“Terrific Service and large rooms!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swissotel Sydney

You added Swissotel Sydney to your Saves list
Swissotel Sydney
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Level 8 | 68 Market Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Announcement
Free Wifi
Ranked #23 of 185 Hotels in Sydney
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sydney, Australia
“Terrific Service and large rooms!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I don't know whether I was plain lucky or what but I got one large room and bathroom this time around. My first stay at the Sydney Swissotel was terrific. The staff was lovely and quick at both check-in and check-out. Nice looking room, comfortable beds and clean all round. The location is terrific, right in the middle of the city. If you get a good online deal like I did, I totally recommend it for business and leisure travelers alike.

Room Tip: Very large rooms and bathroom
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

I am hoping your guest room was a little bit of luck and a little bit of planning. In all seriousness, thank you for your kind recommendation and I look forward to sharing your feedback with our team. It is a pleasure to see a widely travelled individual, recognise our friendly service to both leisure and business travelers alike.

Do let us know you if you ever require special assistance and I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you on your next stay.

With best regard

Daniel Fueglister

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Mount Riverview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2011

We enjoyed another fantastic stay at Swissotel Sydney on the weekend. We couldn't fault any area of our stay. Our room was perfect, the staff were very friendly and helpful, and the facilities & restaurants etc were perfect!

We wouldn't consider staying anywhere else when staying in the city. And wouldn't hesitate to reccomend it to anybody.

Room Tip: All rooms we have had so far have been great.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, September 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us overall and appreciate your kind recommendation.

We hope to welcome you again soon and if we may assist with any special requests, please feel free to let us know.

All the best,

With kind regards,

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

Booked last minute. Amazing views from room. Excellent service in foyer bar. Classic rooms spacious, clean, comfortable, lovely bathroom. 5 minute walk to Darling Harbour, 2 mins to Myer. Room service breakfast was on time and tasty. Wine selection and evening meal very good. Stayed here on my own on business for 2 nights and felt very comfortable. All staff excellent from front of house to room service. Very impressed. Booked on late rooms.com for less than half price. Great value.

• Stayed September 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

It was such a pleasure to receive and share your feedback with our team and we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay.

Particularly, I am so glad you enjoyed your Dining Experience with us. Should you ever require assistance with reservations, recommendations or anything at all, please feel free to contact myself directly, via Executive Assistant Gina Rees on +612 9238 8821 or gina.rees@swissotel.com.

Thank you once again and I wish you a lovely day.

Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Stayed 2 nights at Swissotel Sydney after getting the deal from Lastminute.com.au's secret hotel at AUD190.

Pros :
- Right in the heart of CBD and shopping area. Just steps away from Queen Victoria Building, Myers, David Jones, Pitt Street Mall, Westfiled etc
- Fast check in
- Clean bathroom

Cons
- Located at Market street, which is always jammed especially during office hour
- Hotel room (furniture and fittings) very dated. Needs to be refurbished asap
- no free wifi in lobby / common area
- Parking at AUD55 for 24 hours
- Concierge needs approximately 20mins+ to get the car driven to the hotel door step, especially during peak hours
- Bed not very comfortable
- The smell of clorine/detergent used to clean the bathroom was very strong. Could still smell it after hours it was cleaned

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Swissôtel Sydney and thank you for sharing your feedback for improvement.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed our CBD location and at the same, apologise for the Sydney traffic that unfortunately goes hand in hand. As you may know, we are located above the Sydney Central Plaza, which means onsite parking is unfortunately limited. Nevertheless, I believe there is always a solution and should the opportunity arise, please allow me to make amends. Perhaps I may assist with pre booked Valet Parking? Alternatively we have the Self Parking option of $25 per day on Kent St and our Concierge Team will be able happy to assist you. Once again my apologies for any inconvenience and I will certainly share this with our Executive Committee for review.

We are also in the process of reviewing our Guest Rooms and your input is always appreciated.

All in all I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back into our care, in order to ensure we are able to meet and exceed your needs.

I would look forward to hearing from you.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

Chose this hotel based on good reviews but I was a bit disappointed when I got there. Rooms are outdated and very standard (look more a 3* hotel room). Also, service was not great. I booked a Executive room but was not on the Executive floor and as a result I had to pay for internet access (even though it was mentioned that it was included when I booked my room). Took them 24 hr and multiple calls to waived this internet fee. In addition, I had to wait for 2 hours (and again 4 more calls) to have my luggage in my room. On the bright side, this hotel is well located, in the heart of the CBD district. Stayed at another hotel nearby the week after (see my other review) and it was a much much better experience!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Guest,

Good afternoon and greetings from Swissôtel Sydney!

Your experience and satisfaction is most important to me and I hope to have the opportunity to achieve a positive outcome for you. In order for us to best review this, may I ask you to please contact myself via Executive Assistant Gina Rees on +612 9238 8821 or gina.rees@swissotel.com. This would allow us to identify the issue with your reservation and provide you with the adequate compensation you deserve.

My apologies the Room Allocation and subsequent difficulties were not to yours nor my satisfaction dear guest, I am confident we are able to amend and fully resolve the difficulty you experienced.

Thank you for allowing us to review and improve our operations and I hope to hear from you in the very near future.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

Having stayed to the Swissôtel Sydney before we knew it would be superb!

We were excited to be taking the family with me to the hotel (for their first visit) as we were all in the city for a 21st birthday celebration.

On check in, we were met by the General Manager, who thanked me for returning to his superb hotel, introduced himself to all of our party, and confirmed we had all been upgraded to suites - absolutely superb!

The rooms are large, airy, light and well appointed with a Nespeesso Machine, huge bathroom (with both a shower and separate bath) LCD TV, couch and huge comfy bed.

The hotel has a beautiful reception area with a very trendy bar and lounge.

It's close to everything including the new Westfield Sydney, Centrepoint Tower, a short walk to Darling Harbour and close to the CBD.

The concierge and desk staff are friendly and professional. The room service and house keeping staff are very very attentive.

This is a superb hotel - my favorite in Sydney!

Thank you Swissôtel!

• Stayed July 2011
SSYSwissotel, General Manager at Swissotel Sydney, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Greetings again from Swissôtel Sydney!

It is my personal pleasure to thank you for your loyalty and for choosing to stay with us at Swissôtel Sydney.

I am happy your family enjoyed their time with us and the first of what I hope will be more family visits. I was able to share your feedback with our Team this morning and sincerely appreciate your kind praise of our Concierge, Front Office, In Room Dining and Housekeeping Team members.

I hope the 21st birthday celebrations were a success and thank you again for your kind feedback.

Have a lovely day.

With best regards,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

It was our 40th anniversary and we spent night cellebrating. From the minute we arrived at the Swissotel we were made to feel important. We were given an upgrade to the executive level and found a welcome gift of chocolate dipped strawberries in our room which set the mood for the stay. The staff was great, nothing we asked for was too much, the food was amazing, (a 770gram rib eye steak!) wow. The wine was resonably priced was perfectly suited to our meal. Overall a wonderful experience my wife and I recommend the place to everyone. Col Stead

Room Tip: Hotel is in the centre of town, but there was no street noise in the room.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

It gives me great pleasure to see you have enjoyed your 40th Wedding Anniversary! Congratulations on this wonderful milestone and thank you for your kind review.

I look forward to sharing your review with our team and am delighted you felt valued from the moment you arrived. The Rib eye is quite something and perhaps I can share my favourite recommendations on your next stay.

Thank you again and do let us know if you require any further assistance.

Daniel Fueglister

Been to Swissotel Sydney? Share your experiences!