beds are firm and the sheets and towels are plush and thick. The gym, while small, has a complete set of free weights and 4 pieces of cardio equipment. It also has a nice set of kettle bells for those who are looking for a functional workout. The sauna is a pleasant treat for those who like a bit of heat after their workout. There is also a steam room in the spa as well. The coffees in the lounge are delicious. Dinner is nothing to scream about in terms of selection from the menu, but it is fine in a pinch. They do try to make breakfast special with a lovely honey comb at breakfast and some choices that you would not expect in a hotel buffet breakfast.

Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, January 2, 2013

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Swissôtel Sydney on Trip Advisor and also recommending our hotel.

I am glad to read that you found our central location ideal for the shops and resaurants of Sydney and pleased that you enjoy the facilities offered by the hotel.

I note your comment regarding the menu selection in the restaurant and am pleased to let you know that our new Executive Chef has just launched a new restaurant menu, offering a variety of new dishes plus some old favorites and some healthy options - all offering a range of fresh, organic and locally sourced produce.

Email: EmailUs.Sydney@swissotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have made a habit of staying at the Swissotel since discovering it on a business trip several years ago and have now stayed there three times over successive years. This time we chose a one-bedroom suite for extra room. Check in was smooth if a little perfunctory given a demand to see ID, even though I am a loyalty club member. Our room on the 15th floor, despite a booking for two adults and one child, was equipped with towels just for two. Finally on the downside we were bedevilled by the constant rumble from to lift well which was adjacent to our room. That made sleeping a bit tough. It seems all the one bedroom suites have an L shape arrangement around the lift well. All that said it is impossible to fault the location of the hotel close to shopping, the QBV building, and Darling Harbour, and the general level of service which is excellent.
We will stay again.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the lift wells!

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Swissôtel Sydney on Trip Advisor and also recommending our hotel after your stays with us over the past years.

I am glad you find our central location convenient to the shops, QVB and Darling Harbour however am concerned on your comment regarding our one bedroom suites. May I suggest that you ask our reservations staff for recommendations when next you book as we have various suite options which may suit you better.

Brunswick Heads, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would like to personally thank the staff at Swissotel in Market Street, Sydney for their exceptional service and lovely treatment for my Sisters Birthday Stay. I booked this hotel direct for a surprise 40th Birthday Present. After speaking with my Sister, she has informed me that the hotel is just perfect! They allowed them to kindly check in early, gave a complimentary bottle of wine on arrival and also gave 2 buffet breakfasts for the price of one! Wow, that really is going above and beyond my expectations. Also the porter in the lift who sang happy birthday, what a lovely thing to do! My sister was very chuffed with all the fuss. My sister and her best friend loved the buffet breakfast which was lovely quality and more than you could ever eat. The queen size beds were comfortable and the rooms very spacious and very clean. Cant fault the position - handy to everything and a nice safe area for women. Thank you again for making the stay so special for them. I know where I will be staying when I come to Sydney and I will be spreading the word how nice it is to stay there. Cheers!
Kind Regards
Amber

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Swissôtel Sydney on Trip Advisor and also recommending our hotel and 'spreading the word'.

I am so pleased your sister enjoyed her time with us and that we contributed to her birthday celebration.

We look forward to welcoming you to Swissôtel Sydney we you are able to stay with us!

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

stayed here 07/12/12 for one night due to work xmas party..could not ask for a better location was on level 22 and used the pool/spa area..check in was easy and big thanks for Chris for giving us a late checkout which was appreciate
Huge bathrooms unlike other hotels plenty of space and the best bed i have slept on so comfortable and best sleep ive had in ages
would stay here again

Room Tip: high floors are worth the upgrade
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

I am glad to read that you found our central location ideal and pleased that you enjoy the facilities offered by the hotel, our bathrooms and beds are indeed highlights.

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This is a hotel we would consider giving it a miss, except for its central location in the heart of Sydney shopping district. We had arrived at the hotel in the early evening. No help was offered at the Concierge for our luggage even though we were the few guests checking in. It was pretty much 'Turn right, take lift to 8th floor'. Not much of a welcome at check-in either. Concierge didn't even tell us that Westfield was already closed - once again, pretty much 'Cross the road, go straight ahead'. Our experience in the next 2 days were average too. Concierge gave wrong info. on opening hours of Woolworths, saying it was 24 hours. As a result, hubby spent an hour roving around waiting for the supermarket to open!

We had requested 4 extra pillows from the pillow menu on the 1st night as only 2 pillows each were originally on the 2 double beds. Chambermaid took a long time to come around and I had to call again. When it came, chambermaid said she was told we had asked for 3 pillows. The pillows were the same even though we had asked for different types. As a matter of fact, when I raised a possibility of miscommunication with the Swiss Assist the next day, the very same chambermaid came knocking on our door, and raised her voice at us. She backed down when I told her frankly that she need not have to be rude.

In terms of the room, it is quite spacious for 2 adults and 2 kids. However, there were no central ceiling lights in the room, except for those at the bedside and desk. The only "ceiling light" is  the smoke alarm, with a regular beeping sound that obviously won't down well with light sleepers.

Frankly, we had expected a much better service from the Swissotel brand name. That was not the case for our visit.

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about Swissôtel Sydney on TripAdvisor.

I certainly apologise for not being able to fully satisfy your requirements during your stay and will certainly pass on your feedback to the appropriate department managers for review and action.

I appreciate that you have taken the time to write on TripAdvisor as it is partly though feedback such as yours that we are able to improve procedures to ensure we maintain a high level of service.

I do hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back very soon.

Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Swissotel Sydney is in a great location. Market street is very central location in the city. The hotel is right beside Westfield shopping mall, an upscale shopping mall and is walking distance to darling harbour and Sydney bridge and opera house. The hotel itself has large rooms with good service. However, the hotel rates are expensive. You will be paying for the location of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, January 3, 2013

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

I am glad to read that you found our central location ideal for the shops and restaurants of Sydney and pleased that you enjoy the facilities offered by the hotel.

I note your comment regarding rooms rates however recommend that next time you stay with us you speak with our reservations department about the room package options offered by the hotel.

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

When I first checked in Swissotel, staff was very friendly. They were very helpful with assisting carrying our luggages and bags. There smiles make a welcoming environment. Rooms were very clean, especially bathrooms. Usually when you walk into a hotel, you could smell 'something' in the room but not with Swissotel! Cleanliness is what I was happy most about. Beds were very comfortable and I love how the sheets are white and plain - simple is best instead of all the complex and fanciness. The only thing was the price. I was lucky to get discounts on the prices though. If you're looking for a cheap and affordable hotel, then maybe this isn't one of them. But the trade-off is what you pay, is what you get. Overall, it's one of the best hotels I ever stayed in. I would definitely come stay at Swissotel again without a doubt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Swissotel Sydney? Share your experiences!